The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-08 09:39:10

1castlefan

Bring in new players

Despite my frustration, I can't help but recommend this game to friends. It's an obscure game that I only became aware of through word of mouth. So far of the 8 people I've shown the video to... At least half plan to buy it... The others want to learn more about it out of interest.

If we want more new players, all it takes is some conversation.

#2 2014-04-08 09:55:01

xandalis

Re: Bring in new players

Right on. Serious request though, make sure anyone you bring to the game knows to expect some rage-quit moments, etc. And that just because somebody walks through their house/traps in one go with or without tools, does not automatically make it cheating. In my early days I had some really paper houses that looked fantastic in my head. Then some guy comes through, cuts the one wall that broke it all, and clears the place out. The same type of thing will eventually happen to them too.

Get them as well-versed with the game play&mechanics as you can, because that more than anything, will help them get going. Granted, some of the descriptions I've seen on the wiki aren't really clear unless you've encountered some of the "tricks of the trade" for yourself in the game. Usually by dying to them.

edit: Oh, and also let them to know to expect to die in their own house during self-test.

Last edited by xandalis (2014-04-08 09:58:40)

#3 2014-04-08 18:13:03

TheRealCheese

xandalis wrote:

edit: Oh, and also let them to know to expect to die in their own house during self-test.

I think this is my highest cause of death.

#4 2014-04-08 19:34:40

BoxDrunken

Its funny I've walked away from this game over 4 times telling my self "Fuk this stupid waste of time, pull my hair out game" only to log back on an hour later and start a new house.

#5 2014-04-08 19:41:21

Lord0fHam

BoxDrunken wrote:

Its funny I've walked away from this game over 4 times telling my self "Fuk this stupid waste of time, pull my hair out game" only to log back on an hour later and start a new house.

That is me. I die with paintings and a great house, punch a hole in my wall, scream, cry, say "I'm done with this motherfucking game for good", and then come back an hour later.

It's a trap!

#6 2014-04-08 19:42:22

mala

make a mobile version of the game and there will be plenty of new players.

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#7 2014-04-08 20:01:53

xandalis

mala wrote:

And plenty of broken smartphones/tablets.

#8 2014-04-08 20:03:20

xandalis

TheRealCheese wrote:
xandalis wrote:

I think this is my highest cause of death.

Yeah, lately that's been mine as well. Except for last night. First time in a while someone else's house claimed me when I wasn't just screwing around.

#9 2014-04-08 21:58:46

Kimenzar

xandalis wrote:
mala wrote:

That will boost the smartphone/tablets economy big_smile

#10 2014-04-08 22:20:04

xandalis

I bet TCD would surpass Flappy Birds in causing people to smash their screens... Never played it, just have heard of many rage-quit/break-stuff stories tied to that game.

#11 2014-04-09 05:12:04

mala

xandalis wrote:
mala wrote:

i'm dreaming about a mobile version of tcd since the first time i had to leave my house unprotected for extended periods.

i'd love to check my house while onthe bus, or make a little upgrade on the way

Last edited by mala (2014-04-09 05:12:26)

Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#12 2014-04-09 09:56:15

Kimenzar

mala wrote:
xandalis wrote:
mala wrote:

i'm dreaming about a mobile version of tcd since the first time i had to leave my house unprotected for extended periods.

I hate and I like that feature that I can't check my house everytime. And that feel if you come home and your house still stands with 8k and nonbroken fills me with proud big_smile

#13 2014-04-09 21:24:00

mala

Kimenzar wrote:
mala wrote:
xandalis wrote:

I hate and I like that feature that I can't check my house everytime. And that feel if you come home and your house still stands with 8k and nonbroken fills me with proud big_smile

i have to admit you've got a point...

#14 2014-04-10 18:40:07

pagedMov

mala wrote:
xandalis wrote:
mala wrote:

Yeah, I really want an app like that, but part of the fun of the game is coming back and being anxious over whether or not your house has been completely razed

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

♪ Hello darkness, my old friend ♪

Board footer