The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-04-02 10:57:10

LiteS

Re: sending movelist directly after death

Woah, guys, before we make wild accusations, I don't think DaVinci actually intends to use the hack ruin the main server. I mean I'd be a prime target, and I haven't been robbed yet, so...

It would suck if he did though.

#27 2014-04-02 11:04:48

DaVinci243

LiteS wrote:

Woah, guys, before we make wild accusations, I don't think DaVinci actually intends to use the hack ruin the main server. I mean I'd be a prime target, and I haven't been robbed yet, so...

That's also true.

noob programmer haking on open-source game.

#28 2014-04-02 11:12:40

Blip

LiteS wrote:

I would be fine if he didn't claim to have seen your map. I completely understand the desire to mess with the source and do what you want with it (I has some non-cheaty changes on my old clients), but not in an unfair manner on the main server.

DaVinci243 wrote:

I hope you know you can set your own server up.

DaVinci, I fully know that you can set up your own server. I also know that Snyder's house map (which you have seen in full) is on the main server, though, and that seems to be the sticking point here. You claimed to have attempted to solve houses given full map view; on your own server, with no other players, there would be no other houses to "fuck up" solving. So please, feel free to modify your client, but if it's an unfair modification, don't use it on the main server against other players.

I'm trusting you that you haven't been doing so and that you won't in the future.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#29 2014-04-02 11:23:16

DaVinci243

Blip wrote:
LiteS wrote:

I would be fine if he didn't claim to have seen your map. I completely understand the desire to mess with the source and do what you want with it (I has some non-cheaty changes on my old clients), but not in an unfair manner on the main server.

DaVinci243 wrote:

DaVinci, I fully know that you can set up your own server. I also know that Snyder's house map (which you have seen in full) is on the main server, though, and that seems to be the sticking point here. You claimed to have attempted to solve houses given full map view; on your own server, with no other players, there would be no other houses to "fuck up" solving. So please, feel free to modify your client, but if it's an unfair modification, don't use it on the main server against other players.

I'm trusting you that you haven't been doing so and that you won't in the future.

I did not see it full. I went in it once though, like 2 - 3 lives before.

I already said it was on DarkunderdoG's server.

But pls no. read again.

#30 2014-04-02 11:24:31

DaVinci243

DaVinci243 wrote:
Blip wrote:
LiteS wrote:

DaVinci243 wrote:

I never claimed to see full map of Snyder's.

But pls no. read again.

#31 2014-04-02 14:00:09

Blip

DaVinci243 wrote:

4. Getting the map needs more brain power to solve it. ( I tried with high-end houses, takes you quite a while to see everything and calculate every step. ) --> currently this is valid for Snyder's house.

DaVinci243 wrote:

You claim that you used map hacks to access maps for high-end houses, including Snyder's.
But then you claimed to have only "went in his house once".

Unless I'm reading one of these posts wrong (and feel free to correct me), you're contradicting yourself.

DaVinci243 wrote:

I didn't see that, that's my bad. I didn't realize there were other community servers up other than MMaster's (and iceman's Fortress Theory, but that's closed source for now).

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#32 2014-04-02 15:28:54

MMaster

I'm sorry for any wrong assumptions. If you don't ever rob anyone on main server using this then I'm completely sorry. I don't care about you seeing my map if you don't use it to rob me or help anyone else rob me. I usually post my houses here when they are robbed anyway. The same goes with free server - nobody wants you to ruin their game/testing.

However if you would rob my house and claim that you didn't use cheats I would probably not believe you now. Sorry.

#33 2014-04-03 12:40:30

DaVinci243

Blip, I never said it included Snyder's.

MMaster;
48083310.jpg

Board footer