The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#101 2014-04-06 20:51:28

poor

Re: Dual Accounts AND The Forum

Lord0fHam wrote:

Otherwise, I'd better commit dishonorable sudoku.

1    |     |     
     |    9|     
-----+-----+-----
     |  4  |     
  7  |     |     
-----+-----+-----
  8  |     |     
    2|     |    5

edit: this is just in response to your use of the word "sudoku". Not saying you're the no-bullets guy or not.

Last edited by poor (2014-04-06 20:53:08)

"Safety" is relative
Current life: None; I'm quite dead.

#102 2014-04-06 20:52:07

Killer Mosquito

Lord0fHam wrote:

So… I'm hoping I'm the guy who still has bullets? Otherwise, I'd better commit dishonorable sudoku.

No one called it cheating when I busted up in Ceridian city with a level 100 Mew. (Actually, one person did call this cheating... but no tears were shed for Misty on that day)

No one called it cheating when I whipped out all five pieces of Exodia.

No one calls it cheating when I shoot the moon.

No one called it cheating when I solved the shrine of the silver monkey.

(Kudos if you get all the references)

I think people with two accounts have advantages over people with one.  However, I could easily pony up and get another copy of the game.  Or, I could just ask my friend to club my wife for me, or to let me scout.  We bought the game together.  We watch each others security tapes, and robberies.  Technically, I'm as guilty as anyone else on that list because I see a map without my account actually being at risk.

(At least I think... I don't know if this instance counts as using the account..... or just having an account.... although I don't actually have it or use it because it's my friends, so I think I found the loophole in this argument)

Unknown.... thanks Blip
Unknown again because I thought I'd go on a no-tool revenge run on Blip.  Silly me........
Never risk what you aren't willing to lose.
Be willing to lose everything.

#103 2014-04-06 20:53:39

Lord0fHam

poor wrote:
Lord0fHam wrote:

Otherwise, I'd better commit dishonorable sudoku.

1    |     |     
     |    9|     
-----+-----+-----
     |  4  |     
  7  |     |     
-----+-----+-----
  8  |     |     
    2|     |    5

So… I do or don't have bullets? Personally, I always use a belt fed mini gun, so you  can't really run out. That sudoku was way to hard. I only do 3x3.

Last edited by Lord0fHam (2014-04-06 20:54:56)

It's a trap!

#104 2014-04-06 20:54:43

Lord0fHam

Killer Mosquito wrote:

No one called it cheating when I busted up in Ceridian city with a level 100 Mew. (Actually, one person did call this cheating... but no tears were shed for Misty on that day)

No one called it cheating when I whipped out all five pieces of Exodia.

No one calls it cheating when I shoot the moon.

No one called it cheating when I solved the shrine of the silver monkey.

(Kudos if you get all the references)

LOL

It's a trap!

#105 2014-04-06 20:59:18

iceman
Website

Ok, as hilarious as this thread has become, can we all just stop posting here?  We're waaaaaaay past the point of constructive discussion, and all that's happening now is rising tempers. Please, let this be the last post here, and if it's not... don't respond to the next one.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#106 2014-04-06 21:03:14

JoyOfTrapping

Hahaha.  Ok, Iceman.  Sorry, it had become personally offensive to me, and as it escalated there were just too many opportunities to lol.  I had to take them.

I hereby declare Iceman the winner

We can all go home now

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#107 2014-04-06 21:03:34

Lord0fHam

Lord0fHam proudly presents: THE ANIMATED VERSION OF THIS THREAD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI4Ojgz5Qo4

It's a trap!

#108 2014-04-06 22:56:49

AMWhy

The purpose of a second account is so you can both make a serious castle and have fun robbing.  Two independent parts of that game that you can't do simultaneously on one account. There is no cheating as you are not benefiting one account over the other.

I can't believe I actually have to explain that to you.

#109 2014-04-06 23:00:21

Lord0fHam

All that happens then is that my second account has way more money to go scouting with, and then if unsuccessful, my first still robs.

It's a trap!

#110 2014-04-06 23:32:28

AMWhy

@LordofHam, if that is how you are using your second account then you are admitting to cheating! LOL

#111 2014-04-06 23:41:27

Lord0fHam

no, that is not what i do with my second account. i use it to just have fun trying to rob low houses and sometimes scout big ones, i never build it up.

It's a trap!

#112 2014-04-07 01:03:12

AMWhy

Which is what I said: the way to use a second account without cheating.  I bet you feel really dumb right now.

Last edited by AMWhy (2014-04-07 01:03:50)

#113 2014-04-07 04:31:37

cullman

What AMWhy is saying makes perfect sense.  The only reason you guys are ridiculing him is because you guys like to cheat and are trying to justify your position. It's very simple.  The main way people cheat is with dual accounts.  Are all dual accounters cheaters?  No.  Are there ways to cheat without a dual account? Yes.  Is the majority of the cheating problem with this game people using dual accounts to cheat?  Yes.  When he is talking about "cheating with dual accounts" this is what he means, and I understood it this way.  The weakness of your guy's argument is proven by the fact that you have devolved into dissecting his words, and mixing them up, where anyone with a basic understanding of English or this game would have to understand what he was saying.  You guys can say it's not cheating all you want.  I think I have demonstrated that Jason did not intend for dual accounts to be used in this way, yet you guys claim it is not cheating because it's how you like to play.  As he has discussed ways to stop and has implemented some measures, just they aren't entirely effective. Just agree that you want to cheat, it's how you like to play and I think this argument would be over.

#114 2014-04-07 04:48:52

AMWhy

The thing that annoys me is not that people cheat.  The opportunity is there and it's easy to do.  What annoys me are the forum users flat out denying that cheating happens.  Until everyone can acknowledge the problem, nothing will change and there is no hope for this game to last long term.

The semantics of what I had said was a poor attempt to divert the issue at hand that ended up making LordofHam look foolish.

Last edited by AMWhy (2014-04-07 04:50:56)

#115 2014-04-07 04:57:23

colorfusion

cullman wrote:

What AMWhy is saying makes perfect sense.  The only reason you guys are ridiculing him is because you guys like to cheat and are trying to justify your position. It's very simple.  The main way people cheat is with dual accounts.  Are all dual accounters cheaters?  No.  Are there ways to cheat without a dual account? Yes.  Is the majority of the cheating problem with this game people using dual accounts to cheat?  Yes.  When he is talking about "cheating with dual accounts" this is what he means, and I understood it this way.  The weakness of your guy's argument is proven by the fact that you have devolved into dissecting his words, and mixing them up, where anyone with a basic understanding of English or this game would have to understand what he was saying.  You guys can say it's not cheating all you want.  I think I have demonstrated that Jason did not intend for dual accounts to be used in this way, yet you guys claim it is not cheating because it's how you like to play.  As he has discussed ways to stop and has implemented some measures, just they aren't entirely effective. Just agree that you want to cheat, it's how you like to play and I think this argument would be over.

Both people were using "dual accounts" and "dual account usage" interchangeably:
"Dual accounts need to be stopped."
"problem of dual accounts"
"dual account cheaters"
"dual account cheating"
"Using 2 accounts is just cheating."
"Dual account cheating is a fact."

On top of that, AMWhy says that everyone on the list advocates cheating; I have never said I support abuse of two accounts, although I have said that simply having them is fine. AMWhy even says he/she is targeting "pro dual account comments".

However, it was pretty clear of both of their intentions; they were arguing for and against using dual accounts for an advantage. No reasonable person would say that simply owning, and never using two accounts, is cheating. And nobody was trying to argue that "it's not cheating because you might not use it". That simply was not what the debate was about.

Blip continued to argue that "Dual accounts is not cheating", then out of the blue AMWhy claims that he had never said it was, to counter Blip's entire argument.

This seemed pretty unreasonable and strange, since the whole argument had been about this. Blip and L0H point out that in practically every post he has been calling dual account usage cheating, but then AMWhy points out that he never technically called "Dual accounts" cheating, he had just called "Dual account cheating" cheating.

AMWhy was just picking at the semantics of what Blip said, despite the fact both of them had been using "Dual accounts" and "Dual account usage" interchangeably as I previously said, and were both still actually talking about using the accounts to an advantage. It was completely unrelated to the debate, and did nothing to actually counter Blip's point.

I think the overuse of images and examples was a bit overkill and spammy for its purpose, but I also think it's somewhat childish for AM to claim that if people are against his view, then they are probably cheaters and are ruining the game. Even more so to personally name a bunch of people as "the rot of cheating".

We should move on from arguing over semantics, and just take what Blip said, "Dual accounts are not cheating", to be "Using dual accounts is not cheating". It doesn't really make any difference to Blip's argument, and it's pretty clear that Blip is talking both about the owning and use of the accounts.

Last edited by colorfusion (2014-04-07 10:26:40)

#116 2014-04-07 05:10:19

AMWhy

I didn't avoid directly saying that having a dual account is cheating.  I didn't say it at all as I don't believe it.  There is nothing wrong with having a dual account.  This was clear throughout my posts. 

I believe that getting an advantage through dual accounts that doesn't infringe upon other players should be frowned upon, and discouraged, but I have no major problem with it.

The problem is using a dual account to gain an advantage that directly infringes upon another player. THIS is cheating and needs to be stopped.

Furthermore, denial that this is cheating is turning playrs away from the game.

#117 2014-04-07 07:29:04

crazyace

cullman is a walking disease

#118 2014-04-07 07:39:39

AMWhy

@crazyace that post is nothing but malicious.  If you have nothing interesting or relevant to say, I suggest you stay away from the forum.

#119 2014-04-07 07:41:40

Garinoth

@AMWhy they are just pathetically trying to ridiculize your statements to defend their position, they are just taking parts of your posts out of context and using some parts where you have not literally reiterated your position but slipped a bit of wrong wording (though it could be taken from the context and from the overall connotation of the thread) to their advantage. They have also spammed the forum with a lot of nonsense and off-topic matters, which also proves they cannot maintain a civilized conversation with another human being about a matter that concerns us all and the game. I think anyone can understand what is cheating and what is not.

@lordofham you can't say you don't break the rules If you use a dual account to scout or to farm money for a main account, as the main rule of the game is that if you die, you lose everything, but with a dual account you can die and not only don't lose anything, but make a profit.

#120 2014-04-07 07:48:50

crazyace

Dude, cullman has started atleast 4 forums about the same thing. Its state above - facts are facts and not always an insult.

#121 2014-04-07 07:53:09

AMWhy

Obviously passions are running high, and you have a right to give your opinion. Just don't ruin it by making direct insults.  Argue against his points. Don't attack him.

#122 2014-04-07 07:54:09

crazyace

Have you seen everyone arguing against him and he doesn't listen. I'm not wasting that time.

#123 2014-04-07 08:17:34

TheRealCheese

I have not read this whole thread as I've kind of become disenchanted with the community, which saddens me as I really thought there were some quality people around.
I only make this post to publicly take offense to being listed as a 'dual account advocate' in the original post as I agree that dual accounts used to systematically earn 'free money' so to say, is a horrible practice and I would wish something could be done about it.
What I might have endorsed is a once-in-a-while charity run on houses that might need it or on friends, even, at a time that your house has fallen anyways, or you died robbing or scouting or the likes.
To reiterate: systematic harvesting of dual accounts = bad. Helping out a noob or a friend once in a while = no big deal. Having two accounts that never interact with one another financially = I don't give a flying.

Last edited by TheRealCheese (2014-04-07 08:22:01)

#124 2014-04-07 08:27:18

AMWhy

@TheRealCheese I apologise for including you on the list. At present I can't check why you were included (typing from my phone) but I can tell you it would have been in relation to one of your posts on a previous dual account thread.

The list was clearly not accurate for all forum members and from the posts on this thread, it's pretty obvious which players on the list are likely to be ones who abuse dual accounts and which players were listed incorrectly by myself.

I did state that I could be wrong about some players in my original post yet I also fully understand your post refuting what I included your name as part of.  If you would like to know the post that promoted me to add you to the list, I will let you know when I have time.

Last edited by AMWhy (2014-04-07 08:28:34)

#125 2014-04-07 08:54:52

crazyace

I was first on the dual account list before I had one. People say anyone who achieved something must have cheated these days. Don't stress.

Board footer