The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-10 03:40:27

The Syndicate

All hope is lost

All major houses are gone... except one...

Very soon there will be none. No hope is left. Prepare for the end!

#2 2015-01-10 05:49:23

mala

Re: All hope is lost

are you the one who entered my house with enough tools to cover 3 times it's value?

56k of tools to take 18k...

Cd5ChUy.png

funny fact, the house wasn't even complete (actually it's 1/2 house) and you've brought the exact amount of ladders needed to get to the vault.

edit:

i've also found a previous attempt...

FGA46JW.png

glad to know that half of my house cost more than 70k to be forced, it will be fun once the design is complete

Last edited by mala (2015-01-10 06:07:25)

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#3 2015-01-10 07:57:11

eppfel
Website

Can't wait to get home and see that.  I was planning something similar,  because I dislike all those upper houses having code locks. Finally some suspension again...

#4 2015-01-10 10:01:49

JAAM

lol that 2nd one was me just derping around i had no clue as to where i should be going and was on cooldown everywhere else i had gone in a few times so i wanted to scout out what i thought might be possible exits and or dead ends. guess which of those i found...
EDIT
wait no that wasn't me I did have a go with 2 crowbars and some other materials though. i also remember guessing your dance somewhere in there but i'm pretty sure i was just derping again.

Last edited by JAAM (2015-01-10 10:23:59)

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#5 2015-01-10 10:07:04

eppfel
Website

Oh, what irony. Davidson, who cleared out the top houses, has a code lock himself... I've got to bring you down!

Last edited by eppfel (2015-01-10 10:43:56)

#6 2015-01-10 10:09:20

JAAM

i'm not too appreciative of the complete tool spam on houses. while i have only been hit once i think. (unbreakable house that totally deserved it) some of these houses were actually nice puzzles i was enjoying solving. i had almost completed several for under 2K.  The only house i would say ever deserved it was the robles house that was multiple combo locks mixed with several guess the door bullshit. This isn't how we keep new players interested in the game guys.

very few of the houses i saw hit (and left up so perhaps there were many many more...) had any combo lock in them (to my current exploration)

#7 2015-01-10 10:25:19

mala

JAAM wrote:

lol that 2nd one was me just derping around i had no clue as to where i should be going and was on cooldown everywhere else i had gone in a few times so i wanted to scout out what i thought might be possible exits and or dead ends. guess which of those i found...

you were Adrian Leland Taylor i guess, you came in with 2 crowbars and died in a pit. gave me a nice 2100$ bounty + tools smile
shame i didn't had the time to take advantage of that.

both screen shots are of Derek Davidson, the actual chief of the server.

Last edited by mala (2015-01-10 10:26:01)

Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#8 2015-01-10 10:46:40

eppfel
Website

I really like your house, because it is very enforced, but still I can solve it step by step. I just found your save, so Davidosn got to you and it's not yet fully repaired?

#9 2015-01-10 10:49:34

JAAM

oh lol davidsons the guy? im near finished with his house im compiling a list of materials to break the place. despite combo lock.

Last edited by JAAM (2015-01-10 12:16:13)

#10 2015-01-10 13:20:54

AMWhy

So which one of you is Luna? Luna robbed Albrecht (I think that was my name, it's been a while!). Brute forced, unfortunately.  No one besides Eppfel ever got passed the first trap.  Still, it was nice to see a video that wasn't 4-steps: fry or 7/8 steps:doggy suicide. Enjoy your $140k. Finally I can start robbing again without fear of losing it all! Albrechts bounty will be donated to the first intersting house I see.  The house will not be revealed as the entrance, originally created to generate quick cash to attack Smith before he fell, has proved very lethal and hard to solve.  Expect a tougher version as soon as I can raise the funds to build it!

#11 2015-01-10 13:46:51

JAAM

AMWhy wrote:

So which one of you is Luna? Luna robbed Albrecht (I think that was my name, it's been a while!). Brute forced, unfortunately.  No one besides Eppfel ever got passed the first trap.  Still, it was nice to see a video that wasn't 4-steps: fry or 7/8 steps:doggy suicide. Enjoy your $140k. Finally I can start robbing again without fear of losing it all! Albrechts bounty will be donated to the first intersting house I see.  The house will not be revealed as the entrance, originally created to generate quick cash to attack Smith before he fell, has proved very lethal and hard to solve.  Expect a tougher version as soon as I can raise the funds to build it!

i loved that house i wasent sure what was going on my plan was to gather the cash to force my way into the dance and learn enough about it to determine what needed to be done. sad to see it go...

#12 2015-01-10 17:14:47

JAAM

I'm tempted to try and gift you the funds to get on your feet amwhy but I still wish to learn your secrets... Thus the guy that burst in with 5 saws forgetting he needed the drugs. Then letting himself die by dog instead of escape.

#13 2015-01-10 19:54:03

mala

is Davidson gone? can't see him on the list

#14 2015-01-10 23:49:33

AMWhy

The funds were well received, JAAM, along with a few other... Careless explorers.  Albrechts is still vulnerable but vitally still alive!

#15 2015-01-11 00:23:07

JAAM

AMWhy wrote:

The funds were well received, JAAM, along with a few other... Careless explorers.  Albrechts is still vulnerable but vitally still alive!

i noticed you fixed up the place to my dismay i had hoped to scout it out just a bit more. ahh well the place deserved it. now how to pass that dance...

#16 2015-01-11 07:00:28

AMWhy

The house is still far from fixed.  I've been PC-less for a long time now, meaning I'm reliant on my phone: not ideal for whole scale changes.  When I can, I will secure the house properly.

#17 2015-01-12 14:39:37

JAAM

I think I have ammassed a decent bounty and I'm tempted to either give it to amwhy in hopes of him further rebuilding give it to Malay in hopes of him further building or stash in in a solved house for me to collect in 2 hrs. I have a new house idea I want to build but no real clue on where I'm gonna find the cash with most of the nicer houses gone. Resorting to the 2K build is almost impossible now I know what a real house is (not realy but kind of)

#18 2015-01-13 11:52:11

mala

everything seems quiet lately.

#19 2015-01-13 12:31:53

JAAM

mala wrote:

Yeah I went and stated to take down some of the broken houses that were not being fixed it was just starting to bother me that half the list was some broken down place with a wife left over.

Kinda waiting for the funds (in a non combo lock) for a new modular house kinda fun house place each segment kind of a carnivalish game after completion it unlocks the next round of games. I'm still brainstorming what to put in. Got Plinko (using cats thanks for that idea I'm shamelessly coping cylence.) and perhaps some form of petting zoo where you must guide a certain animal through using it to pass multiple leaps of faith.

#20 2015-01-13 17:37:47

mala

JAAM wrote:
mala wrote:

Yeah I went and stated to take down some of the broken houses that were not being fixed it was just starting to bother me that half the list was some broken down place with a wife left over.

Kinda waiting for the funds (in a non combo lock) for a new modular house kinda fun house place each segment kind of a carnivalish game after completion it unlocks the next round of games. I'm still brainstorming what to put in. Got Plinko (using cats thanks for that idea I'm shamelessly coping cylence.) and perhaps some form of petting zoo where you must guide a certain animal through using it to pass multiple leaps of faith.

http://thecastledoctrine.net/forums/vie … hp?id=2947 big_smile

#21 2015-01-13 18:18:29

AMWhy

So Albrechts is officially dead! I finally decided to try improving the house on my phone and it didn't go so well.  The most annoying part is that I couldn't save a map with changes to see what went wrong.  A leap of faith pit that should have closed didn't work, meaning Albrecht fell to his death.  He leaves behind two orphans and some 50+ pitbulls.

#22 2015-01-13 18:56:10

JAAM

AMWhy wrote:

So Albrechts is officially dead! I finally decided to try improving the house on my phone and it didn't go so well.  The most annoying part is that I couldn't save a map with changes to see what went wrong.  A leap of faith pit that should have closed didn't work, meaning Albrecht fell to his death.  He leaves behind two orphans and some 50+ pitbulls.

Wow so selfish albrecht left the community nothing, not even a bounty.

Jk sorry your revisions did not go according to plan.

#23 2015-01-13 19:07:11

JAAM

mala wrote:
JAAM wrote:
mala wrote:

http://thecastledoctrine.net/forums/vie … hp?id=2947 big_smile

really... its already been done? are you kidding me? humph perahps i can use some of these ideas in a different fassion.

Last edited by JAAM (2015-01-13 19:07:21)

#24 2015-01-13 19:45:41

mala

JAAM wrote:

really... its already been done? are you kidding me? humph perahps i can use some of these ideas in a different fassion.

my incarnation at the time was Charles Edward Luna... i've based the whole concept around my last name smile

actually it was probably the funniest house i've ever made, plenty of hilarious tapes of peoples trying to figure out a solution that wasn't there big_smile

#25 2015-01-13 21:19:44

JAAM

mala wrote:
JAAM wrote:

my incarnation at the time was Charles Edward Luna... i've based the whole concept around my last name smile

actually it was probably the funniest house i've ever made, plenty of hilarious tapes of peoples trying to figure out a solution that wasn't there big_smile

huh ill have to look into it i kinda laid out a some stuff since there isn't enough money out there to build the whole thing. the place I set up has a few entrances marked with trapdoors and some animals trapped in rooms. I looked at the map and like the fun nature of it but i'm looking at more of a modular complete one section and one door opens approach. rather than the step back and forth until you walk to the exit style. i would love a few concepts for the 2 - 4 games i still need to add to the list however.

Board footer