The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-04 11:14:47

Degen

Is this game still being developed?

Just curious.

There are a ton of features I'd like to see added.

#2 2014-05-04 11:16:01

Blip

Re: Is this game still being developed?

Not really. Server settings might be changes to fix balance issues (like how bounty was lowered), and bugs will be fixed, but there won't be major features added, as Jason's already hard at work on his next game.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#3 2014-05-04 11:18:31

Degen

That's a bummer, but understandable. A guy's gotta make a living.

#4 2014-05-04 12:12:08

iceman
Website

Shameless plug here, but you could check out the Fortress Theory mod.  Right now it has 5 new tools and 7 new house objects, a brand new set of paintings, and I'm hoping to have a way to save and load maps quickly in the next version.  If you have any features you want to see, feel free to suggest them in that thread, and I'll think about adding them!

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#5 2014-05-05 08:22:57

MMaster

iceman wrote:

Shameless plug here, but you could check out the Fortress Theory mod.  Right now it has 5 new tools and 7 new house objects, a brand new set of paintings, and I'm hoping to have a way to save and load maps quickly in the next version.  If you have any features you want to see, feel free to suggest them in that thread, and I'll think about adding them!

Did you have any luck improving house loading code?

Also would you be so kind and share your save/load code with me when you have it ready so I can use it on community server? I'm planning to have custom client for free server that can be downloaded so people don't need original game to play. Saving/loading houses seems to be good feature for everyone (even more now as you can build all house assets for free).

It's ok if you don't. I'm just asking so we don't implement the same thing and it would save me some time.

#6 2014-05-05 10:42:45

iceman
Website

Yeah, I was planning on sorting out all of the issues and sharing it with you for the community server.  I've just been waiting for school to finish- this week is finals week, so I don't really have time to do anything.  After this week, though, I should be able to get it working fairly quickly.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

Board footer