The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-10 15:56:30

iceman
Website

Wife Dead - No Tapes

First of all, awesome game - I've been following this for a while, and I finally bought it a couple of days ago, and have been enjoying it since.

When I came back to my house, there someone had robbed me clean and killed my wife, but there was no option to view the security tapes.  Her body was blocking the kid's way out, giving a "You must make a clear path..." warning in the construction, so I assumed that was interfering with the tapes.  When I cleared her body, the button still wasn't there, so I decided to go into the neighborhood view to watch them.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize how much my pit bull had moved, so he ate me during the self test, and I couldn't see if the tapes were available outside of the house.

Is there reason this happened, or is it a bug?

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#2 2013-11-11 06:44:01

joshwithguitar

Re: Wife Dead - No Tapes

The "tapes" button is only accessible in the house if you have not made any alterations after which it is replaced by the "show highlights" button. I don't remember "You must make a clear path..." preventing you from looking at the tapes, but if so, as clearing the path alters the map, it looks like in that position you won't be able to watch the tapes until you complete the self test.

Board footer