The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-04-03 11:26:25

Blip

Re: The King of Castle Doctrine:

HOLYFUCKIROBBEDMMASTER!

I spent all my cash on crowbars on a wild guess that he had kept the cat maze from his previous house (still in the same life, right)...
And then I guessed at a corner vault. I followed some buttons and HOLYSHITITSTHEVAULT!

I am shaking as I write this. It's time to burn some cash and hide for a bit.

Last edited by Blip (2014-04-03 11:41:49)

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#27 2014-04-03 11:46:59

tigerbalm immunity

congrats, blip! courage is rewarded! what is your name? (i'm sure it's here somewhere...)

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

#28 2014-04-03 11:48:33

MMaster

Blip wrote:

HOLYFUCKIROBBEDMMASTER!

I spent all my cash on crowbars on a wild guess that he had kept the cat maze from his previous house (still in the same life, right)...
And then I guessed at a corner vault. I followed some buttons and HOLYSHITITSTHEVAULT!

I am shaking as I write this. It's time to burn some cash and hide for a bit.

Wow! Didn't expect it would fall that fast smile Congrats! Good job!

#29 2014-04-03 11:54:23

Blip

So now that I've stopped shaking, done some upgrades, and expanded the art collection, I'll explain the robbery:

I had been stuck in the low-first-page range and high-second-page range for a couple weeks now, and decided to either go out with a bang or do something great. I was going to spend all my cash on tools to crack the top house in one go.

Here was my reasoning: David Michael Scott didn't have enough cash until he robbed Snyder to majorly change his house. And even when he got the cash, why change the door trap that had served him so well? I guessed that he had kept the trap, and came loaded with crowbars, plus enough a bunch of wire cutters to reach it. My biggest worry was running out of cutters; 15 seemed like too few. I made it through with only 2 to spare, assuming that the upper path would lead me to the door trap as it did in his previous house. Also, it seemed logical to me to put the entrance to the trap in the center, not off to the side.
I had seen previously that his vault was near the corner... but which corner? I assumed that he had moved it, so I decided to try going up first. If I planned everything out right, I should have had enough crowbars to try going down too. On my way, I found what seemed to be a functional path that required no crowbars to pass by the doors. I followed it, and boom, vault.

I can't believe that I made it, on a 1-in-4 chance (choosing the top path for the floors, and the top corner for the vault). That was the first time I've pulled a no-scout robbery of that magnitude. And it seemed like a great house, MMaster. I wish I had tried for the proper solution, but I would rather have your art and not chance death.

Last edited by Blip (2014-04-03 11:55:49)

#30 2014-04-03 11:57:43

Blip

tigerbalm immunity wrote:

congrats, blip! courage is rewarded! what is your name? (i'm sure it's here somewhere...)

You think I'll tell you? I'm trying to hide for a bit and keep my art safe! Because frankly, I didn't think I'd pull this off, and would finally get to get rid of a surprisingly rich house that has way too many psychological traps. Now I have over 50 paintings behind those traps!

#31 2014-04-03 11:59:57

Storm

Blip wrote:

You think I'll tell you? I'm trying to hide for a bit and keep my art safe! Because frankly, I didn't think I'd pull this off, and would finally get to get rid of a surprisingly rich house that has way too many psychological traps. Now I have over 50 paintings behind those traps!

lol, Blip, don't run!? come back...

#32 2014-04-03 12:05:46

Blip

Storm wrote:
Blip wrote:

lol, Blip, don't run!? come back...

My house is still up there, with an expanded set of paintings. Its up to you guys to find it.

#33 2014-04-03 12:08:10

MMaster

Blip wrote:

I can't believe that I made it, on a 1-in-4 chance (choosing the top path for the floors, and the top corner for the vault). That was the first time I've pulled a no-scout robbery of that magnitude. And it seemed like a great house, MMaster. I wish I had tried for the proper solution, but I would rather have your art and not chance death.

No problem. It was my mistake. The house was not tested at all so I didn't catch all bugs yet and you found one smile I saw that Storm and you are going to rob LiteS and I wanted my stuff back so I decided to go for it. You basically didn't see anything from the internals of the house so I won't expose it yet if that's ok. I can post the tape later today. Blip feel free to post robbery if you have it.

Welcome our new king Blip! smile

EDIT: I see you don't want to expose your name. Ok. So we won't expose the tapes and I will fix my house wink

Last edited by MMaster (2014-04-03 12:09:43)

#34 2014-04-03 12:15:10

tigerbalm immunity

When i find you i will not expose your name. but gd i can't believe how long it's taking me to find 50 paintings w/ a familiar name

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

#35 2014-04-03 12:15:26

Blip

MMaster wrote:
Blip wrote:

No problem. It was my mistake. The house was not tested at all so I didn't catch all bugs yet and you found one smile I saw that Storm and you are going to rob LiteS and I wanted my stuff back so I decided to go for it. You basically didn't see anything from the internals of the house so I won't expose it yet if that's ok. I can post the tape later today. Blip feel free to post robbery if you have it.

EDIT: I see you don't want to expose your name. Ok. So we won't expose the tapes and I will fix my house wink

I didn't record the robbery because I was convinced I would fail. tongue What was the bug I found? Was the path I took through those last few powered doors unintended?

Also, the current painting count is 61. That's a lot of art. It'll probably give me away at some point. But, MMaster, I say we wait, hide the tapes, and watch the new fight for the #1 spot from the sidelines for a while.

For those of you who want the tapes, here's a little something to whet your appetite:
vkfrjIc.jpg

Last edited by Blip (2014-04-03 12:20:03)

#36 2014-04-03 12:21:06

MMaster

Blip wrote:

I didn't record the robbery because I was convinced I would fail. tongue What was the bug I found? Was the path I took through those last few powered doors unintended?

That was supposed to be path for cat ;-) I miscalculated it by 1 step when I moved the vault. That happens smile

#37 2014-04-03 12:54:56

Storm

MMaster wrote:

Can't find him to give him the Crown lol... he ran in, snagged all the paintings and took off lmao.
I say we wait till a clear #1 emerges ahead of everyone, there's only a $5k difference between #1 and #2 atm

Last edited by Storm (2014-04-03 13:01:13)

#38 2014-04-03 12:59:18

Storm

When i find you i will not expose your name. but gd i can't believe how long it's taking me to find 50 paintings w/ a familiar name

Blip wrote:

You think I'll tell you? I'm trying to hide for a bit and keep my art safe!

he could be hiding in his house so nobody sees it

#39 2014-04-03 13:04:33

eppfel
Website

The new king is Christopher Alvin Harris, I guess he reinforces his castle atm

#40 2014-04-03 13:11:13

Blip

eppfel wrote:

Um... don't listen to him guys. He's clearly being a lying lier who lies.

Also, it's a house, not a castle.

#41 2014-04-03 13:14:42

LiteS

Storm wrote:

Legacy of Kings (as far as I can tell) : LiteS -> MMaster ->

MMaster was also before me, and I took down someone else who rose above me late last week. Being on top is just not the same since the days of JWG and $50 bounties.

#42 2014-04-03 13:20:35

eppfel
Website

Blip wrote:
eppfel wrote:

Oh, what a humble king, who does not want to be entitled and prefers a house over a castle. Still, calling me a liar is an accusation I can not tolerate. I will defend my honor on the battle grounds!

Last edited by eppfel (2014-04-03 13:21:01)

#43 2014-04-03 13:25:11

Storm

LiteS wrote:

Being on top is just not the same since the days of JWG and $50 bounties.

yeah, JWG used to attack anyone who got enough money to threaten him. that and his house was crazy good. He had almost a year head start on a lot of us. I'm sure someone else will emerge like him after all these battles. Who knows, could be you. guess we'll see...

Last edited by Storm (2014-04-03 13:30:13)

#44 2014-04-03 13:37:03

eppfel
Website

Storm wrote:

yeah, JWG used to attack anyone who got enough money to threaten him. that and his house was crazy good. I'm sure someone else will emerge like him after all these battles. Who knows, could be you. guess we'll see...

Yeah, the last time I was top for 3 days I cleared everyone above 40k. But then I had to invest 20k+ and died like an idiot at Mr Laing's. It is hard to avoid errors to stay on top for long.
Also, Harris now has the most paintings, but not the most money. So, who's the new king then?

#45 2014-04-03 13:37:49

Blip

eppfel wrote:
Blip wrote:
eppfel wrote:

Oh, what a humble king, who does not want to be entitled and prefers a house over a castle. Still, calling me a liar is an accusation I can not tolerate. I will defend my honor on the battle grounds!

I take it back! Don't take my art yet!

Storm wrote:
LiteS wrote:

Being on top is just not the same since the days of JWG and $50 bounties.

yeah, JWG used to attack anyone who got enough money to threaten him. that and his house was crazy good. He had almost a year head start on a lot of us. I'm sure someone else will emerge like him after all these battles. Who knows, could be you. guess we'll see...

I was around before even Josh, and I had my day back in v8, being the first player to break $100k since the broken days of v5. Back then it was an electronics arms race between Zed and me; it's still puzzling how neither of us came up with a clock. I guess it wasn't really necessary; in the days of 8 tools max, with wire cutters not cutting floors, having a step counter and a line of floors was all we really needed.

Anyways, guys, I'd rather not be entitled "King". I'm more of an "Art Collector", with my goal not being to be on top, but to have every painting (except the William Bebe ones. Seriously, what the fuck Will?)!

#46 2014-04-03 13:49:35

Blip

Wow. I appear to have already gotten a "disconnect scout", where a 2k scout makes progress, then disconnects so that their tape shows them suiciding on the doormat.

#47 2014-04-03 14:46:02

Blip

I may have a bit more cash coming my way. My alt nearly cracked Brit's place, I think.

Lopez, who's at the top atm, seems to just be dog-commit for most of the way.

Last edited by Blip (2014-04-03 14:46:46)

#48 2014-04-03 14:49:48

Storm

eppfel wrote:

Also, Harris now has the most paintings, but not the most money. So, who's the new king then?

Blip (Harris) is going pokemon style on the art paintings n last I checked he was at $4k value on the house list. Lopez is gaining a lead, I'll let the dust settle a bit more then put his name up once it's clear he's the new King.

Last edited by Storm (2014-04-03 14:51:12)

#49 2014-04-03 14:52:21

Blip

Storm wrote:

Blip is going pokemon style on the art paintings n last I checked he was at $4k value on the house list. Lopez is gaining a lead, I'll let the dust settle a bit more then put his name up once it's clear he's the new King.

Don't be so sure. Nobody knows how many (or how few) commit gates that Lopez has.

Brit seemed more secure, until I found what may be the funniest solution of all time. If that's the intended solution, I hail Brit as a genius.

#50 2014-04-03 15:00:47

iceman
Website

Blip wrote:

Brit seemed more secure, until I found what may be the funniest solution of all time. If that's the intended solution, I hail Brit as a genius.

Video, please? =P

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

Board footer