The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-17 21:12:11

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

someone saw the cat

gg to the first one who ever saw the cat on the right end of Earl John Mitchell's house big_smile

suicide runner are flowing since the last week but you're the first one who got that far.

that cat was really in need for some attention big_smile


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

#2 2014-04-17 21:58:27

Blip
Member
Registered: 2013-05-07
Posts: 505

Re: someone saw the cat

C'est moi!


Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

Offline

#3 2014-04-18 06:40:26

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

Re: someone saw the cat

so... you've mapped half of the house... and i don't know if you've managed to open the door by luck or you actually did it on purpose.

have fun with the rest of the house, i'll keep leaving gift for you big_smile



btw... did you took out all the others top houses?

it's just Scott, me and Vasquez above 50k...

Last edited by mala (2014-04-18 07:46:09)


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

#4 2014-04-18 10:26:25

MMaster
Member
Registered: 2014-02-12
Posts: 325

Re: someone saw the cat

mala wrote:

so... you've mapped half of the house... and i don't know if you've managed to open the door by luck or you actually did it on purpose.

have fun with the rest of the house, i'll keep leaving gift for you big_smile



btw... did you took out all the others top houses?

it's just Scott, me and Vasquez above 50k...

He took down most of the top houses. I finished Ronald John Smith with something around $46k. After that all of the houses left (other than 3 of us) had less than $30k.


...

Offline

#5 2014-04-18 11:15:17

Blip
Member
Registered: 2013-05-07
Posts: 505

Re: someone saw the cat

The plan right now is to rob Mitchell, then use that money to rob Vasquez and Scott. So watch out...

Edit: Plan's changed. Hopefully I won't have to worry about Scott ever again.

Edit 2: To explain that tape to a probably very confused Vasquez, I completely forgot I had brought more than one ladder, or any explosives, because I had initially planned on bringing no explosives and just 1 ladder. So that's why I went around wrecking things for no reason: I though I was trapped and wanted to get rid of tools so you wouldn't get them. When I looked and saw that I had a ladder, I was very, very glad.
By the way, guessing your dance/combo thing was pure, crazy luck, but I also knew that it was only a 3 bit lock, then assumed you didn't go for the 1,3 combo, and assumed that the dance was hooked up to the lock in the way it actually turned out to be. By that logic, my odds weren't actually too low, and anyways, I had enough explosives to bypass it anyways (even though I forgot I had them at the time tongue).

Last edited by Blip (2014-04-18 12:02:52)


Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

Offline

#6 2014-04-18 13:46:16

gyuri
Member
Registered: 2013-07-09
Posts: 231

Re: someone saw the cat

Blip, why don't you stream? I'd love to watch you robbing.

Offline

#7 2014-04-18 14:21:15

MMaster
Member
Registered: 2014-02-12
Posts: 325

Re: someone saw the cat

Blip wrote:

The plan right now is to rob Mitchell, then use that money to rob Vasquez and Scott. So watch out...

Edit: Plan's changed. Hopefully I won't have to worry about Scott ever again.

Edit 2: To explain that tape to a probably very confused Vasquez, I completely forgot I had brought more than one ladder, or any explosives, because I had initially planned on bringing no explosives and just 1 ladder. So that's why I went around wrecking things for no reason: I though I was trapped and wanted to get rid of tools so you wouldn't get them. When I looked and saw that I had a ladder, I was very, very glad.
By the way, guessing your dance/combo thing was pure, crazy luck, but I also knew that it was only a 3 bit lock, then assumed you didn't go for the 1,3 combo, and assumed that the dance was hooked up to the lock in the way it actually turned out to be. By that logic, my odds weren't actually too low, and anyways, I had enough explosives to bypass it anyways (even though I forgot I had them at the time tongue).

I hoped it was you, because otherwise I would be really confused how the robber knew where to go smile You had enough tools to break it! (how is that possible? big_smile ) Congrats!


...

Offline

#8 2014-04-18 15:18:24

Blip
Member
Registered: 2013-05-07
Posts: 505

Re: someone saw the cat

MMaster wrote:

I hoped it was you, because otherwise I would be really confused how the robber knew where to go smile You had enough tools to break it! (how is that possible? big_smile ) Congrats!

Well, you didn't change anything, to my knowledge, other than adding a sticky switch at the end of the cat path. And those tools were courtesy of Mr. Vasquez.

gyuri wrote:

Blip, why don't you stream? I'd love to watch you robbing.

My internet is so slow, that I can barely watch Twitch streams at low quality, let along stream my own. I am considering starting a TCD-oriented YouTube channel though, but I'm not sure if I have enough content for it.


Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

Offline

#9 2014-04-18 16:38:05

MMaster
Member
Registered: 2014-02-12
Posts: 325

Re: someone saw the cat

Blip wrote:
MMaster wrote:

I hoped it was you, because otherwise I would be really confused how the robber knew where to go smile You had enough tools to break it! (how is that possible? big_smile ) Congrats!

Well, you didn't change anything, to my knowledge, other than adding a sticky switch at the end of the cat path. And those tools were courtesy of Mr. Vasquez.

I didn't think you would try that path again as first time you robbed me, you said that you thought I changed my vault location and that's why you went the other way. I didn't think you would go up third time in a row (and I was almost sure you will not go for the exact same spot again). I was wrong.


...

Offline

#10 2014-04-18 16:46:49

Blip
Member
Registered: 2013-05-07
Posts: 505

Re: someone saw the cat

MMaster wrote:

I didn't think you would try that path again as first time you robbed me, you said that you thought I changed my vault location and that's why you went the other way. I didn't think you would go up third time in a row (and I was almost sure you will not go for the exact same spot again). I was wrong.

Well, that first time I assumed that, as you had been legitimately robbed, you would move your vault location. Last time I robbed you, you claimed that I had just found an error in your trap (which I did do). I knew that all you would do would fix the error, assuming that your trap, now fixed, could hold me off. You didn't count on an incredibly lucrative string of chain robberies to give me 23 crowbars. wink


Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

Offline

#11 2014-04-18 18:24:33

GotABigTrap
Member
Registered: 2014-02-26
Posts: 200

Re: someone saw the cat

Lmao I was Vasquez.  I worried it would be THAT easy, but I suppose you did come fairly well tooled.  I cannot believe you guessed the lock/dance! bravo bravo Fejardo.

Offline

#12 2014-04-19 05:54:16

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

Re: someone saw the cat

Blip wrote:

C'est moi!

i guess you're C.W.Shoenfeld


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

#13 2014-04-19 14:08:09

Blip
Member
Registered: 2013-05-07
Posts: 505

Re: someone saw the cat

mala wrote:
Blip wrote:

C'est moi!

i guess you're C.W.Shoenfeld

Actually, after my robberies, I did something very dumb. I wanted to go get a snack, but on the way, I decided to pet one of my cats for a bit. When I had finally gotten my snack and returned, I had idled out of my house. Shoenfeld took at least $70k from my empty house. tongue


Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

Offline

#14 2014-04-19 14:11:26

Blip
Member
Registered: 2013-05-07
Posts: 505

Re: someone saw the cat

mala, did you break the previous correct path? Because I just died from trying the same solution...

Also, I just died like a dumb idiot in Cutler's place. Walking directly onto an activated electric floor was not a wise (nor intentional) choice, and Cutler now has about $20k more in tools. tongue It seems like my hijinks have become the TCD wildcard, giving random people gifts of lots of money, tools, or paintings.

Last edited by Blip (2014-04-19 14:28:36)


Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

Offline

#15 2014-04-19 14:30:26

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

Re: someone saw the cat

Blip wrote:

mala, did you break the previous correct path? Because I just died from trying the same solution...

here's a post from another thread

mala wrote:

i've adopted a funny way to deal with chain robbers and every other robbers as far as i can tell.

My house project is made so that in some areas i can swap the power flow direction, thus house solution, by just moving a couple of wires/walls.
Each day i trow a couple of dice to randomly decide the "state" of those areas (north/south, east/west, on/off, etc.) so that you cannot trust the solution you've found so far.

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

and by the way... i've just made it a little bit more interesting
as you can see C.W. Shoenfeld is gone, and now i'm topping the list with over 100K big_smile

3BRWAQW.png



edit. lol while i was writing this post, i've had 7 attempt on my house and 4 death, everything in less than 5mn big_smile

Last edited by mala (2014-04-19 14:31:44)


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

#16 2014-04-19 14:32:09

GotABigTrap
Member
Registered: 2014-02-26
Posts: 200

Re: someone saw the cat

Saws don't work on cats.  You'll need a brick or club.

Offline

#17 2014-04-19 14:36:12

Lord0fHam
Member
From: California
Registered: 2014-02-11
Posts: 487

Re: someone saw the cat

did someone (Blip) "liberate" okeefe's paintings or did he just die?


It's a trap!

Offline

#18 2014-04-19 14:44:32

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

Re: someone saw the cat

Blip wrote:

Actually, after my robberies, I did something very dumb. I wanted to go get a snack, but on the way, I decided to pet one of my cats for a bit. When I had finally gotten my snack and returned, I had idled out of my house. Shoenfeld took at least $70k from my empty house. tongue

That's why there was that kind of money inside... 

actually i've spent too much money to rob him, i could have done it with a lot less, had i took a crawbar on the second run i would have made it, but i had to return thus wasting almost 10k more.
It was an 8 step clock with TONS of electric floor, once powered up, all i needed was water.


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

#19 2014-04-19 14:50:48

Blip
Member
Registered: 2013-05-07
Posts: 505

Re: someone saw the cat

Lord0fHam wrote:

did someone (Blip) "liberate" okeefe's paintings or did he just die?

Yeah... I "liberated" his paintings and "donated" his tools to Cutler. May I request that somebody take Cutler down ASAP?

Last edited by Blip (2014-04-19 14:51:31)


Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

Offline

#20 2014-04-19 14:52:07

Lord0fHam
Member
From: California
Registered: 2014-02-11
Posts: 487

Re: someone saw the cat

no no, i mean did you rob okeefe? his paintings are in auction right now.


It's a trap!

Offline

#21 2014-04-19 15:09:08

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

Re: someone saw the cat

Blip wrote:

Yeah... I "liberated" his paintings and "donated" his tools to Cutler. May I request that somebody take Cutler down ASAP?

well... he's next in line for the throne so... big_smile


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

#22 2014-04-19 15:10:25

Blip
Member
Registered: 2013-05-07
Posts: 505

Re: someone saw the cat

Lord0fHam wrote:

no no, i mean did you rob okeefe? his paintings are in auction right now.

I did. Then I died, placing his paintings in auction.


Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

Offline

#23 2014-04-19 15:19:52

Lord0fHam
Member
From: California
Registered: 2014-02-11
Posts: 487

Re: someone saw the cat

oh, i didn't see your edit.


It's a trap!

Offline

#24 2014-04-19 17:20:25

Blip
Member
Registered: 2013-05-07
Posts: 505

Re: someone saw the cat

I have the strangest worry right now, as my current plan is to rob mala and use the 100k or so to build my new house...
Because I'll probably actually solve his house (I feel like I'm sooooo close), it won't be hard for him to get more money from bounties in his still-funtional house and return with a vengeance.


Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

Offline

#25 2014-04-19 17:34:27

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

Re: someone saw the cat

Blip wrote:

I have the strangest worry right now, as my current plan is to rob mala and use the 100k or so to build my new house...
Because I'll probably actually solve his house (I feel like I'm sooooo close), it won't be hard for him to get more money from bounties in his still-funtional house and return with a vengeance.

as far as i can tell you've mapped the top half of my house, unless you're disconnect scouting me you didn't get past the cat, so you've still got some work to do.
Beside i'm gonna keep messing with the wiring in order to mess with you big_smile

Last edited by mala (2014-04-19 17:41:24)


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB 1.5.8