The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-26 05:55:01

Osmium_Planet

Heart Stopping Moments

How about we all talk about that moment when your heart literally stops when you realise you've done something stupid.

And maybe to cheer us up, the situation when we can resolve said moment without dying.

To begin, I had a pretty decent house (Spent about $30k on it) with $6k in the bank, and it was a really nice puzzle based house. (BTW, you know if a house is mine because the first room has a '+' in it made of glass and wood). I had just modified it (so you kept doing mini-challenges that would open gates back into a central area, each challenge gave power to one powered trapdoor to the safe). I just made a really cool new challenge, and then when I started, I accidentally overshot on the first bit where you had to get a pitbull to follow you.

I literally think part of my prefrontal cortex died.

(Also, can we have a DLC or something with decorations? How cool would it be to have mirrors and chairs and fountains and coloured carpet and stuff...it would be amazing big_smile)

#2 2014-03-26 07:02:03

AMWhy

Re: Heart Stopping Moments

My first was adding a commit gate to a trap where you needed the dog following you to survive. My heart skipped a beat upon realisation that I'd just given myself two choices: death by suicide or death by chihuahua.  I chose the chihuahua.  Second, was moving the position of a dog by 1 square on a trap I'd used for a long time. The effect was that when the dog followed me, instead of 4 places behind, it was 5 places behind.  The later dog trap couldn't work and again I was left with the choice of suicide or being doggy dinner.  I fed Fido.
My third and latest heart-stop moment was when I added new pits to my $58k house (castledraft price).  Wanting to know which way a chihuahua would move, I walked into the pit. I spent the next 5 mins staring at the screen in disbelief!

It would be nice to add decor to houses. First, build an amazing place, second, use your *ahem* hard earned cash to show off your wealth.

#3 2014-03-26 08:32:46

mala

My finger just hit the wrong button.... i just lost my 60k house by walking into a dog...

enjoy my bounty mr Basil Robert Hickman...

damn i feel so stupid...

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#4 2014-03-26 11:30:36

poor

I almost pulled a Noonan and died to a starter house with $30 and a powered door. Luckily, half of that $30 was in the vault just around the corner...

"Safety" is relative
Current life: None; I'm quite dead.

#5 2014-03-26 12:01:11

Blip

I was planning a 13k bounty transfer in a poor house. I had everything planned out: I deposited my 13k bounty alt, entered the house with my main, and then... I took a wrong turn. Oops.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#6 2014-03-26 18:14:35

crazyace

Blip wrote:

I was planning a 13k bounty transfer in a poor house. I had everything planned out: I deposited my 13k bounty alt, entered the house with my main, and then... I took a wrong turn. Oops.

yo bro you so stupid you have 2 accounts, brag about it, die in your own house? Definition: Failing at life. And that's why don't you have 8 billion with accounts?

#7 2014-03-26 18:15:46

JoyOfTrapping

crazyace wrote:
Blip wrote:

yo bro you so stupid you have 2 accounts, brag about it, die in your own house? Definition: Failing at life. And that's why don't you have 8 billion with accounts?

Blip is my friend and you shall not harm him

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#8 2014-03-26 18:17:59

crazyace

He harmed himself. you seem defensive

#9 2014-03-26 18:18:36

JoyOfTrapping

You shall not harm Harry Potter!

Edit: *Blip

Last edited by JoyOfTrapping (2014-03-26 18:18:48)

Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#10 2014-03-26 18:20:26

crazyace

You have 2+ accounts in the game and a few on the forum, that does make you ultra cool to someone, somewhere.

#11 2014-03-26 18:23:17

JoyOfTrapping

crazyace wrote:

You have 2+ accounts in the game and a few on the forum, that does make you ultra cool to someone, somewhere.

??

Yeah I know not everyone on the forum likes my samurai straight talk but I am actually something of a purist as far as the game goes.  I have 1 account there, and 1 account here.  Whose pitbull turds are you smoking?

#12 2014-03-26 18:27:54

iceman
Website

JoyOfTrapping wrote:
crazyace wrote:

??

Yeah I know not everyone on the forum likes my samurai straight talk but I am actually something of a purist as far as the game goes.  I have 1 account there, and 1 account here.  Whose pitbull turds are you smoking?

I think he thinks you're an alt of Blip, defending yourself...

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#13 2014-03-26 18:32:12

JoyOfTrapping

iceman wrote:
JoyOfTrapping wrote:
crazyace wrote:

??

INCEPTION....

#14 2014-03-26 18:33:16

JoyOfTrapping

JoyOfTrapping wrote:
iceman wrote:
JoyOfTrapping wrote:

??

INCEPTION....

We need to go deeper...

#15 2014-03-26 18:34:32

iceman
Website

JoyOfTrapping wrote:

INCEPTION....

BLIPCEPTION!!!!

On a side note, one of these days, I want to make a forum and have 20 accounts on it, all of which I regularly post with.  Eventually, I'll get 1 other person in there... and then the fun begins big_smile

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#16 2014-03-26 19:18:44

Blip

crazyace wrote:
Blip wrote:

Congrats on your inability to read! I died in somebody else's house, and it's pretty clear from what I said. And being careless while playing early in the morning before having any coffee is probably not a unique experience.

iceman wrote:

This is actually pretty funny.

But frankly, now I wish I hadn't posted about this in the first place. I mean... yes I have an alt, but it's just an old account from a friend who doesn't play anymore. I didn't even buy the game twice, he loaned his copy to me! And I've mostly just begun doing stuff with it: with all the discussion of dual accounts, I figured I might try it for myself.

Last edited by Blip (2014-03-26 19:18:58)

#17 2014-03-26 19:22:28

xandalis

Back on track...

Well, had a few of those today... There was the bug(I suspect, reported anyway)-related loss of my first 9k house attempt... Then after that I got another lucky heist, not quite as good as the earlier 8k I'd gotten (spent 1k on tools... only wound up needing 300 worth of that). That one ended to a failed self-test involving cross-circuiting a section of electric floors (whoops). I think I spent a good minute staring at the screen... and trying to figure out just wtf caused it. And then there was the most recent: another good haul, finally got a house working as intended. Still kinda in the "disbelief" part... though it has one kill so far. But has been upgraded from loot already.

#18 2014-03-26 19:30:40

xandalis

AND another one... Just died to a wife-intercept trap... I REALLY need to get better at spotting those.

#19 2014-03-26 19:43:37

Blip

Welp, forgot to provide power to my failsafe. I hate the feeling of staring at the screen, knowing you f**ed up real bad, and knowing that there's nothing you can do about it. There's no hail-mary to save you. You screwed yourself over. And it's all your fault.

I'll probably try to rebuild in the morning, because I've been trying to complete this design for a long time.

#20 2014-03-26 19:48:14

crazyace

Vincent Jesse Long Bro. You are feeding your second account like a boss,

#21 2014-03-26 19:58:44

crazyace

if it wasn't for you I wouldn't get a 30k bounty per day, thanks.

#22 2014-03-26 20:09:18

JoyOfTrapping

iceman wrote:
JoyOfTrapping wrote:

INCEPTION....

BLIPCEPTION!!!!

On a side note, one of these days, I want to make a forum and have 20 accounts on it, all of which I regularly post with.  Eventually, I'll get 1 other person in there... and then the fun begins big_smile

LOL Blipception!

To your 2nd point... Holy God.  If you'd rather have 40 accounts than 20, I'm your man.

#23 2014-03-26 21:49:10

crazyace

I do feel bad I gave 30k+ bty to someone who can farm that from their own other account in 10 minutes. 30 min later you're still feeding $0 0 0 every 3 sec for your 2nd account, You will be the best!

Last edited by crazyace (2014-03-26 21:51:37)

#24 2014-03-26 22:36:18

TheRealCheese

xandalis wrote:

AND another one... Just died to a wife-intercept trap... I REALLY need to get better at spotting those.

I die to those ALL the time. I will never learn! Now I built one, since they always get me.

#25 2014-03-27 23:09:10

HardKor

Just had one of those today.  checked my house after work, racked up 10 kills so I upgraded my house adding a dog & pit trap... as I was testing the house I realized I forgot the dog to get me over the pit... Oh well, I die every day it seems, at least I can build my house up quickly.

Board footer