The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-17 03:50:25

shlam16

Bitter victory

I made an enemy out of the late Mr William Adam Keene, a former top pager. He had 15 really nice paintings and I decided that they were going to be mine. Over a couple of days I spent about 50k scouting his house. It was a neat design, the vault could be in either of two places. I was back up to about 40k worth of tools, saving/robbing my way upto 50k before I went in for the final housebreaking heist, but before I could manage he decided to come and die in my house. I am sad, the 8k bounty and 30k of tools are pittance compared to the paintings I was soon to have. Now I will have to fight the hoards in the auction house.

Anyone else have any fun enemy stories?

#2 2014-03-17 05:22:37

Amatiel

Re: Bitter victory

lol

I haven't got many stories of rivalry from my current house unfortunately sad

Even when i provoke people by scouting their house extensively, or even robbing them but leaving their wife with 10K... they come into my house for a bit but give up very easily, way before they should really. Although, if they did put more resources into scouting my place, they would soon realise how impossible it is smile

My house cost just under 100K to build. I have quite a few high value robberies under my belt which I filmed and will release at a later date.

Mr Garcia, Mr Villarreal and Mr Walker are all victims of mine.

Current Name: Darryl Gary Breeden

Died to self test yet again..... FFS..... ill be back

#3 2014-03-17 05:40:46

shlam16

Have any nice paintings there? wink

I think it was a kill or be killed thing for Mr Keene. He knew I had seen almost all there is to see of his map. Not only that, but I had recreated it in full on castledraft, square for square. Would it be poor form if I posted it on here now that he is dead? He saw my wealth rising again and knew he had to take me out or else he would soon fall. I wasn't going to be as nice as you either lol; I was going to take the 30k I stole and invest it entirely in guns to shoot my way down his dog/cat/pit corridor.

Basically I am at a point beyond the endgame. I have 37 paintings and nothing to do in the game except for buying and stealing more of them. I'm just going to keep accumulating them until I piss enough people off that my house becomes a target. It has withstood two separate 50k attempts, neither of which even coming close to the vault. The other was the late Mr Shane Ronald Gipson. He escaped with his life and contributed to me bolstering my defenses and making retreat that much more deadly.

#4 2014-03-17 05:59:41

Amatiel

Ah yes.

I know Mr Gipson well also, I entirely scouted his house and discovered that his vault was not at the end of all his puzzles so figured he must've moved it to the top of one of his electric floor halls which turned out to be correct, although i did not return to rob him as he wasnt worth enough, and i didnt like his art lol.

I have a few paintings but none of which i particularly like, they are just 'by-catch'. No serious attempts against my house yet, in fact no one has passed the first obstacle yet, despite my max value being 80k at one point.

How do you accumulate so much money? Even when my house was more inviting and wasnt the imposing fort knox that it is now, designed for the sole purpose of keeping vast wealth secure against brute forcing, I get hardly any visitors after 10K value.

Once someone is dead, id say its fair game to post their house, but that's just me

#5 2014-03-17 06:39:25

shlam16

My house looks very easy, even nooby in the entrance. It is not until they have committed themselves that they see the true nature. I think this is what gets me up over 10k in a matter of hours. After that I have gotten very proficient at turning a profit from the lower middle class. The 3-6k price range. I've found that 1k is usually enough to solve/break those houses when you have a sound knowledge of game mechanics. Plus I keep a close eye on the broken houses. You would be surprised just how often *thousands* of dollars show up in houses that are a simply 6 steps to the vault.

Okay, I agree. Mr Keene, if you are on the forum and would like me to remove this just let me know and I will.

http://castledraft.com/editor/R9z18D

I was going to come in with 18 ladders, 12 explosive, 12 blowtorch, 30 water, 10 meat, 15 brick, 5 wire cutters and 5 crowbars. I was going to head along the main path straight ahead, 9 ladders until I reached the powered door (even though I dug in and knew the solution to the magic dance, I didn't trust the leap of faith, plus he had reset afterwards). I was going to beat down the powered door and have a look behind there. If the vault wasn't there I was going to head back and use explosives through the wall in the middle and take a look where that electric floor was heading. Then wire cutters/explosives/water up the screen until I found the corner. If the vault STILL wasn't there, I knew the only spot it could possibly be was in that scary powered door column. I was going to head back over there and beat it down and take my prize.

#6 2014-03-17 07:54:55

Amatiel

Definitely ok to post such an unimaginative design lol.

Magic dance after magic dance after magic dance

Something like Shane Ronald Gipsons house id be hesitant to post tho

Last edited by Amatiel (2014-03-17 07:55:53)

#7 2014-03-17 11:05:21

gyuri

Amatiel wrote:

Something like Shane Ronald Gipsons house id be hesitant to post tho

That's why I posted it myself.

Good to know you don't like my art, next time I'll tell you my name straight away and you can put me on your ignore list ;-) You were the only one I was ever afraid of.

Shlam, it's only a coincidence that I've chosen your house to scout - I was looking for scoutable houses in the 10k range that time and I did like yours right away. I've been to your updated house already, but I usually don't have the time to go robbing very much, so I don't think I'll return. The part I saw was very nice.

#8 2014-03-17 15:55:29

Lord0fHam

shlam do you know what your name is? i havent seen anyone with that many paintings...

It's a trap!

#9 2014-03-17 15:57:18

TheSquashedOrange

shlam16 wrote:

My house looks very easy, even nooby in the entrance. It is not until they have committed themselves that they see the true nature. I think this is what gets me up over 10k in a matter of hours. After that I have gotten very proficient at turning a profit from the lower middle class. The 3-6k price range. I've found that 1k is usually enough to solve/break those houses when you have a sound knowledge of game mechanics. Plus I keep a close eye on the broken houses. You would be surprised just how often *thousands* of dollars show up in houses that are a simply 6 steps to the vault.

Okay, I agree. Mr Keene, if you are on the forum and would like me to remove this just let me know and I will.

http://castledraft.com/editor/R9z18D

I was going to come in with 18 ladders, 12 explosive, 12 blowtorch, 30 water, 10 meat, 15 brick, 5 wire cutters and 5 crowbars. I was going to head along the main path straight ahead, 9 ladders until I reached the powered door (even though I dug in and knew the solution to the magic dance, I didn't trust the leap of faith, plus he had reset afterwards). I was going to beat down the powered door and have a look behind there. If the vault wasn't there I was going to head back and use explosives through the wall in the middle and take a look where that electric floor was heading. Then wire cutters/explosives/water up the screen until I found the corner. If the vault STILL wasn't there, I knew the only spot it could possibly be was in that scary powered door column. I was going to head back over there and beat it down and take my prize.

Ha ha, it's fine, I'll probably post one of those rate my house threads, although it likely won't earn me a whole lot of fans tongue (wait, I already a have a name, "So You Think You Can Dance?" Brilliant!) I only started playing a little over a month ago and this house lasted for about 2-3 weeks, its easily the longest any of my houses have stayed standing, so forgive the unimaginative design. And yes, your next raid would've succeeded: there was just another powered door/iron wall magic dance like the one in the bottom right after the electric floors, and the vault was in the top right corner, nothing that could stand up to that number of tools. In fact, I'll post the full design here, it might be a while before I make that thread: http://castledraft.com/editor/t7384I. Again, forgive the over reliance on magic dances if you can find in your heart.

EDIT: Ah, I just realized that this is a slightly old version of my house, but it's almost identical to the final product. I just shortened some of the wiring and changed the combinations, but you get the idea: magic dance galore (although I am rather proud of the dance in the top middle with the electric floors, the electricity turns on eventually, and then back off when you take another step, before then turning on again later; its pretty cool.)

Yet Another Edit (sorry, don't want to double post): HAHAHAHAHA, someone just got themselves killed in my starter house with a bounty of $18100, cheers Barry Michael Carroll, you're truly a generous soul (I'll post a video of his death in a bit, I wasn't sure that trick was actually going to kill anyone. Oh well, I'm not complaining).

Last edited by TheSquashedOrange (2014-03-17 16:21:20)

#10 2014-03-17 16:38:33

GotABigTrap

lol surely that was me not paying attention

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2014-03-17 16:40:18)

#11 2014-03-17 17:28:39

TheSquashedOrange

Well, here's a very silly death by someone worth quite a lot of money: Xvm7OWh.gif

It's interesting that trap worked so well, I'll have to use it more when I start out.

#12 2014-03-17 18:07:15

GotABigTrap

haha that hurts to watch my house had like 56k put into it and about 14k in the vault

#13 2014-03-17 22:25:14

mala

GotABigTrap wrote:

haha that hurts to watch my house had like 56k put into it and about 14k in the vault

i know the feeling, i lost my last house (55k) by committing myself like an idiot in a starter house...

but at least i didn't had to watch it looping right under my nose big_smile

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#14 2014-03-18 00:04:53

MazeHunter

I am sooo glad Keene is dead. He robbed my a couple of times and I died trying to update my house. I was sooo upset. Aaaaahhhh Ug!

Board footer