The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-03-27 23:21:42

Lord0fHam

Re: Heart Stopping Moments

I had a moment a few days ago where i died self testing a 30k house. it worked fine when i used indicator lights and chihuahuas, but for some reason a pit wasnt closed when i did the real test. i am absolutely 100% positive i did the house right, so i don't know what went wrong and it really sucked. maybe a broke some wiring by accident when placing the real traps?

It's a trap!

#27 2014-03-29 19:28:48

xandalis

Most recent: was upgrading my house, adding in a new layer of codes and various death barriers. Everything's good, wiring's correct, etc, etc, etc... However right before I started the final test with live traps, I forget to close up the cat chutes... Only to discover this AFTER passing the first commit gate.... Thus locking myself between a sealed door, an angry dog, and an LoF trap... The LoF trap's power only would be switched on after sending the correct cats down their path... which of course being improperly sealed off... meant that there was no power for the trapdoor. Oh well... Next round, I'll remember not to do that.

Last edited by xandalis (2014-03-29 19:33:14)

#28 2014-03-29 19:45:27

Blip

Lord0fHam wrote:

I had a moment a few days ago where i died self testing a 30k house. it worked fine when i used indicator lights and chihuahuas, but for some reason a pit wasnt closed when i did the real test. i am absolutely 100% positive i did the house right, so i don't know what went wrong and it really sucked. maybe a broke some wiring by accident when placing the real traps?

I always take a map-shot before I self test, then check it over. Even if I miss something and die, I can go back and scrutinize that map and get some closure as to why I died. It's way more fulfilling.

xandalis wrote:

I forget to close up the cat chutes

Was yours the place with two corridors behind doors containing three cats each, right by the entrance? I never really tried robbing it, but always wondered what exactly the cats did.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#29 2014-03-30 00:59:27

xandalis

Blip wrote:

Was yours the place with two corridors behind doors containing three cats each, right by the entrance? I never really tried robbing it, but always wondered what exactly the cats did.

No, the house in question had a "cat&dead human" skull&bones shrine at the entrance. Couldn't miss it. Kitty combo chutes were along the far right wall.

Last edited by xandalis (2014-03-30 01:05:12)

#30 2014-03-30 09:19:07

xandalis

*froths at mouth* Why did I use a freaking magic-dance trigger?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? *cries over self-test death... again*

#31 2014-04-02 14:09:53

pagedMov

Nsmczmv.jpg

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

♪ Hello darkness, my old friend ♪

#32 2014-04-02 19:09:36

tigerbalm immunity

Blip wrote:

I remember that house but I have not tried to rob it either. I can, however, tell you, with a fairly high degree of certainty, that the cats' only function is to trap you in the corridor as the first one out will toggle the power door closed.  my thinking is that both were red herrings designed to catch the curious and the confused.

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

Board footer