The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-26 12:53:10

Pohaku
Member
Registered: 2014-04-11
Posts: 79

Goddammit... wife trap!

So I just fired Mr Porter straight onto the front page by dying to his wife trap while scouting with meats.

Can't believe it, I didn't even see her in the first place, and there she was waiting for me behind the door... bollocks!

So Bancroft is dead, the Beebe's are back in the auction AGAIN, and Porter's sitting on $18 with a house that probably isn't strong enough to take it... though I might be wrong about that.

Offline

#2 2014-05-26 13:18:05

cullman
Member
Registered: 2014-03-21
Posts: 424

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

Pohaku wrote:

So I just fired Mr Porter straight onto the front page by dying to his wife trap while scouting with meats.

Can't believe it, I didn't even see her in the first place, and there she was waiting for me behind the door... bollocks!

So Bancroft is dead, the Beebe's are back in the auction AGAIN, and Porter's sitting on $18 with a house that probably isn't strong enough to take it... though I might be wrong about that.

I went to check it out, and died the same way.  I don't know how I missed her.

Offline

#3 2014-05-26 15:01:09

Pumaroma
Member
Registered: 2014-04-17
Posts: 110

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

so i haven't really been paying attention to the hood over the weekend, just checking my tapes and such.

What happened to the list? 4 people above 50 k then the rest under 20

Offline

#4 2014-05-26 15:10:42

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

ty both, got great art with that money big_smile

13.5k for: 5 meats, 2 bricks, 1 gun

Last edited by mala (2014-05-26 15:12:39)


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

#5 2014-05-26 15:34:54

Blip
Member
Registered: 2013-05-07
Posts: 505

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

Pumaroma wrote:

so i haven't really been paying attention to the hood over the weekend, just checking my tapes and such.

What happened to the list? 4 people above 50 k then the rest under 20

I sorta robbed nearly everybody in that 20-50K interval, and some of the people above that. The four left there either thwarted my robberies or just got lucky. tongue
Also, I think that there have been more deaths lately; I've been noticing rich houses disappear and their paintings ending up at auction more than usual.


Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

Offline

#6 2014-05-26 17:17:11

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

Blip wrote:
Pumaroma wrote:

so i haven't really been paying attention to the hood over the weekend, just checking my tapes and such.

What happened to the list? 4 people above 50 k then the rest under 20

I sorta robbed nearly everybody in that 20-50K interval, and some of the people above that. The four left there either thwarted my robberies or just got lucky. tongue
Also, I think that there have been more deaths lately; I've been noticing rich houses disappear and their paintings ending up at auction more than usual.

have you been at the park Blip? haven't had serious try tonight, just a couple of random visitors.


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

#7 2014-05-26 17:48:42

Blip
Member
Registered: 2013-05-07
Posts: 505

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

mala wrote:

have you been at the park Blip? haven't had serious try tonight, just a couple of random visitors.

I stopped by, and tried some of the attractions. My personal favorite was the "get $45k" part of the park.


Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

Offline

#8 2014-05-26 17:50:42

AMWhy
Member
Registered: 2014-02-04
Posts: 432

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

Who was it who died to my wife trap leaving a 13.5k bounty?  It didn't last long: Mr Luna came and took it before I knew I had it.  Was that you, Pohaku? (House with a maze of windows)

Last edited by AMWhy (2014-05-26 17:52:38)

Offline

#9 2014-05-27 00:11:10

Pohaku
Member
Registered: 2014-04-11
Posts: 79

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

Yeah, that was me.

I was just probing, came in with a couple of meats to try and get a look around, realised I needed a meat for the uppermost dog in order to look around the corner. Came in, drugged it, then opened the door instead of taking one step to look over the drugged dog instead. Wasn't thinking straight - though I still don't recall seeing the wife flee in the first place!

Bit annoyed with myself, had a decent house going on! Back to square one...

Offline

#10 2014-05-27 01:58:16

AMWhy
Member
Registered: 2014-02-04
Posts: 432

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

I got a lot of people with the wife there.  The fancy red and green flooring distracted them!
The house is strong enough for 18k: but the wife wasn't.  Luna got to her before I logged in with your bounty.

So my name is Mr Porter...

Last edited by AMWhy (2014-05-27 02:01:28)

Offline

#11 2014-05-28 11:34:42

Pumaroma
Member
Registered: 2014-04-17
Posts: 110

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

so pohaku have you been coming into my home?

Offline

#12 2014-05-28 14:19:57

Pohaku
Member
Registered: 2014-04-11
Posts: 79

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

What's your name again Puma?

I'm up and running again...

Offline

#13 2014-05-28 19:12:16

Pumaroma
Member
Registered: 2014-04-17
Posts: 110

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

I actually dont remember my name. Since the activity has been like nothing I haven't even logged into my alt account since last friday.

My value is 19490 and 33 deaths. tons of visitors. Just had a guy come in with a 2k set (no prior visits) walk around and leave. then come back in with no tools another 15 times and play with my entrance trap

Offline

#14 2014-05-28 23:35:34

Pohaku
Member
Registered: 2014-04-11
Posts: 79

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

Ah yeah, you are Wilburn Gabriel Burns.  Lotta burns there!

I've solved your entrance trap but it's also a commit-gate with a $2,000 escape price, so I have only gone past it with my alt,a week or so ago.

Offline

#15 2014-05-29 04:35:36

Pumaroma
Member
Registered: 2014-04-17
Posts: 110

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

are you sure? i did a redesign about a week ago?

Offline

#16 2014-05-29 10:10:03

Pohaku
Member
Registered: 2014-04-11
Posts: 79

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

I think so?  Travel South to the very bottom, cat behind a door, you gotta send it ahead of you through the hot corridors?

Offline

#17 2014-05-29 11:18:39

Blip
Member
Registered: 2013-05-07
Posts: 505

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

Pumaroma wrote:

are you sure? i did a redesign about a week ago?

If you just got robbed and had your wife killed, you're Burns. tongue


Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

Offline

#18 2014-05-29 11:52:46

Pumaroma
Member
Registered: 2014-04-17
Posts: 110

Re: Goddammit... wife trap!

thats messed up blip

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB 1.5.8