The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-21 22:52:36

Cylence

To the visitors of Ronald Michael Jensen [spolier alert p4]

First, I want to thank Ryan E. Okeefe (crazyace) for the providing the seed money ($35k) to start construction on the Jensen Gallery. He is also the previous owner of the marvelous paintings that began my collection when I first moved into town. The Dermatillomanian set is currently on display.

I just want to thank all of YOU for your tool and bounty donations. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have been able to complete my house. Over 2 weeks of collecting donations, and slowly upgrading the house, I've finally reached a point where all of my initial intended design has been built, with planned edits and vault changes only when necessary to thwart those persistent scouts.

I'd like to dedicate this moment to my late, great mentor, Richard Jeffery Ponder. He passed away recently while doing what he loved (working on his house). I am glad that I was able to purchase a painting he so dearly loved and had on display in his welcoming home. That painting is "Surge After Hokusai" by Steven Diamond and can be viewed in my archive if anyone would like to stare at the beautiful, yet powerful aquatic form.

Now that the Jensen Gallery is complete, it is time to start collecting donations to fund the acquisition and collection of new paintings to add to the Jensen Gallery. Hopefully, you will continue your support and visit often.

I leave you with this tape that was submitted to Funniest Home Surveillance Tapes earlier this week, so that you can share in the fun and joy that you have provided me with.

rWpmF1h.gif

Edit: changed title to include spoiler alert.

Last edited by Cylence (2014-05-12 20:42:22)

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#2 2014-04-23 14:34:16

Cylence

Re: To the visitors of Ronald Michael Jensen [spolier alert p4]

pagedMov
Thanks for visiting. My cat had fun playing with you. Luckily he has more than nine lives. Sorry my dog wasn't so playful. You should stop feeding him so much, he gets sleepy after every meal.

#3 2014-04-23 17:35:09

pagedMov

Cylence wrote:

pagedMov
Thanks for visiting. My cat had fun playing with you. Luckily he has more than nine lives. Sorry my dog wasn't so playful. You should stop feeding him so much, he gets sleepy after every meal.

I was coming in to scout for my alt, I was rebuilding the entrance on my alt's 2k starter and running drills on how to beat it. I have it kind of figured out.

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

♪ Hello darkness, my old friend ♪

#4 2014-04-23 18:12:43

Cylence

pagedMov wrote:
Cylence wrote:

pagedMov

I was coming in to scout for my alt, I was rebuilding the entrance on my alt's 2k starter and running drills on how to beat it. I have it kind of figured out.

Ah. Well, there's another puzzle waiting for you after the entrance. I look forward to your visits.

#5 2014-04-25 01:04:31

Cylence

Sadly, the Jensen Gallery's first contributor, Ryan Eric Okeefe (crazyace) has recently passed away. His lawyers have informed me that having no spouse or kids to leave his legacy to, he has chosen to donate a considerable sum to our foundation in his passing.

Many people considered Okeefe to be a little crazy, but he loved our town as much as anybody. In memory of him and his incredible "Church of Multiple Choice Leap of Faiths," I will be naming this section of the Jensen Gallery after him. I present you the "Okeefe Leap":
OJmgfXT.jpg
You can visit this section of the gallery by heading west after the entrance. I believe it holds the true essence of Okeefe's home in that you never know where your choice may lead you.

#6 2014-04-25 01:16:19

Nakula

i can honestly say i dont think ill never have enough money and creative brainpower at one time to make a house like that

#7 2014-04-25 01:41:29

Cylence

Nakula wrote:

i can honestly say i dont think ill never have enough money and creative brainpower at one time to make a house like that

Neither did I.

I planned the full design as well as the buildup while I was scouting out all the top houses. After the big heist, the seed money only provided enough to build a little less than 1/4 of the house. I saved $4k to keep an attractive listing. For awhile my house was mostly wood smile.

iceman came poking and I had to spend my first donations on redesigning the front to make it scarier. Luckily the top houses fought among each other and left my incomplete house alone.

As people visited slowly, I upgraded one section at a time, paying for traps first, then the walls and electronics. Then upgrading the wood. Finally opening up the section and moving the vault when it was ready. I usually start upgrades when my value hits about $10k, which gives me $6k for upgrades.

A little planning goes a long way Nakula, I'm sure you can do it. And have you been visiting the gallery? How far have you gotten?

#8 2014-04-27 10:43:13

Cylence

Grats to whoever this is. You've studied a set of buttons no one has gotten to yet. smile
HcxBn5p.jpg

#9 2014-04-29 08:58:37

Pumaroma

Well i think i made it pretty far here Cylence. I must say the design here is nice. It cost me quite a bit to safely explore and still leaves me guessing which way to go

#10 2014-04-29 11:21:45

Cylence

Pumaroma wrote:

Well i think i made it pretty far here Cylence. I must say the design here is nice. It cost me quite a bit to safely explore and still leaves me guessing which way to go

Hi Pumarona,
Thanks for stopping by the Jensen Gallery. While you have left no donation, we still appreciate your presence. We assume you are the gentleman, Thomas David Gonzalez, owner of the "Knowledge of Good and Evil" by Richard Lemarchand, who came back for a second visit intending to see plenty of exhibitions.

If you examine the path carefully you'll notice that only certain exhibitions were purposely closed that day. Please come back again, and you'll notice that certain sections of the gallery will open and close depending on the visits of such deep thinkers as yourself. We look forward to welcoming you back smile

#11 2014-04-29 11:52:54

Pumaroma

Yes I am indeed Thomas David Gonzalez. I will be coming back to view other exhibits, after my next payday. The admission fee to the Jensen Gallery is a bit over priced.

#12 2014-04-29 12:22:23

Cylence

Pumaroma wrote:

Yes I am indeed Thomas David Gonzalez. I will be coming back to view other exhibits, after my next payday. The admission fee to the Jensen Gallery is a bit over priced.

smile
Yes, expensive, but overpriced? Where else can you feast your eyes upon the Dermatillomanian and Geovisage sets?

I have noticed your art has found it's way back to the market. Have you made a bounty donation elsewhere?

#13 2014-04-29 14:00:42

Pumaroma

Yes i unfortunately did. I was doing a toolless scout run before going back to gear up. My finger slipped, double tapped through a commit door and died. The residence of Thomas David Gonzalez may be gone, but his spirit lives on!

#14 2014-04-30 20:30:28

Cylence

Congratulations to David James Hess. He has contributed the 100th donation since the completion of the Jensen Gallery. Even though this doesn't encompass all the donations that were contributed during construction, it is still an awesome milestone.

To celebrate, we will be moving forward with some new renovations that already have been planned.
Please stay tuned and expect changes soon.

And once again, thank you all for visiting.

eYncH5Q.jpg

#15 2014-04-30 21:06:42

iceman
Website

Cylence wrote:

To celebrate, we will be moving forward with some new renovations that already have been planned.

I'd like to submit a complaint about the potential renovations.  Your last "renovations" resulted in a much less appealing entryway.  So unappealing, in fact, that I stopped visiting the gallery until recently.  I'm afraid that your new renovations will result in a similar drop in quality- I was just learning how to get around, and would be seriously disappointed if I had to relearn the paths to such interesting exhibits such as "The Dog, The Cat, and the Apparent Binary Choice" in the central northern section of the Gallery.

Thank you for your consideration,
Iceman

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#16 2014-04-30 22:47:46

Cylence

iceman wrote:
Cylence wrote:

I'd like to submit a complaint about the potential renovations.  Your last "renovations" resulted in a much less appealing entryway.  So unappealing, in fact, that I stopped visiting the gallery until recently.  I'm afraid that your new renovations will result in a similar drop in quality- I was just learning how to get around, and would be seriously disappointed if I had to relearn the paths to such interesting exhibits such as "The Dog, The Cat, and the Apparent Binary Choice" in the central northern section of the Gallery.

Thank you for your consideration,
Iceman

The entrance change you are referring to was very early in construction and was initiated due to some vandalism by Kieth Anthony Weaver. The beautiful wood-grain framed "Dog through the Looking Glass" had to be removed. Here is was the earlier exhibition:
HdtUkHc.jpg

That entrance was renovated into the exhibit you are now very familiar with. This one is titled: "Fee (line) required, Kay (nine) optional."
BTUOZD7.jpg

The next section that you have visited is more than a binary choice. It's titled "3 Pits to Cat-i-cide"

The planned renovations are very minor, however I will hold off on the entrance change. I figure it was getting stale and out of fashion, but we'll leave it up for a little bit longer.

#17 2014-05-01 12:39:00

Cylence

Congrats to David Michael Scott (MMaster). He was able to bruteforce the place before I could make the renovations today. I still have a nice chunk of change (thanks wifey for holding onto $26k), and will be fixing up the place. I'm debating whether I'm gonna open up the map and letting you guys solve it. Maybe I'll just post progress from those hitting up the place with no-tools. Not sure yet.

#18 2014-05-01 17:36:20

Cylence

The planned renovations have taken place although the entrance is still the same.

I'll be doing something different this time. I won't be editing the place or moving the vault until it gets broken again. In addition, I'll post a picture here periodically.

For every 10 deaths, I'll post a 5x5 tiles section of the house. Either a picture or castle draft link (or both).
These pictures will be obscured in a way that shows a path you can walk (not necessarily the correct one), but will not reveal buttons configurations. The buttons may be revealed at a later time.

Please reply if you would like me to do this. If you want this to begin, I'll start by posting the entrance and it's solution, so you guys who haven't gotten past it, can see the next sections of the house.

I'm awaiting your response.

Edited: wording

Last edited by Cylence (2014-05-01 17:38:25)

#19 2014-05-01 18:01:20

Lord0fHam

I'd like to see this. I've wasted many a life in your house and have yet to get past the entrance. It will be cool to see how and have a chance.

It's a trap!

#20 2014-05-01 18:17:26

Cylence

Lord0fHam wrote:

I'd like to see this. I've wasted many a life in your house and have yet to get past the entrance. It will be cool to see how and have a chance.

Here's the beginning. More people have figured it out by now, but for those of you who haven't:
WPymdRt.jpg

The solution here only requires the cat. You manipulate the cat by opening the wooden door from the right side, and running around so the cat doesn't go running off to the dog. Then you turn on the trap door for it (it turns it off when it runs away from you).

At this point you can step down onto the power source. Or step left. If you go left the dog will show up, if you go down, the dog wont. In either case, you just head for the trapdoor and it will be powered. You'll have to knowingly walk onto the electrified grate, trusting the cat to turn it off.

After that, when you cross the button, make sure you turn it to the on position then make another leap south. The cat will move up as you move down, thus powering the trapdoor.

Welcome to the rest of the house. I'll be back to add another 5x5 tile picture after the amount of deaths have been gathered.

Edit: Solution from the welcome mat -
R, U12, R, U, L, R, U, L, D2, R2, D, U, R4, D, U, D2

Last edited by Cylence (2014-05-01 18:23:46)

#21 2014-05-01 18:31:17

tigerbalm immunity

Cylence wrote:

Edit: Solution from the welcome mat -
R, U12, R, U, L, R, U, L, D2, R2, D, U, R4, D, U, D2

much appreciated. smile i will give it a go after i inevitably die in self test

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

#22 2014-05-01 18:35:18

Lord0fHam

i'll check it out later after i die (or get robbed). I've got an alt, but both my accounts are on the top page!

It's a trap!

#23 2014-05-01 18:53:13

iceman
Website

I'll poke in again- I want to see how much you had changed.  I had just figured out (I think) how to explore more of your house, and I have a feeling the enitre area I deemed a red herring might not be one anymore sad

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#24 2014-05-02 01:43:56

MMaster

Cylence wrote:

Congrats to David Michael Scott (MMaster). He was able to bruteforce the place before I could make the renovations today. I still have a nice chunk of change (thanks wifey for holding onto $26k), and will be fixing up the place. I'm debating whether I'm gonna open up the map and letting you guys solve it. Maybe I'll just post progress from those hitting up the place with no-tools. Not sure yet.

Thanks! It was fun. I found the vault just as the sirens came so I tried to use as many tools as possible in 60 seconds (I've entered the vault 5 seconds before cops came) smile It was definitely confusing house and from what I have mapped I would not be able to solve it without tools yet (creepy dogs all around the place). Thanks for the money and tools - I threw those away when I came to Mitchell's place and accidentally left without using single tool sad

#25 2014-05-02 01:58:09

Cylence

iceman wrote:

I'll poke in again- I want to see how much you had changed.  I had just figured out (I think) how to explore more of your house, and I have a feeling the enitre area I deemed a red herring might not be one anymore sad

Well, just so you don't feel too bad, most of the paths you see are passable. But some were closed off. There are red herrings everywhere, it all depends on the vault location.

The improvements I wanted to make were brute force issues, which MMaster was able to use to get to the vault. I knew the problem was there but didn't want to update. He got in there just before I was about to update!

The 100 kill thing was a milestone, but the real reason, I wanted the change was from Pumarona getting deep enough (with some high budget visits) to warrant a change. Not necessarilly the pathing, but just the amount of tools needed if you don't figure stuff out.

Board footer