The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-19 03:20:16

Cylence

Disconnect Deaths... so sad. =(

This is sad for the robber and the home owner.
No life for the robber and boring tape for the owner.

Deaths where you make a mistake are frustrating but deserved.
I like perma-death, however, I hate that the most unexpected trap is an internet connection.

GWXQxMu.jpg

-----------------------------------------------
Note: I'm making this suggestion with the assumption that moves are captured by the server as close to real time as possible. This would be an ideal solution, but I'm not sure if it's something that can be implemented. Never the less, I'm throwing my thoughts out there, just in case.

Self Test Disconnect

1. Upon disconnection, you enter a purgatory state.
... a. You can enter a purgatory state X per day/week (to prevent exploits, suggest 1/day)
... b. This purgatory state will last X mins/hours (to prevent exploits, suggest 1 hour)

2. You are kicked from the house and the house stays in edit mode. (not up for robbery)

3. When you log back in, you are in the position the server last received in your self test. (i.e. your edited house).
... a. Whether you reach your vault or mat, the changes you made will not be saved and you will return to your house as if you just logged in. Purgatory ends.
... b. If you die, well you die, purgatory ends, and you start fresh.
... c. If you disconnect again, you still can still try to log back in (until d. below)
... d. If you do not reach your vault or welcome mat before purgatory state ends, you die.

Robbery in Progress Disconnect

1. Upon disconnection, you enter a purgatory state.
... same stipulations as above (once per day, 1 hour length).

2. You are kicked from the house and the house goes back on the market, the owner can edit, etc.

3. The owner's security tape shows you in purgatory (maybe a disconnect icon w/ timer countdown).

4. Any leftover tools or possible bounty will not be awarded until purgatory ends.

5. When you log back in, you are in the position the server last received during the robbery (not taking any new changes by the owner).
... a. In purgatory state, even if you reach the vault, you will not steal anything from the house.
... b. If you reach the vault or welcome mat, purgatory ends and you can return home (tool-less but alive).
... c. If you die, purgatory ends.
... d. If you disconnect or run out of purgatory time, same as above.

6. Home owner results.
... a. If the robber exits purgatory alive, the owner's tape will show steps up to the first disconnect. Tools will be gone (as if the robber came in with tools and left.) Hopefully an icon to indicate it being a disconnect.
... b. If the robber dies, the owner's tape will show the same tape with bounty and he will collect the tools unused at the state of the first disconnect. This payout is delayed and should not be reflected until collected.

-----------------------------------------------
p.s. Anybody know what the tape of a death by arrest/sirens/police looks like?

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#2 2014-03-19 10:46:02

MazeHunter

Re: Disconnect Deaths... so sad. =(

Yes... this gives you the ability to return home if you make it back to the mat or vault. I like it. You live in exchange for your tools. Good safety.

Board footer