The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-15 08:11:44

Osmium_Planet

How are you lot so good?

Hi guys, I'm not exactly new to this game, but I have a question.

How are you lot always up the top? Like every time you apparently die trying to rob the top guy or whatever, you always seem to get straight back to the top and try again.

So how are you guys playing?

Can you give me a rundown of how the pros do it? Cause I'm obviously missing something.

#2 2014-09-15 11:07:56

AMWhy

Re: How are you lot so good?

When robbing:

1. Make a map.  I use a paint program and take screenshots.
2. Always remember: there must be a safe route.
3. Suicide scout using tools to see what lays ahead.
4. Think carefully about how each part could be bypassed.

When building a house:
1 solid puzzle is stronger than lots of dead ends.  If the robber can leave then return, then trial and error quickly shows the solution.  Make that one puzzle strong and use whatever you can afford to stop people from seeing how it works.

#3 2014-09-15 11:36:58

Amatiel

Its hard to start out with a 2k house design (in fact ive never done it)

Start out by doing suicide scout runs on the top ten houses and compile notes and maps on each

Rinse repeat.... i usually rob one by about 5-7 suicide scout runs.

You do need a good knowledge of mechanics and to think each tool use through carefully to conserve them.

Now some houses (huge combo locks that cant be cracked with 5 saws... even one button at a time) arent worth your time... but you will soon find the weaker houses and focus your effort on those. Each time you will go deeper, as you have scouted/solved that part of the house previously, until you reach the vault.

Sometimes you might need to rob one of the broken houses or an unaltered 2k starter house where someone has gone afk, or rob a cheap house, to give you extra funds to for more tools.

Robbing teaches you how to make houses stronger too

Then you can start your new house with a nice 15k+ smile

Be sure to have a design ready tho. And the time to put it together carefully.

That is what i do anyway

Current Name: Darryl Gary Breeden

Died to self test yet again..... FFS..... ill be back

#4 2014-09-15 12:58:18

eppfel
Website

House Invasion 101
House Design 101

I think we all learned the hard way of dying like idiots for too many times. And now it is mainly knowledge and wisdom^^
For example I cracked Bryant 24k on my second run, because I just felt where to go.

#5 2014-09-15 14:45:32

mala

eppfel wrote:

House Invasion 101
House Design 101

I think we all learned the hard way of dying like idiots for too many times. And now it is mainly knowledge and wisdom^^
For example I cracked Bryant 24k on my second run, because I just felt where to go.

that.

success through skill
skill through knowledge
knowledge through frustration

big_smile

at first, it took me 2 week to make an house strong enough to pass the 72h mark

Last edited by mala (2014-09-15 14:52:13)

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#6 2014-09-15 16:44:06

AMWhy

Also, some people use two accounts to cheat.  Not many these days, thankfully.  In fact, only one obvious one: Corey Phillip Smith.  It used to be hard to spot the cheaters but now they stand out a mile.  Smith has been adding 2k+ to his value pretty much every 2 hours.  The only way to do that with such a small player base is through a second account.

Note: Having 2 accounts and using them independently is fine.  For example, Eppfel is an honest 2 account user.  The cheating happens when you use one to boost the other.

#7 2014-09-15 17:12:38

eppfel
Website

AMWhy wrote:

Also, some people use two accounts to cheat.  Not many these days, thankfully.  In fact, only one obvious one: Corey Phillip Smith.  It used to be hard to spot the cheaters but now they stand out a mile.  Smith has been adding 2k+ to his value pretty much every 2 hours.  The only way to do that with such a small player base is through a second account.

Note: Having 2 accounts and using them independently is fine.  For example, Eppfel is an honest 2 account user.  The cheating happens when you use one to boost the other.

Sry, to correct you, but Smith is my second house. Seems my electric floor grills a lot 2 k robbers with tools. Never built one, because I considered them being boring. And the tapes indeed are.
False accusations are somehow as well part of the game.

#8 2014-09-15 21:26:44

Amatiel

yea ive been collecting alot of unaltered starter 2k houses that people are leaving...

So I dare say others are too.

Oh lol misread what eppfel said in the other thread... he does have more than one house....

there is definitely one dual account cheater around.... I havent the slightest clue who it is tho.

Last edited by Amatiel (2014-09-15 21:31:16)

#9 2014-09-16 01:52:17

Amatiel

My new house is coming along nicely but still a ways off from being fully completed.

Mr Barnes has proven very generous once again

Board footer