The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-31 19:15:42

mala

possible exploit?

a good way to prevent bruteforce (at least for a while) is to keep a close look at your surveillance tapes and be on alert if someone seems have knowledge of your starting areas.

If is that the case you are probably being targeted by a "serial suicide robbers".

Than you change something to catch him out of guard and vanish his efforts, BUT....

If he waits for the sirens in his later runs, whenever he gets trapped, you just have a sort of "disconnect" video with him hanging on the doormat, thus having no clue about how far he went and what he discovered about the house.

With high level houses and 2 accounts you can try to make your way inside without giving any info to the owner.

Last edited by mala (2014-03-31 19:15:52)

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#2 2014-04-01 10:28:02

DaVinci243

Re: possible exploit?

You are just abusing the dual accounting problem.

noob programmer haking on open-source game.

#3 2014-04-01 11:01:48

mala

DaVinci243 wrote:

You are just abusing the dual accounting problem.

actually it can be done right after a fresh start.
after a couple of days you'll start getting deeper inside the houses, than you can exploit the lack of footage to hide your progress.

Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#4 2014-04-01 11:25:12

DaVinci243

I don't see the point. By a small edit to the right line, you can just get the maps & see the entire house.

Small things like dual accounting shouldn't really matter.

#5 2014-04-01 16:53:47

mala

DaVinci243 wrote:

I don't see the point. By a small edit to the right line, you can just get the maps & see the entire house.

i'm not talking about hacking the game, it's just a way to deny info to the owner, and that's what video footage was made for

#6 2014-04-01 18:40:38

xandalis

DaVinci243 wrote:

If you do that, hope you don't get caught for it; if you get caught, you can kiss your login(s) to the official server goodbye.

#7 2014-04-02 08:02:26

DaVinci243

xandalis wrote:

If you do that, hope you don't get caught for it

What I'm saying is, you really can't block both and dual-accounting is the last thing people would think about in my opinion.
Sure, massive accounts could be used for maybe a bot program. But 2 or 3 accounts are just nothing that requires attention.
Since the game is open-sourced it's pretty much unsolvable w/e community servers that does not release source. ( Would make it harder for clients. )
So I'd say Fortress Theory is the way to go IF iceman wants to fix those issues & builds up an anti-cheat.

#8 2014-04-02 08:25:22

MMaster

DaVinci243 wrote:

Since the game is open-sourced it's pretty much unsolvable w/e community servers that does not release source. ( Would make it harder for clients. )
So I'd say Fortress Theory is the way to go IF iceman wants to fix those issues & builds up an anti-cheat.

Lol. That is absolute bullshit :-) What iceman did was just easy way to prevent noob programmers like you to cheat. It is possible to make castle doctrine where NO client modification would allow you to modify your move list without being detected by server. The game actually already has mechanisms that can be used to do that.

#9 2014-04-02 10:43:40

DaVinci243

MMaster wrote:

Lol. That is absolute bullshit :-) What iceman did was just easy way to prevent noob programmers like you to cheat. It is possible to make castle doctrine where NO client modification would allow you to modify your move list without being detected by server. The game actually already has mechanisms that can be used to do that.

Explain more on your knowledge.

How would server detect it?

since the game was built to keep the pressure of high numbered players, what you said would lag the fuck out of it. :-) and I doubt if you can't still cheat on iceman's server. Map is held in game's memory after all.

Board footer