The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#76 2014-03-23 10:50:55

Lord0fHam

Re: People who keep their values intentionally low

hehe i know how. Also, dat 12 button bit lock though, damn.

It's a trap!

#77 2014-03-23 11:05:02

Fallenone11

They just need to make it so that people who survive longer and have a fraction of there total worth (to avoid inflation) added to the amount stolen from the safe. Perhaps we are grabbing there 10 grand piano and painting we saw along the way to the fault.

#78 2014-03-23 13:12:44

tigerbalm immunity

I know I'm late to the party but howard seems an honorable thief and it is not cool to go outside the game and expose his house, regardless of what you think he's doing inside the game.  In-game exploits are, while not necessarily sportsmanlike or in the spirit of the game, nonetheless tools at a player's disposal while in game.  going outside of the game is effing bullshit. long live howard's brother.

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

#79 2014-03-23 13:30:51

booper

i'm not going to name any names here, but this thread is bordering on immature. the majority of everyone's forum posts have been enjoyable, but something about this thread brought out some bad qualities in people.

1) if you are going to make a post, griping about someone else's behavior, its now fair game to have your own behavior examined.

2) the person who is doing well or in first will be subject to harassment and whining, it's just the way people are. regardless of how spotless one's behavior is. deal with it, but dont escalate.

3) i think it's fine to use the forum for coordination. this allows people who don't have alt accounts to communicate and work together. in the forum, it's even a little bit more legitimized, because the target knows it is coming. (IMO)

4) its known that there's a variation in skill level in this game. referring to other players with belittling names does not make one a better player. but it may make you feel better about yourself at others expense.

5) there's no such thing as honor among thieves. why do people care so much about whats "right" and whats "wrong"? you cant enforce 'honor', nor can you verify someone else's honor, so it is all bravado and braggadacciio, as far as i'm concerned. i'm sure most people in this thread have walked into a defenseless house and clubbed an innocent child. how can honor exist after that?

#80 2014-03-23 17:03:10

Blip

booper wrote:

i'm not going to name any names here, but this thread is bordering on immature. the majority of everyone's forum posts have been enjoyable, but something about this thread brought out some bad qualities in people.

1) if you are going to make a post, griping about someone else's behavior, its now fair game to have your own behavior examined.

2) the person who is doing well or in first will be subject to harassment and whining, it's just the way people are. regardless of how spotless one's behavior is. deal with it, but dont escalate.

3) i think it's fine to use the forum for coordination. this allows people who don't have alt accounts to communicate and work together. in the forum, it's even a little bit more legitimized, because the target knows it is coming. (IMO)

4) its known that there's a variation in skill level in this game. referring to other players with belittling names does not make one a better player. but it may make you feel better about yourself at others expense.

5) there's no such thing as honor among thieves. why do people care so much about whats "right" and whats "wrong"? you cant enforce 'honor', nor can you verify someone else's honor, so it is all bravado and braggadacciio, as far as i'm concerned. i'm sure most people in this thread have walked into a defenseless house and clubbed an innocent child. how can honor exist after that?

This.

Thanks you for expressing my annoyance with this whole thread really well and saving me from ranting.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#81 2014-03-23 17:09:55

Lord0fHam

Not to mention it is infinitely more rewarding to rob someone all by yourself.

Last edited by Lord0fHam (2014-03-23 18:22:37)

It's a trap!

#82 2014-03-23 17:16:04

poor

It is also more rewarding to do it without alt-farming, but that may just be me.

"Safety" is relative
Current life: None; I'm quite dead.

#83 2014-03-23 18:22:21

Lord0fHam

shlam16 wrote:

I don't understand it to be honest. One name in specific is Christopher R. Holmes. He frequently keeps his value below $100, but he has like 15 paintings and a house that is obviously in no danger from 2k robbers. I might scout him and knock off his paintings soon, but I just don't get how it can be fun to hide at the bottom of the list constantly.

I frequently drop to 2k, but only as a result of unsuccessful robberies or art acquisition. But <$100? It wouldn't even get any attention. Hell, I like my starter homes to have $500-1000 let alone a seemingly top tier house. I would have thought it was a broken/abandoned house, but the art remains despite the value of the house rising and falling, which means the vault is intact.

Oh and by the way shlam16, you'll be happy to know Mr. Holmes no longer has those paintings smile I don't know if I shoul release his map or not, I'll wait a while. Also I can show a vid of the final robbery.

Last edited by Lord0fHam (2014-03-23 18:23:49)

It's a trap!

#84 2014-03-23 18:43:35

shlam16

Lord0fHam wrote:
shlam16 wrote:

I don't understand it to be honest. One name in specific is Christopher R. Holmes. He frequently keeps his value below $100, but he has like 15 paintings and a house that is obviously in no danger from 2k robbers. I might scout him and knock off his paintings soon, but I just don't get how it can be fun to hide at the bottom of the list constantly.

I frequently drop to 2k, but only as a result of unsuccessful robberies or art acquisition. But <$100? It wouldn't even get any attention. Hell, I like my starter homes to have $500-1000 let alone a seemingly top tier house. I would have thought it was a broken/abandoned house, but the art remains despite the value of the house rising and falling, which means the vault is intact.

Oh and by the way shlam16, you'll be happy to know Mr. Holmes no longer has those paintings smile I don't know if I shoul release his map or not, I'll wait a while. Also I can show a vid of the final robbery.

Hey congrats man, I do look forward to seeing it at some stage, but I respect your decision to hold off in case he tries to rebuild. I always had the sneaking suspicion that he would be somewhat easy to brute force, by heading over to one of his magic dances and avoiding the main path entirely.

#85 2014-03-23 18:48:17

Lord0fHam

Yep, his vault was not very hard to get to once I had scouted it out a bunch. Unfortunately, it took more than 30k probably because I always took WAY too many tools to be safe, and it took me about 3 trips using 2-3 ladders and 4-5 explosives each to get the last part of the map to the vault. I could actually have gotten there all the way without tools except for the combo lock at the end. If he doesn't show up again by tomorrow (since he seems to be on enough to get rid of his wealth pretty often) then I'll post his map and the (really short) vid of the final robbery.

It's a trap!

#86 2014-03-23 20:06:40

shlam16

Hahaha someone booby trapped Mr Connells house and my brother was careless and died in there, his reaction was priceless! I was always very wary of that when I went in there, opening doors slowly rather than barging into the jaws of a dog. 67 paintings back on the market wink

Last edited by shlam16 (2014-03-23 20:15:14)

#87 2014-03-23 20:23:34

Lord0fHam

FUCK YES smile Also, do you mean the dog thats sitting right upwards of the door you need to go down? It's next to a corpse but will still kill you. If so, that one's been there for a while. Oh and sorry shlam16's brother.

Last edited by Lord0fHam (2014-03-23 20:23:51)

It's a trap!

#88 2014-03-23 20:25:24

Lord0fHam

OH MY GOD! First of all, time to snag that nice 9.1k bounty from connel. also, mr holmes just died in my house with a solid 31k bounty, so I'll post his map and the vid in a sec.

It's a trap!

#89 2014-03-23 20:28:24

Lord0fHam

WELL FUCK ME I DIED TO THE SAME ONE!

It's a trap!

#90 2014-03-23 20:29:21

Mr Holmes

Hi there, fellow neigbours!

First of all my congratulation to Lord0fHam for stealing my art collection wink
I do was very pleased to own the paintings and didn't bother much anymore about my house,which was completed imo. I kept looking for funny tapes but didn't want to get attention as i liked my paintings that much. Thats also the reason I only baby sitted as i had no robbing experience since it was my first house(after a few selftest deaths).

I do feel like I owe you some cash LordofHam so I'll make it up to you wink

Here is my house btw: http://castledraft.com/editor/Ox1qWz

I will probably come back in the future, gonna take a break from TCD for now.
I had fun while it lasted for sure.

See you around!
greetings from Mr Holmes wink

#91 2014-03-23 20:30:49

Lord0fHam

Well mr holmes we are both dead now:(

It's a trap!

#92 2014-03-23 20:31:24

iceman
Website

Oh man, that whole series of posts was HILARIOUS, Ham (although I'm sure you don't feel the same way tongue).  That's just priceless!!!!

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#93 2014-03-23 20:32:22

Mr Holmes

Did you recorded yourself robbing me?

#94 2014-03-23 20:49:10

Lord0fHam

Yeah i've got it, i'll put it up in a sec, its taking forever to resize. I'm about ready to kill myself in real life. smile screw you iceman.

It's a trap!

#95 2014-03-23 20:51:51

iceman
Website

Hey, I'm the one who's been waiting for a perfect chance to get back into CD, and realized that I just threw away all my notes, including what I had on Connell's house.  That's obviously much worse than dying on something you just commented on and losing all of your work, including a several lucky breaks.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#96 2014-03-23 20:52:12

shlam16

Lord0fHam wrote:

That sequence of 4 doors heading over to press the switch, right? Someone left a surprise. I doubt it was intentional, someone just fumbling their way through, but that one puppy has sent 80+ paintings back into circulation.

#97 2014-03-23 20:54:36

shlam16

I am most disappointed for my brother because it is the first time he had completed a house. Of course, after retiring my house I went and left him a 255k bounty, but it's only taken a day for that to go to waste, dumbass lol.

#98 2014-03-23 20:55:49

Lord0fHam

shlam16 wrote:
Lord0fHam wrote:

That sequence of 4 doors heading over to press the switch, right? Someone left a surprise. I doubt it was intentional, someone just fumbling their way through, but that one puppy has sent 80+ paintings back into circulation.

Yep *gets out real gun*

It's a trap!

#99 2014-03-23 21:02:12

Lord0fHam

http://speedy.sh/DF2pQ/awesome.gif

Here is the link to download it. I couldn't get it to work any other way.

*punches self in face*

Last edited by Lord0fHam (2014-03-23 21:02:24)

It's a trap!

#100 2014-03-23 21:08:14

Mr Holmes

Cool to see it in real time wink Sadly you couldn't profit from the cash i gave you sad

awesome.gif

Last edited by Mr Holmes (2014-03-23 21:10:17)

Board footer