The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-02 19:52:30

Storm

The King of Castle Doctrine:

Who is the King? Whoever he is, if he's not you, he must die.

I think it would be fun for everyone to watch the battle for the throne,
so come and see the best in the neighborhood fight it out to the death.

Post your videos or castledraft schematics in the wake of the page 1 carnage. Any top level fights, especially those involving the King (#1 house on the list). Only post vids/schematics if you have broken the person's house, solved it and taken his safe, or if they take you out then post your house falling.

Please don't crowdsource or post a house before victory is attained against that house.

Bandicam is a good video recorder. It's free, load it up, set some options if you want (set the hotkey on the first page to the button you want to push to start/stop recording, show mouse is a good one to turn on too). After that all you do is click "target" on page one -> click your castle doctrine game window -> push your record hotkey. Then put it on youtube and link it here. It's a pretty easy process once you do it once smile

Anyone can claim the Crown by taking down the current King and remaining #1 house on the list. When fights are so frequent that the #1 spot is shifting quickly from person to person, the mayhem must settle and a clear #1 house must emerge solidly in first place to be the new King.

Legacy of Kings (as far as I can tell) : LiteS -> MMaster -> crazyace ->

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am coming for you Snyder. #1 on the list by a vast margin you are. I met defeat at the hands of JWG, and then he had the audacity to die before round 2. That was a long time ago, and I have learned much and journeyed far. And now it seems he is preoccupied with other matters, much to my ardent disappointment. So I do hope you make as worthy an opponent. Pray your house is as sturdy and impenetrable as you believe it is, LiteS.

I once gave your obituary, only to watch you rise from the grave as zombieLiteS. and now you claim the name of Snyder. From the lowest dirt in a cemetery hole to number one on the server, mmh? impressive. No matter, I am coming for you, and the Hands of Entropy come with me. Watch as your house is pulled apart piece by piece. Your cleverest of traps eviscerated by a cunning scalpel in a shadowed hand. I am Murrell. try not to die before i get to you.

should you emerge victorious against my house, I will post the video. Should I arise alone after the dust settles, the same. But know that the creaking you dismiss in the night as you lay your head down was more than just a settling in the wind. we'll meet soon.

Last edited by Storm (2014-04-08 01:02:43)

#2 2014-04-02 20:20:37

Storm

Re: The King of Castle Doctrine:

well done zombieLiteS, you have risen above

LiteS wrote:

Well friends, it's been stressful, nerve-wracking, and an overall source of anxiety, but I think it's time for me to put down the game. I've done just about everything: owned a painting, robbed an X0,000 house with 2k of tools, been robbed of an X0,000 house with several thousand in tools, tricked a robber into burning several thousand in tools robbing my place only to find no safe behind all my traps, and so on. I've gained many skills, and can even make a ~$1.4k house that can't be bruteforced with 2k of tools, but I've once again died in an attempted robbery.

All I really wanted was to build something nice, and several of you got to see it before I left. I think I accomplished this, and have shared it below.

To those that didn't get to see it, this is a screenshot from my last house. This room of three choices was the centerpiece of my fortress, leaving players surrounded by 4 boats from Conway's Game of Life and a decision they were not prepared to make.

I leave this now so you may replicate this design in my memory.

Last edited by Storm (2014-04-02 20:38:04)

#3 2014-04-02 20:21:40

Storm

OJANm4X.png

Storm wrote:

Goodbye, my old enemies. May the next life find you well.

Last edited by Storm (2014-04-02 20:22:58)

#4 2014-04-02 20:42:45

Blip

I hope you put your vengeful quest against LiteS off a bit so that I can give it a shot. I might not have as many lofty ideas about his downfall as you do, but I very much would like that art he has.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#5 2014-04-02 20:47:24

Storm

of course Blip, don't let me stand in your way. post a vid whatever the outcome for all of our amusement, if you don't mind... (him beating your house, which would therefore be out anyways, or you beating his. no crowdsourcing or showing traps till one of you falls, please)

Last edited by Storm (2014-04-02 21:12:03)

#6 2014-04-02 21:35:49

LiteS

Heh, this ought to be good. I'm getting tired of all these 2k divers filling my foyer with corpses. Hopefully you'll get further.

As they are known to say on the 'net...

Come at me, bro.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--9ia8bZwHd8/U … proved.gif (are 56k warnings still a thing? Either way, this .gif is big so I won't imbed)

#7 2014-04-02 22:36:59

Storm

#8 2014-04-03 04:19:13

MMaster

Btw. those paintings are mine - David Michael Scott (yes I'm still alive! smile ) I rise up from the ashes and I will be stronger than ever now.
So the fight begins! Who will be the new king?

#9 2014-04-03 07:00:53

MMaster

Revenge is mine tongue My paintings are back where they are supposed to be - in my vault wink LiteS that was awesome house build. I was very lucky that I decided to scout that part of the house smile I'm sorry everyone that wanted his paintings. David Michael Scott owns them once again.

#10 2014-04-03 07:09:13

tigerbalm immunity

is david michael scott busy adding 100k or so of traps?

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

#11 2014-04-03 07:10:52

MMaster

tigerbalm immunity wrote:

is david michael scott busy adding 100k or so of traps?

Yes. I'm finishing the last missing parts of my house. The house should be available after a while.

#12 2014-04-03 07:39:48

Blip

I guess I have a new target then! It's too bad that my scouts of Snyder went to waste, though. Btw, was his vault in the top right or bottom center?

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#13 2014-04-03 07:51:55

MMaster

Blip wrote:

I guess I have a new target then! It's too bad that my scouts of Snyder went to waste, though. Btw, was his vault in the top right or bottom center?

Top right with very clever combo lock. I didn't see bottom of the house at all.

LiteS - next time make the combo lock so it isn't possible to check multiple combinations - as you can see I found out the combination thanks to being able to try multiple combinations + pure luck breaking the correct button connection :-)

#14 2014-04-03 08:03:49

tigerbalm immunity

argh you simply had to buy that beetle? you dog. sigh. awwwww! feels like i just died scouting a 1k house sad

Currently dead

#15 2014-04-03 08:08:08

MMaster

argh you simply had to buy that beetle? you dog. sigh. awwwww! feels like i just died scouting a 1k house sad

You should not write on the forums that you want it wink I did it intentionally - it was the only painting from auction that I bought.

Rob me! wink

EDIT: The house is ready.

Last edited by MMaster (2014-04-03 08:08:30)

#16 2014-04-03 08:12:59

mala

MMaster wrote:

Revenge is mine tongue My paintings are back where they are supposed to be - in my vault wink LiteS that was awesome house build. I was very lucky that I decided to scout that part of the house smile I'm sorry everyone that wanted his paintings. David Michael Scott owns them once again.

wow, gg MMaster, nice score big_smile

can we have map and/or video of the robbery?

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#17 2014-04-03 08:17:11

tigerbalm immunity

MMaster wrote:

You should not write on the forums that you want it wink I did it intentionally - it was the only painting from auction that I bought.

Rob me! wink

EDIT: The house is ready.

i know the house is ready: i was your very first scout, tyvm.  I assumed you got it intentionally...which flatters me.  Maybe i will use the 20k i planned to spend on the beetle to finance a little scout of your death house.  But not right now. i need caffeine.

Currently dead

#18 2014-04-03 08:39:20

MMaster

mala wrote:

wow, gg MMaster, nice score big_smile

can we have map and/or video of the robbery?

Thanks! I'm proud of myself that I was able to get back to the first place and get all of my stuff smile
Regarding the map/video of robbery - I will leave that to LiteS if he wants to expose it. My recording is too long and even at high speed it plays like 0.1% per minute. So I think it will be easier for LiteS to show the tape if he wants.

i know the house is ready: i was your very first scout, tyvm.  I assumed you got it intentionally...which flatters me.  Maybe i will use the 20k i planned to spend on the beetle to finance a little scout of your death house.  But not right now. i need caffeine.

I'm sorry man. It's just because I want you to try to solve/rob my house. From my past experience it looks like making enemies is the easiest way to get someone to seriously try to rob me smile

I'm really curious how this house will be robbed.

#19 2014-04-03 08:41:42

LiteS

Your real luck was guessing the vault was up on the first try.

#20 2014-04-03 08:45:37

LiteS

hah, and of course I forgot you killed the initial cat, so I died to the dog it was holding back.

#21 2014-04-03 08:50:33

MMaster

LiteS wrote:

Your real luck was guessing the vault was up on the first try.

Yeah. It was just because I saw the trapdoor commit gate behind the doors first time I came to that intersection and opened the doors with bricks. When I came with 4 ladders I actually planned to scout each direction of the intersection, but I first went up just to check what's there. When I saw the open area with more commit gates and a lot of wooden walls that looked like it can be combo lock I decided that I will scout that top area first.

#22 2014-04-03 08:57:05

MMaster

LiteS wrote:

hah, and of course I forgot you killed the initial cat, so I died to the dog it was holding back.

Oh! I'm really sorry to hear that. It was very well placed dog with cat. I realized how the dog should be pulled from there only after it was too late.

#23 2014-04-03 09:03:14

tigerbalm immunity

MMaster wrote:

I'm sorry man. It's just because I want you to try to solve/rob my house. From my past experience it looks like making enemies is the easiest way to get someone to seriously try to rob me smile

I'm really curious how this house will be robbed.

of course! i actually need the push smile

Currently dead

#24 2014-04-03 09:10:52

LiteS

#25 2014-04-03 09:14:49

MMaster

Oh wow. Now I see how lucky I was that I started with top door! Very nice house.

Board footer