The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-02 07:20:32

mala

Creativity contest, tic tac toe modular house

hello guys, lately there's lack of creativity on the server.
Keep seeing same houses over and over again, 1billion bits combo lock, 15+ buttons dog dance and the same 4 entrance commit traps.

I want to try to get rid of all this stuff for my next project and i want you to partecipate in something that may bring puzzles back in the game.

The plan is to generate new ideas to work on, small puzzles that we can tweak over time to implement in our designs, showing to newcomers that your money can still be protected without the usual "Fuck you, here's my guessing ballroom" big_smile

use the link to play, choose your box and design a small multiway puzzle that fits in.
Each slot must have multiple solution (one denying the other if possible) giving you access to the adjacent areas, and an hidden vault location. Of course if you need to move a wall, and or the exits, feel free to do it, but try not to modify too much the general layout.

have fun big_smile

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#2 2015-02-02 18:42:01

JAAM

Re: Creativity contest, tic tac toe modular house

OOO fun i like it... i actually have designed several that fit in these spaces...

or rather about 2 of those spaces...

then i lost the links...

and i'd rather not like to see my own designs used against me

Dang ive got nothing for you...

BTW using powered doors as a 1 way wall is a fun concept i'm toying around with for my new house designs similar to the opening dog door this one will let spit people back out into the main hall while, denying them entrance...

Last edited by JAAM (2015-02-02 18:47:45)

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#3 2015-02-04 11:02:08

Passive

I tried something similar before.... people just smashed straight through it big_smile

#4 2015-02-04 11:59:16

mala

Passive wrote:

I tried something similar before.... people just smashed straight through it big_smile

yes, i know it's relatively easy to bruteforce, but i want an house that it's fun to navigate, bunker footage is terribly boring.

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Board footer