The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-31 13:03:03

mpenate0

Login Broken? Can't Play

Side note: I have completely uninstalled the game, and deleted the files even steam didn't remove. I have also committed suicide to see if that would fix my character data. (Goodbye old house, I'll get 15 grand again someday..)

So I come home, launch the game and get the following login screen instead of my old one where the email has a whole bunch of other crap in it (Download Code Edited Out of Photo):
S90i0tb.png
Then I tried to test and leave my house but as soon as I start moving in the self test for my house:
JSmUHpD.png
Then after clicking OK I went to the other houses screen:
2kMO0sN.png
So I clicked return to house and then I get this:
hYvn4Qm.png
Now that might seam normal but on my old profile when this first happened, I went to go look at my tapes and say that I, as in MYSELF, it literally said "You" have robbed and died in my house countless times. I think that my login data is completly corrupt and I dont think I can do anything at all to fix it so I need help from a Dev or something hmm Thanks for any suggestions or other help though.

#2 2014-03-31 13:04:30

Blip

Re: Login Broken? Can't Play

Frosty wrote:

Sounds like your settings files got overwritten. You guys could try to delete the "email.ini" and "downloadCode.ini" (make a backup copy before to be safe!). They should be recreated on the next start with your correct data.

Frosty's method (above) has been working for others with the same problem.

Last edited by Blip (2014-03-31 13:04:56)

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#3 2014-03-31 13:07:33

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yeah, I really screwed up today for Windows Steam users....   sad

I just posted an update that will hopefully fix the problem.

#4 2014-03-31 13:10:47

tigerbalm immunity

whew! that fixed it, thanks, jason!

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

#5 2014-03-31 13:11:59

iceman
Website

Yeah, you get all of those errors when there are 2 games logged into the same account.  It looks like Jason accidentally left his account info in the update, so everyone's logging into his account when they get the update.  The "You" in the tapes is what you see as an admin account, letting you see tapes even of yourself robbing houses.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#6 2014-03-31 13:12:39

mpenate0

Blip wrote:
Frosty wrote:

Sounds like your settings files got overwritten. You guys could try to delete the "email.ini" and "downloadCode.ini" (make a backup copy before to be safe!). They should be recreated on the next start with your correct data.

Frosty's method (above) has been working for others with the same problem.

Thanks a bunch, I probably should've searched the forum from the beginning, but none the less thanks!
(I logged on and say I was robbed, and I cant fix it either because he wrecked some wiring, suicide!)

#7 2014-03-31 13:20:37

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Wow... double ouch that everyone got access to the admin account....

This is a blunder to top all blunders.

But I think it should be fixed for everyone now.

Board footer