The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-26 02:55:14

JoyOfTrapping

God Rest The Soul Of Steven Elliot Vinson, A Bad Man ($45,100 Bounty)

Only hours ago, on 2/25/2014, neighborhood resident Steven Elliot Vinson met his demise.  After 10 days of suffering from delusions, hallucinations, bouts of extreme paranoia, explosive and unpredictable homicidal rage, impulsive risk-taking behavior, and suicidal thoughts, Vinson finally gave in and turned his own hand against himself in the foyer of a close friend's nearby home.  Investigators have confirmed that Vinson had approximately $45,100 soaked in human and animal blood and viscera on his body at the time of his death.  The money will be put into the newly created Vinson Fund for Antisocial Acts and Senseless Violence, a philanthropic organization which specializes in denying opportunities to abused children, battered women and neglected animals.  Sources have reported that the surviving friend is on the Fund's Board of Trustees named in Vinson's will, which was found in the labyrinthine deathtrap Vinson had built from the ground up and had apparently been using as a shelter.

According to notes collected from Vinson's place of residence, he had spent days constructing a "Theme Torture House" at the behest of a disembodied voice that had begun speaking to him before the start of his horrific, manic slaughtering rampage which lasted all of 10 days:

"It's like I start getting dizzy, and then I just black out.  I see lists of names, and then everything sort of closes down, sort of like a bunch of screens.  And then I see a chair, and a desk, and...  It's like something out of an H.P. Lovecraft story..  As if there are more dimensions to reality than there should be, and the angles are all wrong.. I can't explain it.

I hear a voice, it's a man.  He's telling me how 'cool' it would be to build this house, 'like the last house, because it killed so many goddamned stupid people.'  And then his laugh... his laugh..  'But with something more twisted this time..  like TunnelHell, plus an extra part..  We'll lock all of these people in this innocent looking room it seems like you can get out of.. then we'll make them solve this demented sort of button-contraption, but they won't get the code right.. and even if they did, it won't even open the doors if they didn't solve the puzzle in TunnelHell and release the switch..  Yeah that would be funny.  And then like, they'll try to leave, but the button that locked them in runs on this messed up paradox which breaks reality itself, and not only that, it's connected to like 2 or 3 other power sources that can never be turned off again.  They'll be hitting that toggle switch for ages thinking they're going to wake up from some horrible nightmare, and then they never do.  And it'll have looked so innocent that they'll have left all their tools and stuff outside the room!  Like in the foyer, where all the wooden wall facades are."

Vinson's "Voice" goes on:

"TunnelHell?  Death in TunnelHell?  40, 50 steps.  90 If they're cautious.  This house?  No.  Sealed inside three separate chambers, in between four powered doors.  And no company except for a giant, expansive combination lock.  One wrong move, and they'll be dying of suffocation.  The determined and the desperate will probably go step on that stupid broken toggle after hitting each switch on the combo lock, just to see if it does something different this time..  But we know it won't.  After all that nonsense, this house?  400 steps.  500.  600 steps.  Yeah.  That's how long a death should take in this house.  They'll give it everything they've got, but they'll be dead the moment they hit that button.  In that corridor, they'll be forced to hang themselves.  Yeah, they'll do it right in front of the powered doors.  And by that time, they'll want to.  We'll call it...'

"Halls of Despair."

After days of harassment, Vinson's identity began dissolving, and he started to identify more and more with "The Voice."  "Mary has taken to barricading herself in a corner with the children every night.  The dogs won't let me come near them anymore.  She is sleeping with a shotgun.  I fear I may be starting to go insane," he writes.

Once Vinson succeeded in completing the deathtrap, he placed an LED ticker in the front yard which he programmed to broadcast the sum total of his finances to onlookers.  Next to the sign was a light-up picture of a middle finger, and a more randomized ticker which Vinson reprogrammed several times a day to read "0 0.  ..Could be ok?"

Thus began his 10 day spree of wanton carnage.  Hundreds died in the elaborate mansion of death, and Vinson even began venturing out into the neighborhood and slaughtering, "dancing" on, and devouring whole families as a form of mild entertainment.  "All this success is a great excuse to grief the newer players.  I think I'll go shoot someone's wife for $12 and kill his cat with a brick.  Lel [sic]."  Part way through the week, Vinson's family members were added to the body count as "Collateral Damage."  In a startling passage reflecting a chilling lack of remorse and the complete inability to form lasting and meaningful emotional attachments, Vinson writes, "Ah, damnit.  They finally got 'em.  Haha.  Well, it was interesting to see how long they would last.  Too bad I've got 25 clubs in the safe with that f***er's name on 'em!  Heh heh, sounds like a fine excuse for a good, old fashioned, griefing spree.  Yep!  That'll do it!"  It would seem that Vinson viewed his children as little more than objects to be put at risk for his own amusement.

Vinson writes of a growing sense of ennui after his family is brutally murdered and "wiped away into the digital void," (Vinson's words; investigators are still searching for the bodies with no leads at press time).  As a result, he developed a fetish for so-called "stupid looking animal paintings" to give the house a unique identity, and to subtly taunt would-be robbers who would inevitably die among hundreds of others inside the sealed room.  Over a span of 2 days, Vinson spent over $40,000 in bungled, repeated attempts to acquire "Ass Over Tea Kettle," a painting which hung in the living room of a neighbor's house.  He finally succeeded, noting "Haha, my painting now, bitch," in the next morning's journal entry.  Vinson also absconded with several small, trivial hardware items from the neighbor's garage during the heist.  The value of these items was reported to be negligible.  Further erratic acts of antisocial behavior continued for days, many without provocation and seemingly, entirely without reason.

"He was just a total bastard," one neighbor weighed in.  "I don't know why he did all of that stupid stuff.  A lot of it was just really, really stupid.  Hmm.  Maybe that's why the Town Forum was like, a total bitch-fest that week."

Below is a tape recovered by investigators which details footage of Vinson's home.  The footage was shot by a neighbor who had taken note of one of the "stupid animal paintings" and attempted to acquire it by force.  As can be observed from the perpetrator's commentary, Vinson possessed the keen senses of a predator: his grasp of his opponents' psyches was airtight, his control over the behavior of intruders rivaling that of a B.F. Skinner. 

(THIS TAPE DEPICTS GRAPHIC IMAGES.  VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUKiXSf0 … Fw&t=5m55s

Vinson's deathmaze was eventually conquered, it would seem, by one Christopher James Scott.  After a short casing run, Scott stole approximately $33,000 from Vinson's safe in a record 92 steps.  Vinson added, in a bedside note the evening before his suicide, "$22k investment to saw through a damn combo lock.  Could've been done for like 4k if people would have just paid attention.  It wasn't designed to be hard, it was just designed to break peoples' spirits.  Some hit the button 10 or 20 times, but some didn't even try, not even once.  They just dove right into the pits.  Anyway, what do I care?  Boards say you're dead now too.  Lel.[sic]"

But that was not the end of Vinson's malevolent maze of mayhem.  After the aforementioned recovered footage was leaked to an underground community on the world-wide-web called Youtube, Vinson's house would take the lives of three more people, even while it was effectively a valueless husk of sawdust and wire.

Ultimately, Vinson's themed torture mansion, The Halls of Despair, claimed the lives of 249 people over the span of 10 days, with a 63% kill rate per visit.  According to Vinson's meticulously kept records, 13% of those 249 died to "The Cat From Outer Space," Vinson's term for "A really stupid cat trap I eventually put right at the beginning just to try and wipe out the lowest common denominator.  I did it because I had the space.  It was like a basic view abuse thing.  It's like they say- I guess curiosity kills the, ah well, you get it."

It was in the early hours of the morning when Vinson's associate found his body at the bottom of a pit in his area 900 sq. foot home.  His words?  "Yeah, you did keep good records, because your estimate was almost right on.  It was actually low though... $45,100?  You are a really, really bad man."

STEVEN ELLIOT VINSON
2/15/2014 - 2/25/2014
YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED FOR YOUR GENEROSITY AND KINDNESS

MEMORIAL SERVICES WILL BE HELD TOMORROW EVENING
PLEASE LEAVE YOUR REMEMBRANCES IN THE SPACE BELOW

Last edited by JoyOfTrapping (2014-02-26 03:07:37)

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#2 2014-02-26 02:58:02

Cool_Roxas

Re: God Rest The Soul Of Steven Elliot Vinson, A Bad Man ($45,100 Bounty)

May his soul rest in peace

#3 2014-02-26 09:18:34

ukuko

Surely the tabloids have a lurid 3D map of the torture house?

#4 2014-02-26 09:40:07

BoxDrunken

He will be missed.

#5 2014-02-27 19:14:56

JoyOfTrapping

Investigators have released images of the house- if you know anything about the whereabouts of the people or animals pictured here, please contact your local sheriff's department.

An early build of Vinson's torture maze:

AxFSunP.jpg

The finished hell-house.  Vinson notes that several trapdoors were added arbitrarily at a time when he believed several wealthy individuals were working independently to take him down.  He also voices his disappointment here; apparently adding more "death" to the sealed corridor reduced the span of robberies, and also the likelihood of intruders hanging themselves, something which brought him great joy:

MYGb0d6.jpg

Thanks to all who left messages for our dearly departed, especially to Chris Jeffrey Black, a long-time, albeit respected, nemesis of Mr. Vinson.

Last edited by JoyOfTrapping (2014-02-27 19:15:23)

Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#6 2014-02-27 19:41:38

GotABigTrap

Ass Over Tea Kettle is now mine

#7 2014-02-27 19:43:54

JoyOfTrapping

Did you steal it from this house?

Wait, no you couldn't have, because d00d died.

Last edited by JoyOfTrapping (2014-02-27 19:44:33)

#8 2014-02-27 20:16:25

GotABigTrap

No but I bought it with stolen money smile

#9 2014-03-02 17:54:58

Vegeta9001

Aavak videos on this game are awesome it's the reason why I started playing this game watching his videos made me want to play it too.

Also, the wife in this little plan was extremely badly protected someone with a 2 dogs food and one guns could easily take her down...

To take my wife down you need at least 8 guns and 10 club and my house only worth around 5k...

Last edited by Vegeta9001 (2014-03-02 18:04:16)

#10 2014-03-02 18:40:18

JoyOfTrapping

thanks for letting me know bro.  I did not know that.  I have only logged a couple hundred hours on TCD so far.  Next time I will use more numbers of different things to do certain things.  I will do it at an earlier point in time next time.  Next time I have a certain amount of dollars I will def. use it to buy several more of a thing so that people need more things to take my stuff...

Last edited by JoyOfTrapping (2014-03-02 18:40:35)

#11 2014-03-03 17:56:16

Suedeo

Mister JOT, I am a huge fan of your YT videos and would recommend them for anyone interested in learning the game.

I was shouting at the monitor when you left a wooden wall wired "that one time".

What you are building is dangerous.

#12 2014-03-03 18:30:54

JoyOfTrapping

Haha, hey, thank you!  Maybe I should put up some more "Deathtrap Deconstructed" videos.
What is "that one time" you are referring to?  The bogus electric floor commit in Halls of Despair?

#13 2014-03-03 19:28:37

Suedeo

Episode 17, 13:00

#14 2014-03-03 19:33:36

RevealingGekco

I think you've got the wrong YouTube channel.

... awkward.

edit: just to clarify it sounds like you're talking about Aavak's vids, where as JOT ,who has a link to his channel in his sig, did the Tunnel Hell vids.

Last edited by RevealingGekco (2014-03-03 19:45:26)

#15 2014-03-03 19:46:04

Suedeo

Gah, It's true, I barged on in and complimented the wrong person for the wrong thing, which is super awkward.  sad   

I mistook the esteemed JoyofTrapping for that other fellow who is more prolific and names each pitbull. 

I went back and watched all of JoyofTrapping's videos again.  I had studied "Tunnelhell part 1" previously when trying to learn more about electrics, but didn't note the author. 

I especially enjoyed this music video.

Last edited by Suedeo (2014-03-04 02:54:24)

#16 2014-03-03 19:48:26

iceman
Website

I think the link in the OP is about Aavak dying in JOT's house, not a video of JOT playing.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#17 2014-03-04 16:59:58

JoyOfTrapping

No worries Suedeo you f-ing rock

Board footer