The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-21 13:32:24

MMaster

My old house as Donald James Averett

Hi,

Donald James Averett died a while ago and I've decided to share my house with you:
EDIT (wrong link): http://castledraft.com/editor/QRiMQV

It was very nice house and it survived many brute force attempts (hi jwg ;-) ) but now the new one is being born and I'm almost sure you will see it at the top page sometimes next week ;-)

Here is what you had to do to pass this one:
1. you do 2 steps left and right to get the dog to close the door in front of him.
2. you take step up where the door is and immediately return down (the door will close behind you). By doing this you just deactivated button in front of dog that you will meet soon.
3. You go down and let the door close behind you.
4. You will meet the dog, but the button in front of him has no power so you can go ahead.
5. You go down and right to where the trapdoor is (let the dog stay in his hallway for now), press the button, do a step back and press the button again. By doing this you just prepared the commit gate to be passed as the dogs at the control room from the beginning now have the buttons prepared to activate the trap door when needed.
6. You return for the dog and go through the trapdoor. As you walk through it the dogs in the control room enable the power through the button that was deactivated at the beginning and power the trapdoor at the exact time as you step on it.
7. You can now go down.
8. As soon as your screen shifts you will notice dog that is going to hit the button that is obviously powered.
9. You need to leave the dog as it is and step to the right door which will close behind you as the dog steps at the button.
You need that to happen as that power is then going to the combination lock at the bottom right where you need to go now.
10. When you step on the button at the entry to the combination lock all the traps behind you will be activated.
11. You can now enter the code (1, 4) and as soon as you step on the button leaving the combination lock, power will start flowing from it through the electric floors to power the combination lock buttons and unlock all the trapdoors / deactivate the electric floor in front of you.
12. You can now freely continue to the vault.

The last part was probably the most vulnerable as it was being activated by combination lock and if robber would knew the combination he would be able to defuse everything in front of him and take all loot.

EDIT: For the record I want to add that it was not fun to look at the security tapes as 80% of people died in 5 turns, 10% in 9 turns, 9% died in the bottom left funny dog room and 1% brute forced through everything, but didn't get to the vault (this vault was never touched by anyone).

Last edited by MMaster (2014-02-21 16:34:02)

#2 2014-02-21 14:32:56

protox13

Re: My old house as Donald James Averett

MMaster wrote:

Hi,

Donald James Averett died a while ago and I've decided to share my house with you:
EDIT (wrong link): http://castledraft.com/editor/QRiMQV

It was very nice house and it survived many brute force attempts (hi jwg ;-) ) but now the new one is being born and I'm almost sure you will see it at the top page sometimes next week ;-)

Here is what you had to do to pass this one:
1. you do 2 steps left and right to get the dog to close the door in front of him.
2. you take step up where the door is and immediately return down (the door will close behind you). By doing this you just deactivated button in front of dog that you will meet soon.
3. You go down and let the door close behind you.
4. You will meet the dog, but the button in front of him has no power so you can go ahead.
5. You go down and right to where the trapdoor is (let the dog stay in his hallway for now), press the button, do a step back and press the button again. By doing this you just prepared the commit gate to be passed as the dogs at the control room from the beginning now have the buttons prepared to activate the trap door when needed.
6. You return for the dog and go through the trapdoor. As you walk through it the dogs in the control room enable the power through the button that was deactivated at the beginning and power the trapdoor at the exact time as you step on it.
7. You can now go down.
8. As soon as your screen shifts you will notice dog that is going to hit the button that is obviously powered.
9. You need to leave the dog as it is and step to the right door which will close behind you as the dog steps at the button.
You need that to happen as that power is then going to the combination lock at the bottom right where you need to go now.
10. When you step on the button at the entry to the combination lock all the traps behind you will be activated.
11. You can now enter the code (1, 4) and as soon as you step on the button leaving the combination lock, power will start flowing from it through the electric floors to power the combination lock buttons and unlock all the trapdoors / deactivate the electric floor in front of you.
12. You can now freely continue to the vault.

The last part was probably the most vulnerable as it was being activated by combination lock and if robber would knew the combination he would be able to defuse everything in front of him and take all loot.

I would add some steel walls and pits and possibly pit bulls to your layers of concrete. It would force robbers to bring more stuff which might be wasted and up the cost of cracking your vault. That being said, this looks like a pretty good and tough design!

#3 2014-02-21 14:52:59

MMaster

Re: My old house as Donald James Averett

protox13 wrote:

I would add some steel walls and pits and possibly pit bulls to your layers of concrete. It would force robbers to bring more stuff which might be wasted and up the cost of cracking your vault. That being said, this looks like a pretty good and tough design!

Thanks for suggestions - I've already did that in my new house as jwg suggested it in other thread. Houses at the top need to be basically unsolvable by usual means. They need to be made to force robbers brute force through them and make the costs of that as high as possible. You can do that by using as much different stuff as you can so they need as much uncommon tools as possible.

Btw. this was my second house (when I don't count the first one that was not really house, but just experiment to learn the game). I hope third one will be much better ;-)

Board footer