The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-15 00:33:25

Storm

pure psychology starter build

KDqMxKe.jpg
use psychology instead of cash. this example leaves you with enough money to draw people in, and with no obvious commits (besides the window/dog alone danger to the very wary), can net some relatively fast kills. remember to keep expanding your house as one like this won't stand up outside the slums meta ( > $2k. this one took me to $3.5k at time of posting, ran it for about 35 minutes. once you get a kill or two throw down a wooden wall anywhere and reset your house to 0/0 on the board to lure more people in).

#2 2014-02-15 01:08:19

LiteS

Re: pure psychology starter build

Storm wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/KDqMxKe.jpg
use psychology instead of cash. this example leaves you with enough money to draw people in, and with no obvious commits (besides the window/dog alone danger to the very wary), can net some relatively fast kills. remember to keep expanding your house as one like this won't stand up outside the slums meta ( > $2k. this one took me to $3.5k at time of posting, ran it for about 35 minutes. once you get a kill or two throw down a wooden wall anywhere and reset your house to 0/0 on the board to lure more people in).

Heh, I saw that house. Problem with the door is I could just open it 100% no fear, cuz it's not in line with the dog and I could go back and check to see if the dog had moved down. Electric grates still scared me away, but I left unscathed.

#3 2014-02-15 01:11:34

Storm

you sir, are one of the lucky intruders who can count squares smile what are you doin on such cheap houses lite? arent you supposed to be out expanding your painting collection? (edit: up to $4806, don't rob me)

Last edited by Storm (2014-02-15 02:40:37)

#4 2014-02-15 01:26:31

JoyOfTrapping

This is a good house.  Traps are designed with psych. to affect players at multiple skill tiers.  That means it's well fortified.  If a house has a lot of money invested in traps, but they are the traditional fare, with no creative deception or curve balls, I can usually reach the vault unscathed as long as I have the tools I need.  Those houses, despite being costly, are fairly transparent from a psychological standpoint. 

I am always looking for better strats to climb out of the fresh start position quickly rather than slowly, yet without the risk of robbing right off the bat.  This build is good.  Also, I emailed ya Storm.

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#5 2014-02-15 01:57:43

LiteS

Storm wrote:

you sir, are one of the lucky intruders who can count squares smile what are you doin on such cheap houses lite? arent you supposed to be out expanding your painting collection? (edit: up to $4706, don't rob me)

Mine is a game of patience, since I only want certain paintings. I have to wait till they separate from the others, and most recently I died to Win8 bugs. Oh well, I'll be back tomorrow.

Board footer