The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-14 15:35:31

gyuri

Chihuahua surfing

As you all know stepping on a chihuahua has some advantages. I love to use these tricks in my houses and I wanted to share some with you and maybe get some new inspiration from you guys.

Y0u1y45.gif
This shows two basic layouts with doors. You can't get through without the chihuahua, unless you put the dogs to sleep, but of course you might use them later. Beginners might wonder why the distance between the robber and the pitbull changes. It's because the pitbull moving first would step on the tile where the chihuahua still stands, so that is impossible and the move is cancelled and the chihuahua can move away. This will work going right or up.

78BWSmu.gif
You can use the same thing for moving closer to a pitbull without getting killed. Here the chihuahua moves first and the pitbull has to wait.

SLJoK5I.gif
A very nice dance around a pitbull. I saw this on a security tape once and I was very impressed by it. You can also go down to the lower right corner, then left and up.

Do you have any other ideas?

#2 2014-03-14 17:47:12

42dustman

Re: Chihuahua surfing

I'm sure the pitbull must look at the chihuahua biting and latching to the leg of the burglar and think to himself: "Wow! This little guy sure has it under control, I better not interfere."

chihuehue big_smile

Anyway, I suppose that the best traps involving chihuahua surfing are the ones where you need them to set up for a leap of faith

Self-testing is torture.

#3 2014-03-15 09:12:31

ZedX

Thats a neat trick

#4 2014-03-17 13:24:51

Suedeo

This is so excellent.  Thanks for posting those GIFs gyuri!

What you are building is dangerous.

#5 2014-03-18 02:54:42

radynom

I love using chihuahua traps!  I exposed my house a while ago that has a trap like this: http://castledraft.com/editor/U6wpNA
Of course, in a real trap, I would hide the chihuahua.  As far as I can tell, you cannot pass through that trap using only dog food.

Also, I have used the change in spacing shown in gyuri's first gif to add a twist to the classic toggle plate - electric floor - powered trapdoor commit gate.

#6 2014-03-18 03:03:04

gyuri

radynom wrote:

I exposed my house a while ago that has a trap like this: http://castledraft.com/editor/U6wpNA

very cool idea, thank you!

#7 2014-03-18 23:03:34

Lord0fHam

I just robbed a guy for 5k with no tools. It took a bunch of luck, but he had used all these chihuahua surfing techniques and I knew how to beat 'em! Thanks!

It's a trap!

#8 2014-03-19 07:57:34

mala

Lord0fHam wrote:

I just robbed a guy for 5k with no tools. It took a bunch of luck, but he had used all these chihuahua surfing techniques and I knew how to beat 'em! Thanks!

THAT big_smile

the greatest things about this game, people will share ideas, learn, improve.

copypaste design... piece of cake big_smile

when my house will fall, i'll make a post about clock traps.
Lots of people seems to have no idea on how to handle it, tune to the ticks, or exploit it's weakness to find the right path.

Actually, lots of people seems to have trouble with math, i've so many tapes in which someone takes 50 steps just to count clock ticks, than dies on the second grid....

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#9 2014-03-24 15:45:06

FreeLove

Just discovered another interesting aspect of chihuahua surfing completely by accident:

Surfed chihuahuas can walk right past dead animals, ie. a crippled cat in a pit. So you could, for example, take a chihuahua past a crippled cat in a pit, and then separate it from you via a panic button to cross a leap of faith.

Incidentally, I'm not sure if this is interesting, but if you have TWO chihuahuas with you, you can move right onto one from the other, and space them out (ie. to take one with you across a leap of faith).

I only post because I care <3

Board footer