The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-03-24 11:49:49

MMaster

Re: This game is Broked.

CircleOfSorrow wrote:

I give up. Enjoy your 'game'. Be careful of objects that are hot or sharp. You are welcome.

What a shame I didn't read this before - I just made some tea and burned myself with hot teapot, cutting my finger with knife I held in the other hand. Thanks god he gave me 2 hands - if I could I would buy other 2 just in case.

Thank you for your advice!

#27 2014-03-24 11:53:47

iceman
Website

MMaster wrote:
CircleOfSorrow wrote:

I give up. Enjoy your 'game'. Be careful of objects that are hot or sharp. You are welcome.

What a shame I didn't read this before - I just made some tea and burned myself with hot teapot, cutting my finger with knife I held in the other hand. Thanks god he gave me 2 hands - if I could I would buy other 2 just in case.

Thank you for your advice!

I read this seconds after I cut both my hands (and my feet) off with the sword I left in a bonfire for an hour.  Good thing speech-to-text exists.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#28 2014-03-24 12:06:06

CircleOfSorrow

LuL!

#29 2014-03-24 12:10:08

JoyOfTrapping

2014-03-18 23:22:37

CircleOfSorrow wrote:

I've only been playing this game for a few days now (at least that is how I perceive the time passed) and already I am addicted.  I knew there was potential for enjoyment ... This type of gameplay is rare...and I can't stop.  When I first got it, I spent two days almost continuously playing...

2014-03-19 04:58:57

CircleOfSorrow wrote:

I am getting a bit bored with my place...

sb1
Emotional, compulsive personality is emotional and compulsive.

2014-03-22 04:02:23

CircleOfSorrow wrote:

This is one of the more w00t moments for me...it's like being 3 again ... I like this game ...

2014-03-23 03:22:38

CircleOfSorrow wrote:

TheCastleDoctrine was fun while it lasted... Does anybody else think that using alt accounts to fund brute force attacks is akin to masturbation?
Have fun wankers!
LuLz

sb2

CircleOfSorrow wrote:

Guy, are you trolling? It is as if I am arguing that the sky is blue or that the earth is round and you are straight-faced denying it...it's moronic.

CircleOfSorrow wrote:

My statement stands ... The game is broken, and as such merely provides an illusion of gameplay as expected ... any previous enjoyment was derived under false pretense on the part of the developer. The only players that can enjoy this game are those that exploit the broken game mechanics and prey on others, and those poor creatures that can't see that the game is broken.

sb3

Also,

gg1

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#30 2014-03-24 12:27:43

CircleOfSorrow

Hmmm, your skin is that thin? Sorry ladies :*(

#31 2014-03-24 15:25:52

PsyBlade

Some multi account protection isn't that hard to do.
Basically you use indicators that contribute to a score. Accs over a certain threshold are considered multis and share chills.

Possible indicators are:
shared ip
shared online times
interleaved activity times
dying in each others houses
robbing each others houses
entering the same houses shortly after each other

#32 2014-03-24 17:48:15

Kimenzar

I tested it yesterday how much you could abuse 2 accounts(Friends Account, who dont't play anymore). End of Story, one off my Accounts got in a timeinterval of ~24 hours 100k and it could have been much more. Don't judge me, the first Account died. But it is way too easy to get money by it. And with 3 Accounts it would be a constant income.

#33 2014-03-24 20:01:46

Nakula

LOL first of all this thread is hilarious. And i agree with Circle that its almost as if hes being trolled. It is so amazingly easy to exploit the game with 2 accounts. with the 2nd account you can just keep using 2k worth of tools on the low low houses until you find the vault and solution to the house. you then kill yourself with whatever tools you have left or can afford in the house where you found the vault. then in account 1 you can breeze through the now higher valued house with no tools, and know exactly where to go. rinse repeat. its a pretty big deal. and even if there is apparantly no way to stop it, give the guy a break. Hes right, that aspect of this game is broken.

#34 2014-03-24 20:10:44

Storm

CircleOfSorrow wrote:

To anyone who is confused about the point of this guys behavior:

He initially viewed the game as a challenge of wits.
He got his ass kicked.
Disappearing quietly in his own shame didn't sit well with him, so he came on the forums proclaiming the game to be broken and asserting that to be the reason he was quitting and not that he got his ass kicked in an attempt at appeasing his ironically overinflated ego.

It'll be alright son. It'll be alright.

As someone else said, multiple accounts are exploits in many MMO's. Everyone else deals with it too from time to time. Yeah it's an advantage, but it doesn't turn you into a top player for $16. If you think it's that OP then get one yourself and show us your #1 house on the board.

Last edited by Storm (2014-03-24 20:22:29)

#35 2014-03-25 00:34:22

Kimenzar

Storm wrote:
CircleOfSorrow wrote:

To anyone who is confused about the point of this guys behavior:

He initially viewed the game as a challenge of wits.
He got his ass kicked.
Disappearing quietly in his own shame didn't sit well with him, so he came on the forums proclaiming the game to be broken and asserting that to be the reason he was quitting and not that he got his ass kicked in an attempt at appeasing his ironically overinflated ego.

It'll be alright son. It'll be alright.

As someone else said, multiple accounts are exploits in many MMO's. Everyone else deals with it too from time to time. Yeah it's an advantage, but it doesn't turn you into a top player for $16. If you think it's that OP then get one yourself and show us your #1 house on the board.

Will sit down for it on the weekend 2 days should be enough to make a 1# or 2# house wink

#36 2014-03-25 01:15:49

Cylence

Just some suggestion on bounties, but won't be visiting this thread again.

Possible code change that would make it harder:
Only family members killed in a house with at least $4k value will add to a robber's bounty.
Thematic justification: (sad parallel), poor people can't afford to offer incentives for revenge.

Community change that would make it harder:
Start protecting your families, and clubbing easy to find families.

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#37 2014-03-25 07:52:32

42dustman

I think the advantages of dual accounts are being severely underestimated here, you can get 10k quick and easy anytime you want by using your secondary to club vulnerable family members in the poor houses and then suiciding in your main house and the chills can be easily bypassed by 'stashing' the bounty in a easy picking poor house. Not to mention how you can also use a secondary to do risk and cost free scouts on any of the bigger houses you want to rob or lock the dogs in your main house in whatever convenient positions you want them to be.

Self-testing is torture.

#38 2014-03-25 08:23:15

MMaster

42dustman wrote:

I think the advantages of dual accounts are being severely underestimated here, you can get 10k quick and easy anytime you want by using your secondary to club vulnerable family members in the poor houses and then suiciding in your main house and the chills can be easily bypassed by 'stashing' the bounty in a easy picking poor house. Not to mention how you can also use a secondary to do risk and cost free scouts on any of the bigger houses you want to rob or lock the dogs in your main house in whatever convenient positions you want them to be.

Yes it's easier / no it's not godlike power. They will be able to get money faster, but they won't be able to build good house just with money (brain is needed). Yes they can try to rob houses with second account to stack bounty, but they can also give the bounty to someone else if they die during bounty stacking. Having money and more attempts to rob someone does not make them better players. Their house will still fall and they will still die from doing mistakes. Yes they can use secondary account to make their house unsolvable, but that is nothing super cool as it can be done even without having second account (I've built house that forced first robber to move in a way that when he got to the vault all dogs, cats, traps would stay in a state that I wanted them to be).

Yes it makes their life easier - no it does not give them invulnerability or xray vision.

EDIT: If you have brother/sister/friend that also plays this game, you have exactly the same advantages.
My point is that everything that you mentioned just shortens their time to get money and build house. Yes it is advantage, but only time advantage. Nothing that can't be achieved with single account after some time. I have never used second account to gain such advantage and still I'm able to get to the top page with each house that I build. What is their advantage against me? They can put down my house faster - and what? That's what this game is about - your/my house is supposed to fall. I enjoy building new one.

Last edited by MMaster (2014-03-25 08:53:29)

#39 2014-03-25 11:03:44

MakinGravy

Storm wrote:

so he came on the forums proclaiming the game to be broken

Broked

FTFY

Board footer