The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-14 23:22:23

uncastlebar

This game is unplayable because of cheater!

I like  this game.
Genius idea from the developer.

But the cheater makes it unplayable.

1. The multi-account user.
In the easyest way it gives you 1100,- each day from the second acc to your main account.

2. The map vissible cheater like this:

I had a humble house with 4 paintings. But over 100 dead robbers.
Then Peter Nolan Clark (not in the list. Sure a second account from some other) comes in with no importend tools.

First I have a 6 switches code that means 720 tries.
He tryed a bit. Then he put in the right code a walked over my leap of faith.

Second some dogs.
He put them down with dog meat.

Third a 3 permanent switches code. Ok just 6 tries.
He pressed one switch wrong. So then he taked his only saw to cut them.
And he walked over my second leap of face.

Then he moved direct to my vault.

So he know exactly my house. And that is impossible. No robber was exaiming my hause just near a bit.

To the developer:

Please do something against the cheater!
Cheater makes the game unplayable.

Its honorly to make the game open source.
But its very vulnable now.

And please write on your game advisment.

"THIS GAME GIVES YOU A BIG ADVANTAGE WITH MORE ACCOUNTS"

If you buy one account you cant survive!

#2 2014-04-14 23:47:36

Keynom

Re: This game is unplayable because of cheater!

I seem to be doing fine with just one account. Go ahead and try to get to my vault. Name is Leonard R. Carpenter.

#3 2014-04-14 23:48:34

Nakula

i give this thread 1 day before cullman and crazyace are at each others throats

#4 2014-04-14 23:52:18

uncastlebar

Keynom wrote:

I seem to be doing fine with just one account. Go ahead and try to get to my vault. Name is Leonard R. Carpenter.

Hello Keynom,

do you reed my text?

YOU HAVE NO PAINTING! NOT ONE!

So wait and see.

#5 2014-04-15 00:12:39

Keynom

I did not bother with paintings because they are a waste of money. I rather use the money on improving my house. Also they attract unwanted attention to your house. People will blow just about any amount of money to get them.

#6 2014-04-15 00:31:37

uncastlebar

Ok. So thats your very humble goal.

But what will you do with the money if your house is finished like mine?

#7 2014-04-15 00:35:42

Keynom

uncastlebar wrote:

Ok. So thats your very humble goal.

But what will you do with the money if your house is finished like mine?

Find a way to improve it. No house is finished. I thought my house was finished and I just dropped another 20K on improving it.

#8 2014-04-15 00:43:22

uncastlebar

Keynom, I think we are complete different.

I want to build a save house.
Then I want to see a clever guy thats solved it or break it by bruteforce. Thats ok. And I honored this.

THEN I change my house or build a new.

But this cheating and the no response from the dev about it makes me mad.
If the dev writes: "Sorry guys I cant do anything" that will be ok for me.

#9 2014-04-15 00:53:02

HardKor

Not to be that guy, but sounds like that guy was just trying to scout your house and got extremely lucky.  You already admitted he messed some things up and took many tries breaking your house.  That makes me think it wasn't a map hack.  Could have been a repeat offender, but you mentioned no one has made even half as far as he did into your house.  I know I got lucky earlier and SAW someones vault... was 1 leap of faith away from getting rich, but the stress got to me and I missed the opportunity.

#10 2014-04-15 01:07:15

uncastlebar

Sorry but I cant read this "he was extreme lucky" anymore.

This is a very logical game. And the most of as know about plausibilities.
And I read a bit in this forum about the sourcecode and cheating posibilities.

I just want to write it down for an advise to other player.

#11 2014-04-15 01:13:56

HardKor

Care to share the video of him robbing you or will you continue to use that house?

#12 2014-04-15 03:34:50

uncastlebar

I go on still using my house. Just change the code.

Wich software should I use to record?

#13 2014-04-15 04:49:57

Pohaku

I don't want to weigh in with any opinion on whether people are cheating here, but I feel I should add this:

Last night Peter Nolan Clark (the OP's robber) took my vault for ~$3500. He came into the house on a first ever visit with $2,200 worth of tools - slightly more than your standard 2k but the selection was typical (saws, water, meat, bricks, bat). He did not take the house efficiently, wasting tools where there would be no need to do so if he knew the map beforehand. He did happen to have just the right tools to exploit a weakness (now fixed) that eventually got him access to my 'endgame' room, however the tools he used for this were the same tools I would have had with me on a 2k suicide run.

The only thing slightly fishy is that part of my endgame is a one-chance multiple choice, which he got right on the first (ie. his only) shot.

I've just watched the tape again, and to be honest I don't think he was cheating. If he was, then he went to a lot of effort to look lost and confused in my house, wasted a lot of tools, for basically a $1300 gain.

#14 2014-04-15 05:56:39

colorfusion

uncastlebar wrote:

Sorry but I cant read this "he was extreme lucky" anymore.

This is a very logical game. And the most of as know about plausibilities.
And I read a bit in this forum about the sourcecode and cheating posibilities.

I just want to write it down for an advise to other player.

With 100 people, you'd have to be pretty lucky to not have someone get through your house. A 6 bit combo lock has 64 possibilities, and up to 6 combinations (assuming no tools) can be tested before you've pressed all the buttons.

If he had to use a bunch of tools to bypass the parts after that, then he didn't know "exactly" your house. AND if "No robber was exaiming my hause just near a bit" then this has nothing to do with dual account users. You seem to have just been robbed from overestimating your defences.

Jason has confirmed that barely any of the reported "hackers" have actually done any hacking. People are just looking to blame something other than themselves for people getting through their house.

Last edited by colorfusion (2014-04-15 06:06:15)

#15 2014-04-15 06:09:46

cullman

There are cheats where people can see the whole map.  I have offered to make a version of this game where that is not possible, however, only 17 people said they would play on my server.  I guess we could try again and see if we can get that number up to 40 people.  Crazyace I think is still in mourning over his wife dying.

#16 2014-04-15 07:17:20

Lord0fHam

uncastlebar wrote:
Keynom wrote:

Hello Keynom,

do you reed my text?

YOU HAVE NO PAINTING! NOT ONE!

So wait and see.

Paintings don't make you any more or less successful. You should always finish upgrading your house first. I think you are the guy from which i stole a painting using only 2 saws, a meat, and a brick a while ago. I didn't cheat, your house was just very basic at the time. Also, for your combo, use sticky switches.

It's a trap!

#17 2014-04-15 08:26:45

uncastlebar

colorfusion wrote:

...With 100 people, you'd have to be pretty lucky to not have someone get through your house. A 6 bit combo lock has 64 possibilities, and up to 6 combinations (assuming no tools) can be tested before you've pressed all the buttons.

At this point I stopped reading- A 6 switch combination has how many tries!? Come on ask your teacher, come back and write the answer. Then I will read the rest.

#18 2014-04-15 08:30:24

uncastlebar

Lord0fHam wrote:

Paintings don't make you any more or less successful. You should always finish upgrading your house first. I think you are the guy from which i stole a painting using only 2 saws, a meat, and a brick a while ago. I didn't cheat, your house was just very basic at the time. Also, for your combo, use sticky switches.

I dont switch my house and name since 4 weeks.
So come back an rob me smile

And maybe you know how much combinations a 6 switch combo has?

#19 2014-04-15 08:31:24

crazyace

cullman wrote:

There are cheats where people can see the whole map.  I have offered to make a version of this game where that is not possible, however, only 17 people said they would play on my server.  I guess we could try again and see if we can get that number up to 40 people.  Crazyace I think is still in mourning over his wife dying.

Every house I ever made I left them by the door to die. Remember nothing in this game matters. Only petty people are effected by minor problems like this.

The same house has been killing people and will be back on top if I put any effort in.. (already got 11k in tools rdy) Don't blame your failed attempt to get 50 people on me. You didn't even get half the amount in a week of spamming and over thinking it. Keep bringing my name up cullman - just sounds like built up sexual tension from your dreams of me.

#20 2014-04-15 08:31:35

TheRealCheese

uncastlebar you have to remember that these are binary locks, not decimal locks. 6 buttons, especially if they are not sticky and have no commit before them (meaning you can leave, come back and try again) is not that hard to crack. I empathize with your situations and multiaccounts (while not having anything to do with this in particular) sucks the big D, but it sounds like someone got lucky cracking your place. You even said yourself they used some tools (meats and saws) meaning they didn't just guess the correct solution. I've had people just guess my correct solution before and your first thought is "OMFG THE CHEATER!!" but once you calm down a bit you will see that if 100 people died in your house and 1 guessed the right combinations and paths to take (even with the help of some tools!) it's really not that unusual, statistically speaking.

Edit: cullman and crazyace, can you two like make a dedicated thread for shittalking each other and then keep it out of the rest of the forum or something? Thanks.
Some of the 'feuds' around here are humorous and gentlemanly and entertaining to follow, but you two are just vicious!

Last edited by TheRealCheese (2014-04-15 08:33:04)

#21 2014-04-15 08:38:18

TheRealCheese

uncastlebar wrote:
colorfusion wrote:

...With 100 people, you'd have to be pretty lucky to not have someone get through your house. A 6 bit combo lock has 64 possibilities, and up to 6 combinations (assuming no tools) can be tested before you've pressed all the buttons.

At this point I stopped reading- A 6 switch combination has how many tries!? Come on ask your teacher, come back and write the answer. Then I will read the rest.

http://www.mathsisfun.com/binary-combinations.html

#22 2014-04-15 08:44:50

uncastlebar

Cheese you dont understand me.

Solve a 6 digit code - maybe.

But the 6 digit AND the 3 digit at once - Never.

And nobody solved the first 6 digit code ever?!

#23 2014-04-15 08:45:44

DaVinci243

uncastlebar wrote:

Cheese you dont understand me.

Solve a 6 digit code - maybe.

But the 6 digit AND the 3 digit at once - Never.

And nobody solved the first 6 digit code ever?!

w/e no tools & no scouting?

noob programmer haking on open-source game.

#24 2014-04-15 08:47:45

uncastlebar

sure - thats the point.

And at this time comes the multiaccounts in.

And I dont know how the cops think work.

#25 2014-04-15 08:51:15

iceman
Website

uncastlebar wrote:
colorfusion wrote:

Uncastlebar, he's right- a 6 bit combo has 64 possibilities, since 2^6 = 64.  2^1 possibilites for 1 button, 2^2= 4 possibilities for 2 buttons, 2^3=8 possibilities for 3 buttons, etc.

Also, you didn't say if your house had sticky switches or not.  If they didn't, then it's obviously trivial to bypass.

For the 3 bit combo, you even said that he made a mistake, and sawed through a wall.  If your combo took 2 pressed buttons, then there's a 2/3 chance of guessing it, which isn't surprising *at all*

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

Board footer