The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-27 16:24:54

ThatGuy

Top house has been unlisted for hours

Two hours away from ending the contest I just lost my $200k to a name that is not listed and I had never seen before (as I am familiar with the top 8 names so I could be aware of their scoutings).

This person walked in with around $80k worth of tools and proceeded to destroy my house. Fair game as my house was actually very weak to brute forcing, but my issue with what just happened is another one.

The fact that this person has been unlisted for probably even days (by staying inside his house I would assume) is borderline cheating in light of this competition. Not only is this person immune to attacks, but I was unable to ever scout this person, attempt to steal his safe and most importantly I wasn't aware that there existed someone above me and prepare accordingly.

I read a couple days ago that Jason planned on doing something with people staying locked in their houses and I assumed that had been the case. I could have stayed idle inside my house and I would have $200 in my hand and a rad painting, but I decided to play fair and I was punished for it.

If you are in the top 8 at the moment: Stay in your house as that is clearly the only way.
Have fun to the rest of you !

#2 2014-01-27 16:27:41

jere

Re: Top house has been unlisted for hours

If you are in the top 8 at the moment: Stay in your house as that is clearly the only way.

I think I am, but how the hell am I supposed to know if everyone is turtling??

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#3 2014-01-27 16:29:53

ThatGuy

Not exclusive to the top 8, just that they have the most to lose.
My point was: If you'd like to have the cash in a couple hours just stay locked in. I should have.

#4 2014-01-27 16:59:35

iceman
Website

They didn't have to be turtling - last night, I went from 20k to 80k in 2 robberies, so I could easily imagine someone doing that to rob you.  That might or might not have been the case, but there are other options for what happened.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#5 2014-01-27 17:01:49

largestherb

dumb luck can cause you to rob quite a high number of tools and cash from starting $2000. i got lucky once tonight after having a little poke around someone and stumbling upon a vault unexpectedly!

Board footer