The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-15 19:33:54

mala

william mark peterson

ok, i was scouting the house of mr Peterson, he has an entrance that looks like it's clock based, i've disarmed it, mapped some house then the weird fact...

...the entrance went back on as i was leaving the house!

no pet saw me
no apparent clock cycle (thus it's obviously clock based)

how the hell it works?

i just took a step on a tile i've disarmed while entering and the next one got powered up...

haven't had the time to do more tests because i've tried an all in move that left me almost pennyless, 19k in a dumb looking house it's enough for me big_smile

gg to the owner, it isn't dumb at all.

any ideas on that? i'm not looking for the solution, the entrance is easily disarmed, i just can't figure out what happened

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#2 2015-01-15 20:54:59

JAAM

Re: william mark peterson

mala wrote:

ok, i was scouting the house of mr Peterson, he has an entrance that looks like it's clock based, i've disarmed it, mapped some house then the weird fact...

...the entrance went back on as i was leaving the house!

no pet saw me
no apparent clock cycle (thus it's obviously clock based)

how the hell it works?

i just took a step on a tile i've disarmed while entering and the next one got powered up...

haven't had the time to do more tests because i've tried an all in move that left me almost pennyless, 19k in a dumb looking house it's enough for me big_smile

gg to the owner, it isn't dumb at all.

any ideas on that? i'm not looking for the solution, the entrance is easily disarmed, i just can't figure out what happened

dunno how it works i just caught on to the pattern easy enough
just solved the house rlier tonight then died very very stupidly in my own house... i actually wish i had timed out of the thing and let someone claim the 19K because that sucked... i think im going to take a break until eppfels new heck house is up id love to keep playing but there isnt enough here to play with. and not enough to try and do anything with. honestly the most interesting place is walace's which has some strange buttons a form of dog maze some guess the door nonsense and i scouted a combo lock lower right (so far all i have for the lock and i was hurried and sloppy so 2,4)

the sawyer place is just a sloppy combo and some guess the door crap.

BUILD BETTER HOUSES!

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#3 2015-01-16 06:55:28

mala

is he gone?

can't see him anymore.

i want to know how does it works, it was really unexpected and caught me out of guard.

Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#4 2015-01-16 09:45:57

JAAM

It remember the way in being something like
RLRRR then just walk in

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#5 2015-01-16 17:50:51

mala

JAAM wrote:

It remember the way in being something like
RLRRR then just walk in

yes, and it seems it could be a clock + memory cell.

but how the hell it can turn back on with no apparent cycle? it lighted up again while i was exiting the house, like it was movement based, something you can achieve with pets, but as i said, no pet saw me.

the only thing i can imagine is that i've disrupted the memory cell, than i didn't noticed the clock cycle until the very last, but it's just a wild guess

Board footer