The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-04 08:20:13

monkey

Can someone tell me what this is about?

QLFBf80.jpg

#2 2014-03-04 08:27:39

mala

Re: Can someone tell me what this is about?

hope you have a plan for that money^^

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#3 2014-03-04 08:28:02

StefanLindskog

WHat do you want to know? Why you suddenly are rich?

Current life: Unknown

Rotary toggle switches... Sooooo sexy.

#4 2014-03-04 08:29:55

Vegeta9001

Look like someone with two account with big house/bounty decided to quit the game or to start over and decided to kill his two character in your house...

Or maybe your house is so deadly than even the top tier robber dies in it. wink

Last edited by Vegeta9001 (2014-03-04 08:30:40)

#5 2014-03-04 08:41:07

RevealingGekco

Vegeta9001 wrote:

Look like someone with two account with big house/bounty decided to quit the game or to start over and decided to kill his two character in your house...

So death #1 was a rage quit, and death #2 was grudging acknowledgment?  I like it!

#6 2014-03-04 08:45:51

monkey

The entry is pretty good at getting 1.6 to 6k bounties with a suckerpunch shotgun, but there's no future in a design like that, so no, I don't have a plan for all that money. Someone is just going to shoot her now. Wish this happened a couple of days ago when I had the free time to do a proper house!

#7 2014-03-04 08:51:18

monkey

Yeah death one was a hanging on the doormat, death two I don't know... he came with a wife killer loadout so he *could* have been trying to transfer funds, but I really doubt it.

#8 2014-03-04 10:35:06

Suedeo

Hanging on the doormat means user disconnect - no robber movement file was sent.  No idea about Ramsay the 2nd guy.  Congratulations on your windfall, quite a rush to have the stakes increase out of nowhere like that!

What you are building is dangerous.

#9 2014-03-04 11:35:31

RevealingGekco

Defiantly a disconnect, but it could have been user initiated (alt-f4 or something). 

A couple of my larger bounties w/ 1 step suicide tapes.  No way to prove it, but my theory is it was scout  that died unexpectedly and killed the client out of anger.

#10 2014-03-04 14:51:45

TheRealCheese

Could someone do that to me, I do have the time to build a big house. Please? wink

#11 2014-03-04 17:25:24

monkey

RevealingGekco wrote:

Defiantly a disconnect, but it could have been user initiated (alt-f4 or something). 

A couple of my larger bounties w/ 1 step suicide tapes.  No way to prove it, but my theory is it was scout  that died unexpectedly and killed the client out of anger.

Oh wow, I hope it was that, especially since it was a starter house with only 2 traps in it. big_smile

#12 2014-03-06 02:56:59

monkey

Well, it had to happen eventually. Thomas John Bowen killed my wife for the $3 she was holding. I tried replacing her with a cat, but it just wasn't the same without her greeting folks at the door, with her sunny smile and hair trigger. Nothing to do now she's gone but use this vault full of tools for revenge....

This was my house that got those ridiculous bounties... I'd done a couple of small scale robberies to get going, guess it cost a bit under 5k.

UTLLBE7.jpg

Then everything changed, and I had $100k burning a hole in my pocket and endangering my wife. I call it "The Folly of the Nouveau Riche" poorly planned out with more money than I knew how to spend, I was busy with other things when the windfall came in and had to burn the cash quickly.

FfpvkUR.jpg

The entryway got most of the kills. First thing you see is the wife heading south. If you scouted south first and then tried the door, the wife gets in position behind it, or if you rush through that door and run the gauntlet to the second door, she hasn't opened the door behind it yet, and you get sandwiched between two dogs and a locked door.

The solution was to open that first door exactly on the seventh turn, which gives you a window of opportunity between the wife opening the door and the daughter closing it a turn later, any sooner and it never opens, any later and the wife will beat you to it. Then all you have to do is make sure you are standing in front of the pit 42 turns after you opened the first door (3 loops around the eastern pylon does it, dog's gotta get his exercise!) and take a leap of faith on the one turn when it switches. Simple! big_smile

Or, you know, bring a meat, a dynamite, a saw and a ladder.

What's surprising is that nobody even got the first part. A couple of guys sawed their way in before I tidied the wiring and concreted up the powered doorway, but that was pretty much it. Held up surprisingly well for what it was.

I think future houses will use something similar, seems the odds against a robber fluking the timing of two pet/family sightings are just as slim as combo locks.

#13 2014-03-06 06:56:21

RevealingGekco

Thanks for sharing this, always like hearing a good story.

I'd be careful about using your wife that way if you want to keep her, all it takes is a robber with a brick and a gun.   If you're planning on building a whole house around family magic dances you want to make it very hard to take them out - I'd never let them get within 3 (or more!) squares of the family.

Board footer