The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-09 12:30:49

LiteS

Super sticky switches?

How is it possible to have a sticky switch activate a trap, and then once power is cut to that sticky switch, the trap is still active?

I'm guessing it has to be possible, since I went to Mr. Peterson's house with some bricks and wire cutters, intentionally activated a sticky switch behind the windows, disabled the dog so it wouldn't push any buttons, then cut power to the sticky switch, but the trap the switch activated remained active.

#2 2014-02-09 12:35:03

iceman
Website

Re: Super sticky switches?

Something like this will do the trick:
http://castledraft.com/editor/WWVOEO

Once you press the switch, the voltage triggered switch on the right closes.  Once it's closed, the power supply on the right supplies power to the trap, and it keeps the switch powered.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#3 2014-02-09 12:35:46

sebastian

Redundant Power supplies. You can have 2 or more Power supplies connecting to the switch.

You can also have the switch be wired to a Voltage switch, that is connected to itselfs output and trigger, and then a Power source on its input. Once the sticky button is set, the voltage switch locks into Place permanently, and only way to defuse it is to short BOTH the Power supply to the sticky switch AND the voltage switch.

#4 2014-02-09 13:52:35

LiteS

iceman wrote:

Something like this will do the trick:
http://castledraft.com/editor/WWVOEO

Once you press the switch, the voltage triggered switch on the right closes.  Once it's closed, the power supply on the right supplies power to the trap, and it keeps the switch powered.

Thanks, I'm guessing his house had something like that.

#5 2014-02-10 00:17:53

Turnout8

It's way more fun to use a toggle switch instead of a sticky switch in that situation. Makes the electric floor look safe, because "hey, I can just toggle the switch back off!" Except, no, you can't! I've racked up so many kills from that simple trick. smile

#6 2014-02-10 00:31:51

sebastian

Turnout8: Yes it can be a great trick. But does not work for the careful people because if you are just careful you will notice the Electric floor does not turn off after releasing the switch.
Its then better to have a loooong Electric floor path and then sticky switch in the end. If the person uses Tools on the self-locking Power source, then it becomes a "normal" commit gate. But if he forgots, it will COSTs tousands of Money in water to disable the whole path.

Board footer