The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-03-26 10:35:06

MMaster

Re: David Michael Scott wants YOU to rob him

Cylence wrote:

Step list provided below (U - up, R - right, L - left, D - down).
1. Start by opening the south door then east door then north door.
R R D D D D R R U

2. Begin the dance to get the top two buttons setup with cats and the dog in position to follow.
D U D U R L D L R U

3. Sight the cat on the right and the space the dog for the first trapdoor. The second one will be on timing.
R R U R L R R R R R

Edit: Just realized you can't scout it for free at all. The sight of the dogs makes two doors into liabilities. Left the text but showed they are incorrect.

Perfect! That is exactly how I went through it, but one time I made a mistake during self test and figured out another way to do it smile I don't remember it exactly but I think you can get first cat to the button in top right and then second cat to the button next to it - that way you get the same result.

And the cat turns on the electric floors 2 times just to confuse robbers wink

#27 2014-03-26 14:13:09

LiteS

Hey now, I didn't use any maps besides the one I made myself. And even if I did, my three or four scouting runs before the robbery revealed more than any of the maps posted here.

The sheer amount of buttons pressed on both dances were just too risky for me to try to solve

As for the second magic dance, I have no idea. From just looking it seems like the final cat runs through the open door  too fast to stop.

#28 2014-03-26 15:03:51

MMaster

LiteS wrote:

Hey now, I didn't use any maps besides the one I made myself.

I didn't say that you did smile

LiteS wrote:

And even if I did, my three or four scouting runs before the robbery revealed more than any of the maps posted here.

You are right - no one has ever gone that far smile

LiteS wrote:

As for the second magic dance, I have no idea. From just looking it seems like the final cat runs through the open door  too fast to stop.

That is the point of the magic dance - you need to take care to not open the doors, not to die on the electric floors and not to fall into pit smile You also cannot cut the electric floor, because it would open the doors.
As I said the only cheap way to do it was what you did.

#29 2014-03-26 16:45:55

Cylence

MMaster wrote:

...I don't remember it exactly but I think you can get first cat to the button in top right and then second cat to the button next to it - that way you get the same result.

Actually, the way you said you accidentally did it, is the same way I did it w/ two cats hanging out on both buttons.

LiteS wrote:

The sheer amount of buttons pressed on both dances were just too risky for me to try to solve.

Yeah I would definitely just bring some saws and dog meat to scout out everything at the start. Because the wooden facade doesn't force me to solve it the normal way. MMaster asked if we could figure it out from the map provided though. So I figure I would include notes on the minimum amount of tools if you wanted to solve it using the buttons.

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

Board footer