The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-28 08:53:03

mala

contraption help request

hi guys,

i'm trying to set up a trap but i can't figure out what's wrong (actually i have but i cannot find the solution)

http://castledraft.com/editor/IxSlX9

the idea is that if you cut the electric floor it powers up because of the paradox circuit and at the same time doors open.

I'm getting the right visual effects from the triggers, problem is, the door won't stay closed in the first place.
that should be because the lower inverted switch isn't powered from the beginning but i can't find a way to fix it.

can someone give me an advice?

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#2 2014-02-28 11:47:30

Blip

Re: contraption help request

This should work: http://castledraft.com/editor/xPa1on
The idea behind this is that the odd-step pulses from the electric-floor loop are inverted to make even-step pulses. These are combined with a separate set of odd-step pulses from a separate loop, so that the door receives power at every step of the loop and settles down to the on state. When the floors are cut, constant power flows through the floors, and that is inverted into no power. The door is now only receiving odd-step pulses, and settles into the off, or open, state.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#3 2014-02-28 22:50:02

mala

ty very much,
i'll try it as soon as possible.

just a couple of question

What do you mean by odd/even step cycle? is it related to the number of tiles used for the loop?

is it possible to wire multiple doors to the same output? it does require 2 connections on each door and since they do not conduct energy how can i link them together?
just to be clear that was my first idea: http://castledraft.com/editor/5x9rRl

edit: Just tried your design, but the door is still set on open, can't get it to work.

Last edited by mala (2014-03-01 08:59:06)

Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#4 2014-03-01 09:46:22

Blip

I fixed it; I had accidentally used a voltage triggered instead of a voltage inverted in that design. This one works as intended, though it's a couple tiles wider. Note: the missing electric floor is intended to that the two loops don't mix. Also, note that those second set of electric floors aren't on at any point, so it's safe to cross.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#5 2014-03-01 10:28:59

mala

Blip wrote:

I fixed it; I had accidentally used a voltage triggered instead of a voltage inverted in that design. This one works as intended, though it's a couple tiles wider. Note: the missing electric floor is intended to that the two loops don't mix. Also, note that those second set of electric floors aren't on at any point, so it's safe to cross.

looks perfect, ty very much

edit: seems harder than i thought, doors stay closed but they won't open if the circuit is cut

Last edited by mala (2014-03-01 11:53:56)

Board footer