The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-01 18:05:27

Blip

Blood Blossom: The Rise and Untimely Fall of my Best House Yet

I just died, following about 200 others who lost their lives to the same house: my house. I had built this house up for two weeks, and had a net worth of 100k. I briefly reached the front page, and, after spending some of my money to upgrade and grab a painting, I planned on returning. I knew this house could withstand the rigors at the top, and that all I had to do was wait. But I fell into the unavoidable trap of impatience. I kept tinkering with my house, each time having to self test again. Eventually the inevitable happened. Thus, I present to you, Blood Blossom:

CWNskGG.png

R.I.P. Me. Also, does anybody happen to know the name of the late myself?

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#2 2014-03-01 19:47:08

mala

Re: Blood Blossom: The Rise and Untimely Fall of my Best House Yet

maybe it was something ending with williams, he had the top house for a while, but i haven't seen him in the last 2 days.

Last edited by mala (2014-03-01 19:47:22)

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#3 2014-03-01 19:57:46

JoyOfTrapping

Hahahahaha, good post Blip.  Steven Elliot Vinson would be proud.  Nice job with the named theme house, and artistic remembrance.  IMO community benefits from creative Castle Doctrine art and fiction.  Nice job.

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#4 2014-03-01 20:24:30

Blip

Thanks! I'm really bummed that my house fell before a long stint on the front page, but I think that this remembrance was at least fitting a house that killed so many.

#5 2014-03-02 00:36:27

42dustman

Woooow... Nice abattoir house man. When we are building huge homes It seems that sometimes we reach the point where we can't handle the complexities of the very things we are designing, had a moment like that a few days ago, but with a way more humble home.

Self-testing is torture.

#6 2014-03-02 06:20:50

RevealingGekco

Did anyone make it to the disco floor?

#7 2014-03-02 06:57:03

mala

RevealingGekco wrote:

i really doubt, none has ever gone past my first trap, i'm starting to think about this house model from now on:

Anonymous entrance to fool scouts,

1st area unsolvable with the 2k tools,

rest of the house based on preventing bruteforce (nothing but that will tear your house apart), tight space, always chased by animals (both visible and invisible), floor completely covered by pits and electric grids

Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#8 2014-03-02 09:21:53

RevealingGekco

Depends on how high let let his value go, at some point someone will bust through.  Although now that I actually read some of that red text it sounds like no one ever made it that far.

#9 2014-03-02 11:07:01

Blip

42dustman wrote:

Woooow... Nice abattoir house man. When we are building huge homes It seems that sometimes we reach the point where we can't handle the complexities of the very things we are designing, had a moment like that a few days ago, but with a way more humble home.

Yeah, I often have trouble keeping the changes I'm making to my house stored in my head. Once I have a lot to lose from death, I usually take a mapshot before a self test and compare that to my previous mapshot, just to make sure I've only changed what's necessary. Of course, after two weeks, I thought I knew this house like the back of my hand. I clearly didn't.

mala wrote:
RevealingGekco wrote:

i really doubt, none has ever gone past my first trap, i'm starting to think about this house model from now on:

Anonymous entrance to fool scouts,

1st area unsolvable with the 2k tools,

rest of the house based on preventing bruteforce (nothing but that will tear your house apart), tight space, always chased by animals (both visible and invisible), floor completely covered by pits and electric grids

Exactly. Nobody could bruteforce my house without simply destroying everything on their way to the vault. And even if they got there, they had better hope that they have a crowbar as well. Also, nobody made it to the disco floor. The furthest somebody made it was three tiles to the right of the top left corner. They sawed the wired wall, walked up, saw the dog, walked left, and were trapped by two electric floors. They chose to die by stepping forward, placing them at the forefront of robbers in my house.

#10 2014-03-03 12:44:28

Vegeta9001

Blip wrote:

Yeah, I often have trouble keeping the changes I'm making to my house stored in my head. Once I have a lot to lose from death, I usually take a mapshot before a self test and compare that to my previous mapshot, just to make sure I've only changed what's necessary. Of course, after two weeks, I thought I knew this house like the back of my hand. I clearly didn't.

This is the reason why I'll never going to make a super ultimate house than worth over 450k+ of money again.

No matter how amazing and impossible to rob your house may be your house greatest weakness is still yourself...

That's why I'm going to keep making lower tier houses from now on and keep myself at around 5-20k with simple traps so that's why I'll never kill myself again and waste over 1-3 weeks on hard work.

If I kill myself again on such a simple and yet effective traps I better off deleting my steam account, take PC and burn it.

Last edited by Vegeta9001 (2014-03-03 12:49:08)

#11 2014-03-06 05:59:26

Leveller

lol i can't even solve the first 2k house you made even WITH seeing all the electrics.. it's just confusing for me.

#12 2014-03-06 13:49:56

Banakai

Someone was using an exact copy of your starter house and I just died from it.

Wish I had read this earlier.

#13 2014-03-07 01:19:51

thisisalan

Banakai wrote:

I saw the same thing yesterday. I managed to kill the wife by sawing through the wall next to her, but I'd already trapped myself in by that point.

#14 2014-03-07 11:15:42

TheRealCheese

It's funny you've done the 'story and fall of a house of death' subtitle, because to simplify the gametitle, when referencing it to my real world wife I just call it deathhouse.

#15 2014-03-08 09:57:03

Blip

Banakai wrote:

I love it when people use my starter houses that I post. It makes for great free money.

My only worry if I was robbing this specific place would be that the combination could be easily changed, making the solution different than my original one.

#16 2014-03-08 12:43:37

mala

Blip wrote:
Banakai wrote:

I love it when people use my starter houses that I post. It makes for great free money.

My only worry if I was robbing this specific place would be that the combination could be easily changed, making the solution different than my original one.

the greatest part of this game is that you cannot copypaste things into your house, yesterday i found a copycat house from the forum, just opened casteldraft and went to the vault without a single tool big_smile easy peasy 4.5k^^

Board footer