The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-07 13:50:40

Cylence

List of Bannable Offenses.

Summary

Jason, please confirm whether any of the proposed actions/activities are grounds for the banning of an account or accounts.
I'm hoping this can inform players of what is allowed and what they should report.
This should be updated as needed and have items which have an official ruling, as well as things that need one.
Maybe each listing could link out to a page with common ways to recognize them. For example, I'm not sure how to know if someone edited a move list besides seeing them walk through walls in a replay.

-------------------------------------

Bannable Offenses

Actions and activities that are grounds for banning.
- using a modded client on the main server (editing movelists, map viewing, etc).
- discovering a potential exploit and continuing to use it before receiving an official ruling from Jason (must be reported).

Allowed

Actions and activities which were questionable, but ruled to NOT be grounds for banning.

Questionable

Actions and activities which NEED official ruling.
- colluding with people (or multiple accounts) to generate income (through bounties)
- colluding with people (or multiple accounts) by sharing maps or making them public (through friends, forums, or streaming)
- house sitting for grief, robbing a house with the main intention of locking someone out of editing.
- house sitting for insurance, robbing a house with the main intention of getting their stuff in the event of their death while robbing.
- vault setting, robbing a house with the intention of setting a house to be "broken" and thus more safe than an unbroken "house." (money transfer avoided by throwing everything in a backpack)

Thread Maintenance

I'd like to keep this thread up to date, however I'm not the best user suited to the task. If there's a Mod out there who has the ability to monitor incoming questionable offenses (and the ability to determine if its a duplicate), please take over this thread.

Edited for spelling.
Edit 2 for wording on exploits.

Last edited by Cylence (2014-04-07 14:05:24)

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#2 2014-04-07 13:56:45

DaVinci243

Re: List of Bannable Offenses.

Cylence wrote:

- discovering a potential exploit and exploiting it before reporting to Jason for a ruling.

I'm sure you wrote that wrong. That doesn't say anything to the usage of exploit AFTER telling to Jason.

noob programmer haking on open-source game.

#3 2014-04-07 14:00:55

Cylence

DaVinci243, thanks for the catch. Should be before and after. Will amend.

Edit: reworded to be before a ruling. "after" should be taken care of by it being added to the list of bannable offenses.

Last edited by Cylence (2014-04-07 14:07:48)

#4 2014-04-07 14:09:45

colorfusion

Other than obvious hacking/exploiting (robbing all the top houses in one day) I don't think Jason will ban for any of these.

#5 2014-04-07 14:17:00

Cylence

colorfusion, it's not about what you or I think is bannable or not. It's about getting clarity in an official ruling for everyone to see.

#6 2014-04-07 16:10:13

cullman

Cylence wrote:
Summary
Questionable

Actions and activities which NEED official ruling.
- colluding with people (or multiple accounts) to generate income (through bounties)
- colluding with people (or multiple accounts) by sharing maps or making them public (through friends, forums, or streaming)
- house sitting for grief, robbing a house with the main intention of locking someone out of editing.
- house sitting for insurance, robbing a house with the main intention of getting their stuff in the event of their death while robbing.
- vault setting, robbing a house with the intention of setting a house to be "broken" and thus more safe than an unbroken "house." (money transfer avoided by throwing everything in a backpack)

How are these questionable.  Jason has stated in another thread that he believes that dual account use is cheating.

#7 2014-04-07 16:16:22

colorfusion

cullman wrote:

How are these questionable.  Jason has stated in another thread that he believes that dual account use is cheating.

He said that he "do[esn't] WANT anyone to use dual accounts", not that it was a bannable offence.

There's no real reliable way to ban or detect dual accounts, and even if there was it's more likely that there would be a system put in place to have them force-ignore eachother, not ban them.

#8 2014-04-07 16:20:16

cullman

I don't think he banning anyone at this point, I think he is on to the next thing.  So this is probably a pointless discussion.

#9 2014-04-07 16:27:09

colorfusion

Yeah, unless someone just goes through and clearly hacks on all the top houses, I don't think many people are going to get banned. Even exploits are more likely to be fixed. We could have a "List of Deeply Frowned Upon Offences".

Last edited by colorfusion (2014-04-07 16:28:25)

Board footer