The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#51 2014-02-17 21:47:34

Sybernetik

Re: Name your Price

Wow, that is an amazing house

#52 2014-02-17 23:08:45

joshwithguitar

jere wrote:

Well, that's it folks.

http://i.imgur.com/5MLtMl2.png

What happened?

#53 2014-02-18 00:44:07

Pandamonium

To: redxaxder

jere wrote:

Gregory Jeffrey Andrus.
Ha! We share middle names.

I know it's you thanks to Jere!

redxaxder wrote:

Well, jere. You're going to be safe from me for a while now. I just died in a stupid way in a house I had practically solved =[.

You killed my daughter! (my first family!)

http://imgur.com/a/6QHVz

Ironically I posted this when I was at work earlier in the day.

Little did I know, what you were really doing!

Pandamonium wrote:
redxaxder wrote:

Information still leaks out with every visit, and you can't really prevent an attack by someone who stockpiles maps (instead of pooling everything in their own house).

You've inspired me.

Once my home falls, I'm going to start designing a house that I can "change" a few settings each time I loggin, so that what lets you pass one day will kill you the next, etc.

Dear Redxaxder;

I will meet you and my daughter in hell... I just died trying to find all the things you broke, apparently I missed a bit, and it killed me during self test.

My dear wife, until next life.

Pandamonium

Last edited by Pandamonium (2014-02-18 01:07:15)

#54 2014-02-18 02:08:04

ukuko

Aw, did you die?

#55 2014-02-18 03:03:48

Pandamonium

ukuko wrote:

Aw, did you die?

Like a phoenix, we will all rise again.

#56 2014-02-18 05:11:13

jere

What happened?

I was being dumb in Connell's house. I came back for a second time and couldn't remember how the floors turned on... it was a long family member path. And I just wasn't taking the time to think about it. I've gotten into the habit of treating everything like a black box.

I wasn't a very good tyrant. That was only like the second person I was trying to take out for having too much money.

I have to say I'm really impressed Jere!

Thanks and nice annotations, Pandamonium. A lot of the other features are there to prevent someone digging through from exploring freely.

-A fail safe on the first section. It turns on if you cut in either direction, but it wasn't as effective as I expected. Most brute forcers were smart and cut the first floor.

-The cat on the right is inspired by Blip's advice. If you somehow cut through from any direction other than the bottom, the cat will die.

-Lots of electric floors/doors that simply turn off if visited in order.

-Those doors in the middle become a guessing game unless you have plenty of crowbars.

redxaxder cut through the deepest and got to the part right before the middle chihuahua. He didn't even see the chihuahua though because of the camera! I'm really wondering if this is what he expected because he said:

P.S. Unless the thing I found is a decoy, you should probably make some changes to your house. The orientation of that trap is really suggestive; a lot of space must have already been used leading up to it. I have a strong suspicion about where your vault is.

Last edited by jere (2014-02-18 05:12:53)

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#57 2014-02-18 09:33:18

slith

jere wrote:

^I don't necessarily mean doing it intentionally. I lost money this morning on a house because I made bad assumptions about how it worked and I had to come back an embarrassing number of times.

That was my house. I just wanted to live near the top peacefully sad

You wouldn't happen to remember my name by any chance, would you? I've managed to somehow recover from you killing my family and stealing all of my money.

#58 2014-02-18 09:47:52

jere

I just wanted to live near the top peacefully

Yea, sorry. That's not really an option for anyone at the top.

I'll check my tapes to see if I can find the name although others might remember as well; you were 2nd place. Clever house by the way!

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#59 2014-02-18 10:18:00

slith

Yeah I know. To be honest,  I was getting bored sitting there watching people die to the very first cat and getting nowhere close to the vault. You robbing me gave me motivation to build myself back up (possible to rob you, but that can't happen now) and has made the game much more interesting.

Aaaaaaand I'm dead because I'm dumb because I was redoing my house and walking 3 steps on empty ground before walking onto a powered wire in plain sight because I was rushing...

Last edited by slith (2014-02-18 15:27:04)

Board footer