The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-17 18:31:02

cullman

I'm out

I am not rage quitting (though someone did just rob my $600 with $2k of tools and then another guy game in fresh and perfectly solved the rest with the exact right toolset on the next/and his first visit, but if you're not used to that at low levels by now you're not a CD player).

This is my official notice of me retiring from Castle Doctrine.  If the game completely/mostly dies in the next 5-6 months and there becomes a 100+ person demand for a harder to cheat reboot, someone send me a PM.  I will reconsider doing my version.

I would make mobile versions, do state on the server, better IP, Mac address, HwID, TPM  tracking, I will attract new players at launch with a large real money prize pool or something ($25k or something) like Jason did but bigger, of course I will have to charge for the new version of the game to recoup my attraction prize.  I would also smooth out the learning curve for the newbies.

I am too busy at my day job right now anyway, and I think my primary market of early adopters here are too entrenched in the idea that the issues I see are not really issues. I don't think you guys would come over to a better harder to cheat version right now even if it did exist, so why build it.  Only 17 people said yes. So if I am wrong and the game thrives (this is really a case where I hope to be wrong) then CD carries on as is, that is my hope. If not someone drop me a line, and we will see where I am at in life then.

Thanks guys, you are a smart group and this is a smart game.  I've enjoyed talking, sparring and learning from you all.

Best,

cullman

#2 2014-04-17 18:36:23

Cylence

Re: I'm out

Well you could count me in to bump that number to 18. Sorry to see ya go. Take care. And if you want to visit with your 2k lives, stop by Jensen's place smile.

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#3 2014-04-17 18:39:01

Lord0fHam

Sorry to see you go sad

It's a trap!

#4 2014-04-17 19:04:43

pagedMov

See ya around, man.

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

♪ Hello darkness, my old friend ♪

#5 2014-04-17 19:33:24

Blip

Sorry to see you go, cullman. You were a great player, and it always sucks when we lost one of our greats.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#6 2014-04-18 04:19:43

crazyace

Ah here we go again with cullman, the person who single handedly tried to ruin this game by spamming forums about cheaters constantly and bringing up so many fake problems and imaginary ideas. Now look he has to post he's quitting. LOL. Need more attention? He never had a house above $600 and could never resist 2k tools. Constantly blaming people when he sucks. Same crap every day. You called a forum spammer great. Good laughs. Good Riddens - Now new players won't be plagued with his BULLSHIT. The only donk to pay people because someone robbed his $400, $600 houses.

If you were so busy (which you say often in most forums) You wouldn't constantly write forum books about things that never even matter. You were just wasting peoples time and making the game look bad for new players. Turned a game about robbery into the vagina monologs.

edit: Jason Thanks You for all the multi accounts you helped him sell.

Last edited by crazyace (2014-04-18 04:43:15)

#7 2014-04-18 05:11:26

uncastlebar

crazyace wrote:

If he ist thinking that, what I dont believe, then it is a shot in his own foot.

Because these few multiacc buyer keeps players quiting and thousends of possibles new players away for this beautyfull little game.

#8 2014-04-18 06:09:11

poor

uncastlebar wrote:
crazyace wrote:

Just don't reply to him. I think he masturbates to it.

"Safety" is relative
Current life: None; I'm quite dead.

#9 2014-04-18 08:41:06

DaVinci243

crazyace wrote:

Ah here we go again with cullman, the person who single handedly tried to ruin this game by spamming forums about cheaters constantly and bringing up so many fake problems and imaginary ideas. Now look he has to post he's quitting. LOL. Need more attention? He never had a house above $600 and could never resist 2k tools. Constantly blaming people when he sucks. Same crap every day. You called a forum spammer great. Good laughs. Good Riddens - Now new players won't be plagued with his BULLSHIT. The only donk to pay people because someone robbed his $400, $600 houses.

If you were so busy (which you say often in most forums) You wouldn't constantly write forum books about things that never even matter. You were just wasting peoples time and making the game look bad for new players. Turned a game about robbery into the vagina monologs.

He had a 30 k $ house. I can confirm. Stop posting bs.

noob programmer haking on open-source game.

#10 2014-04-18 13:07:47

pagedMov

crazyace wrote:

Monologues*
And just because someone's house value was lower than yours, doesn't automatically mean he's bad at the game. You don't know; he could have spent 50k on upgrading his house and been left with <1k. And besides, just because someone has opinions and ideas doesn't mean that we should harass them every single time they open their mouth. To be honest, this board we be a much better place without you.

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

♪ Hello darkness, my old friend ♪

#11 2014-04-18 15:19:09

TheRealCheese

pagedMov wrote:
crazyace wrote:

*crazyace runs his mouth*

To be honest, this board we be a much better place without you.

Quoted for truth.

#12 2014-04-18 15:58:50

Lord0fHam

crazyace wrote:

You're just mad because he robbed you with only a ladder. Stop spewing bullshit to get attention.

It's a trap!

#13 2014-04-18 16:44:46

sergioG

I got this game a few days ago and was having tons of fun. I logged on to the forum tonight to see what occurs and all I read is about people cheating. As you read many of them it is the same 3 people creating most of the threads? Do you not read what people say? This cullman made me not want to play this game instantly as you see 30 forums about cheating. Tonight I no longer see a reason to play again.

You seem to quote and even attack the wrong person. Someone has to speak for the majority. After reading 18 pages of cullman fixing the world. What a Clown.

#14 2014-04-18 16:59:58

MMaster

sergioG wrote:

I got this game a few days ago and was having tons of fun. I logged on to the forum tonight to see what occurs and all I read is about people cheating. As you read many of them it is the same 3 people creating most of the threads? Do you not read what people say? This cullman made me not want to play this game instantly as you see 30 forums about cheating. Tonight I no longer see a reason to play again.

You seem to quote and even attack the wrong person. Someone has to speak for the majority. After reading 18 pages of cullman fixing the world. What a Clown.

This is what I was talking about. Don't worry man. Play the game! It's lot of fun. Even when some people abuse it. Play your game and don't watch others that are not good enough to handle it without cheating. Try to make it part of your game that some people have families, like mafia and they will cooperate. Believe me that it will still be fun. You will have hard feelings many times, but those are part of the game (with or without cheaters).

The game is about building a house and robbing other houses. If they rob your house it's opportunity to build better house. And you can still rob other houses and it's even more challenge for you then it is for them. And what? They play on very easy difficulty, you play on hard. Just don't mind them. You will have much better game!

#15 2014-04-18 17:10:17

Lord0fHam

sergioG wrote:

Please read all the bullshit and nonsensical gibberish that he posted in the past instead of this one thing before saying that and you will quickly realize how wrong you are.

It's a trap!

#16 2014-04-18 17:11:21

Lord0fHam

MMaster wrote:
sergioG wrote:

This is what I was talking about. Don't worry man. Play the game! It's lot of fun. Even when some people abuse it. Play your game and don't watch others that are not good enough to handle it without cheating. Try to make it part of your game that some people have families, like mafia and they will cooperate. Believe me that it will still be fun. You will have hard feelings many times, but those are part of the game (with or without cheaters).

The game is about building a house and robbing other houses. If they rob your house it's opportunity to build better house. And you can still rob other houses and it's even more challenge for you then it is for them. And what? They play on very easy difficulty, you play on hard. Just don't mind them. You will have much better game!

True words of wisdom.

It's a trap!

#17 2014-04-18 19:01:37

GotABigTrap

I don't think cheating is the problem.  I think its blown way out of proportion

#18 2014-04-19 00:03:01

tigey101

GotABigTrap wrote:

The worste part about the game/community isn't the people with dual accounts but all the people that bitch about it non-stop. Just get over it. The game is fun either way.

#19 2014-04-19 00:05:54

Lord0fHam

tigey101 wrote:
GotABigTrap wrote:

The worste part about the game/community isn't the people with dual accounts but all the people that bitch about it non-stop. Just get over it. The game is fun either way.

You deserve a gold plated olive branch. If there are dual accounter users, have a better time designing a more secure house.

It's a trap!

#20 2014-04-19 02:24:11

StefanLindskog

TheRealCheese wrote:
pagedMov wrote:
crazyace wrote:

*crazyace runs his mouth*

To be honest, this board we be a much better place without you.

Quoted for truth.

+1

Current life: Unknown

Rotary toggle switches... Sooooo sexy.

#21 2014-04-19 04:50:06

sergioG

tigey101 wrote:
GotABigTrap wrote:

Exactly. It is good to see a community united in hate. This forum was about cullman leaving, and that for a fact makes everyone better off. The rest of you seem to have deeper personal problems to continue this forum in this direction.

StefanLindskog's -1

Last edited by sergioG (2014-04-19 12:38:29)

#22 2014-04-19 12:10:50

Lord0fHam

sergioG, 99% sure you are crazy ace's second forum account.

It's a trap!

#23 2014-04-19 12:36:38

sergioG

Lord0fHam wrote:

sergioG, 99% sure you are crazy ace's second forum account.

Proof that extremely paranoid people play this game. Do I win the prize since you are 100% wrong? Lord0fHam is on the list of cheaters. Enough said.

#24 2014-04-19 12:43:39

Lord0fHam

Oh no! I'm on some random guy's list of cheaters! Fear me world!

It's a trap!

#25 2014-04-19 13:23:20

gyuri

This might be the stupidest thread ever. Don't feed any of them trolls.

Board footer