The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-09 15:43:54

MMaster

Known facts about protection from dual account abuse on main server

Someone recently wrote on the boards that it would be good to list know facts about dual account abuse protection on main server as people don't know them.

I would like this thread to list all known protections against dual account abuse on main server.

Please DON'T use this thread to discuss how dual accounts can be abused. There are enough threads that are discussing that already.

I want it to be informative so people know about everything that is hidden behind the scenes and actually protects them.
Please feel free to add anything I missed or correct me if I made a mistake somewhere.

CHILLS AND FORCE-IGNORES

(based on this thread with updated values)

--If you die in a house, you have a day-long chill before you can come back into that house.
--If you bring tools into a house and then die later, somewhere else, you have a day-long chill before you can come back into that house (with the day starting at when you entered the house with tools)
--If you reach a vault in a house without carrying tools, and then die later, somewhere else, you have an day-long chill before you can come back into that house (with the day starting at the time you reached the vault).
--If you reach the vault in a house or kill family members, and the owner of that house dies and respawns, you can't see their new house for a day.

BOUNTY PUMPING LIMIT

(based on released server code and this thread)

-- If you reach the vault in a house, you can't gain another bounty for reaching the same house's vault again for an hour

ITEM PUMPING LIMIT

(based on this thread)

-- If you bring tools into a house and then leave or reach vault, the tools are lost (even the house owner does not get them)

Last edited by MMaster (2014-04-09 15:59:04)

Board footer