The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-16 22:10:20

Gamerlord08

The Rich....

Hello Everyone! i enjoy castle doctrine very much, but my only big problem is, the rich, they steal from the more poor people, say you build a low level defence with like your wife's shotty, 2 dogs, they walts in with a gun, a club, and a ton of drugged meats, water bottles galore, i personally think the fact that robbing the poor is a real cheap way of earning money, it's not only cruel, slow going, and cheap on many levels, but it really ruins the fun for newbies like myself. but likewise, this game is still fun no matter that circumstance!

#2 2014-02-16 22:14:39

Americans17

Re: The Rich....

what you mean by robbing a poor? I usually roob people with 1100 house value and 1 kill (santa!) But its just to get a bit of extra money because the profit often is just 400-600

#3 2014-02-16 22:43:07

LiteS

Castle Doctrine requires you to learn a few things, and this lesson is a tough one. If your house has $2000 in the bank, an established player can come in with tools with a buy value of $3900, and if he is successful, he may make a small profit, since the sell value on those tools would only be $1950.

Robbing the poor is easy money, as a good player can scout a poor house with minimal risk, come back with tools to disable the entry trap, then scout further and return with more tools if needed. The best way to fight this is to have less money in your vault than half the value of tools it would take to circumvent your defenses. Invest your funds into expanding your house early, so that robbers have to pass more traps than expected to reach your vault.

#4 2014-02-17 03:46:00

colorfusion

If they are "earning money" then it's not just the rich robbing the poor, because that must mean the tools they have are worth less than your house value. That is likely somebody below your value robbing you.

Board footer