The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-12 13:53:39

Vocko1993

Shitty robbery skils . What to do ?

Well I know what are you gonna tell me . Pratice makes master right, but if I do that all the time the rich guys get richer and my skills stay the same .

I've read a tons of stuff on this forum that is not viable to make less than 2k house and try your way up , but there is no other way .
The odds of me robbing a house that has 10-15 k is equal to me getting a jackpot , and if I keep doing this I will lost interest in this game .
Something needs to change hmm

#2 2014-02-12 13:59:48

setz
Website

Re: Shitty robbery skils . What to do ?

Spend the first 5 minutes scouting houses with no tools. You have a 5 minute window where your house doesn't show up on the server. Find a house that seems like you might be able to rob it and then go get your $2000 in tools and try the house. You can then either spend the money you steal on a house or chain-rob and buy more tools and go for a bigger house. This doesn't obviously work everytime but over the course of a day or two you will get a big score and be able to build a sweet house. You will probably end up getting robbed pretty quickly but that is the game's play cycle.

#3 2014-02-12 14:00:28

colorfusion

You don't need to rob houses 10-15k, and the game wouldn't really work if you were able to easily do so with starter money.

Build a decent house then rob low down houses to get money and upgrade, the upcoming change to the way the list works should make it easier.

You can try to hit a jackpot, but it really isn't going to happen too often.

Last edited by colorfusion (2014-02-12 14:01:00)

#4 2014-02-12 14:17:33

Secret Santana

It's totally viable to start with a starter house and work up.  I'm a relatively new player and I started with a $1600 house and I haven't robbed a single house.  My house has gotten as high as 2nd highest on the first page so far, so it is definitely viable.  The key is coming up with your own trap, not anything posted online.

#5 2014-02-12 14:36:44

Vocko1993

Didn't know about 5 min start yikes
Tnx

#6 2014-02-12 19:53:44

42dustman

Vocko1993 wrote:

Well I know what are you gonna tell me . Pratice makes master right, but if I do that all the time the rich guys get richer and my skills stay the same .

I've read a tons of stuff on this forum that is not viable to make less than 2k house and try your way up , but there is no other way .
The odds of me robbing a house that has 10-15 k is equal to me getting a jackpot , and if I keep doing this I will lost interest in this game .
Something needs to change hmm

Don't worry about making the rich richer, you're only painting a target on their backs. Try to use your starting money to rob the houses between 4k to 8k, I robbed two of those yesterday after merely a dozen deaths or so. Only ever buy bricks, water and meat because they are cheap (so you can buy a lot of them) and they are useful on pretty much all of the 'mid tier' homes.

Self-testing is torture.

#7 2014-02-12 21:38:20

Lord0fHam

colorfusion wrote:

You don't need to rob houses 10-15k, and the game wouldn't really work if you were able to easily do so with starter money.

Build a decent house then rob low down houses to get money and upgrade, the upcoming change to the way the list works should make it easier.

You can try to hit a jackpot, but it really isn't going to happen too often.

whats the upcoming list change?

It's a trap!

#8 2014-02-12 23:48:46

Storm

don't worry about dying if you have nothing, take advantage of that fact. rob just to learn new tricks. let them have your tools, theyll come to rue the day. the more you rob the more you can recognize what theyre up to and the further in you'll get. saws are good, i usually grab 3. sometimes you can land on top of their chest with a couple well guessed saw points. usually a saw to break outside into the open, then 1 or 2 to strategically place yourself back inside is one of the lucky draws you can stumble on. plus bricks, dog, water, occasionally a doorstop is good. when starting off with $2k to rob you get nicer houses with lower money (5-15k) because they just upgraded, and you also get low quality houses with higher money(5-15k) because theyve accumulated kills and havent come back yet. the second one is where youll likely find a score. of course... if your skills keep staying the same despite practice and reading the forums, perhaps a more peaceful existence of slowly tending your budding domicile is the path for you. piece by tender piece. one minimum bounty roughly equaling one concrete wall...

Last edited by Storm (2014-02-13 00:07:20)

Board footer