The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-25 09:33:47

Immhotep

[Suggestion] Unique animals

Aside from paintings, maybe we could have some unique animals which acts like pit bulls but look differently. You get to buy them from the auction and place them in your house, robbers can steal your unique animals if they carry an animal cage which will cost them some money and an inventory slot, providing if he escapes your house alive of course. If the owner or the animal died it will be return to the auction house. Thoughts?

Death is only the beginning...

#2 2014-03-25 11:38:46

TheNinja

Re: [Suggestion] Unique animals

I'd like to have an elephant right behind my electric floor.

If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.
-Jeffrey R. Murphy
Find me on steam NinjaStylle

#3 2014-03-25 11:48:38

Blip

There's a simple problem with this: people will buy unique animals and hide them behind many layers of concrete and pits, away from their trap and unreachable without tools. Why would they risk their unique $30,000 white tiger when they can use a cheap pit bull instead, and just keep the tiger safe? Then even if their house is robbed, and taken off the list, they keep the animal. And nobody would blast through many, many walls looking for something that might not even be there.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#4 2014-03-25 12:41:41

Immhotep

Blip wrote:

There's a simple problem with this: people will buy unique animals and hide them behind many layers of concrete and pits, away from their trap and unreachable without tools. Why would they risk their unique $30,000 white tiger when they can use a cheap pit bull instead, and just keep the tiger safe? Then even if their house is robbed, and taken off the list, they keep the animal. And nobody would blast through many, many walls looking for something that might not even be there.

Yup, that indeed can be an issue but we can fix it with simple methods as well... Like displaying the rare animal when the robber enters the house or make certain rules for the unique animals.

#5 2014-03-25 12:58:17

MMaster

Even though I like the idea I think Blip is right. Nobody would use that animal as pitbull as it would be too expensive / rare. Everybody would just hide those animals somewhere safe in which case it is basically the same thing as painting, but it cannot be easily found and it takes place in house. Even if you show it at entrance it still cannot be easily reached. There can be certain rules like for family - there has to be clear path from animal to exit or to vault or something like that, but I'm not sure if that would help. Because in that case having an animal in your house would lower your defenses and to be honest I would not pay for something that makes my house more vulnerable.

#6 2014-03-25 22:26:20

HardKor

Instead of being treated like a pitbull they could be treated like a child.  need a clear path to the exit, etc.
Although they will just end up in a room full of pitbulls so maybe still wouldn't work

Last edited by HardKor (2014-03-25 22:27:34)

#7 2014-03-25 22:32:50

Lord0fHam

What if they were unkillable pit bulls, but could still be put to sleep. and as someone said, you could put them to sleep and if you rob successfully you steal it.

It's a trap!

#8 2014-03-26 03:30:47

Immhotep

Lord0fHam wrote:

What if they were unkillable pit bulls, but could still be put to sleep. and as someone said, you could put them to sleep and if you rob successfully you steal it.

That could be good, and instead of simple drug meat, maybe they requires a tranquilizer to put them to sleep since they gonna cost a lot so I think it's fair.

#9 2014-03-26 09:04:17

JoyOfTrapping

Animals we should have in the new animal patch:

-Rampaging wildebeest
-Galapagos tortoise
-Slow loris
-Roosmalens' dwarf marmoset
-River otter
-Miniature corgi
-Desert field mouse
-Tuatara
-Macaroni penguin
-Yellow-bellied marmot
-Spotted owl
-Sea cucumber

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#10 2014-03-26 10:27:34

iceman
Website

I'd buy a sea cucumber in a heartbeat

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#11 2014-03-26 13:03:26

MakinGravy

An animal based mod could be kinda cool.

#12 2014-03-26 15:55:44

Lord0fHam

nothing like getting mauled and eaten like a sea cucumber to really rub salt in the wound

It's a trap!

Board footer