The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-21 13:03:53

pagedMov

Is this what it feels like to be on the top page?

So, yeah. After robbing Luke Travis Brown, I'm suddenly on the front page!
This came as a huge surprise to me and a great milestone in my TCD career. After this comes the trial of robbing a top house...

Last edited by pagedMov (2014-04-21 13:04:10)

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

♪ Hello darkness, my old friend ♪

#2 2014-04-21 13:35:21

BoxDrunken

Re: Is this what it feels like to be on the top page?

sadly it doesn't take much now a days to get there, I currently have a house that's been robbed a number of times i believe and a you tube video of my house up and still im on the front page. SO yea i still check the game 20 times a day but the hay day of the Doc is over. Maybe Jason will do a discounted weekend sale to get a thrive of new blood but i think i read hes 100% against that sort of thing.

#3 2014-04-21 13:49:48

pagedMov

Hopefully he does a sale. I mean, he's not gonna, but it would be nice to have actual new players. To be honest, at this point I wouldn't feel cheated over a sale, in fact I would be very happy to see one because that means 1. More money for Jason to work on this game and others and 2. More players playing the game. It's literally a win-win. Nobody's going to hold a grudge over a sale.

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

♪ Hello darkness, my old friend ♪

#4 2014-04-21 14:20:32

Cylence

pagedMov - Gratz on getting your house value to be on the first page. However, there's plenty more to accomplish. In order for your house to be truly tested, you must have something of value in it besides what the rest of the top pages have (mainly house listing value). If you had a set of paintings or a HUGE value in house listing to separate you from the pack (like $80k+), you'll see more serious attempts to break your castle. Even if you aren't on the top page, if you've got paintings people want, they will make attempts to get it.

Edit. Just stopped by with Jensen. Seems like you did grab a bunch of paintings during your robbery. Plus you nabbed a bunch of cash from Geyer. Try to see how long you can last up there. I'm sure Blip will have his eyes on you soon enough with the number of paintings you've got. I still need to run upgrades on the Jensen house, so I'll be stepping down from the front page probably. You should find me at $4k again unless I finish everything on this build. smile

BoxDrunken - Sales aren't the only thing that can attract new players. Please read and try contributing some idea or help with the ones listed http://thecastledoctrine.net/forums/vie … hp?id=2845

Last edited by Cylence (2014-04-21 16:41:04)

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

Board footer