The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-17 18:56:11

Cylence

To the visitors of Stephen Thomas Geyer [spoiler alert p3]

I've been house sitting until the owner gets back, however the owner notified me of his retirement from a life of thievery and moved away. This house will be unedited until someone breaks it (and maybe not even after). It currently houses the whole RYB set for whoever does.

Edit: changed title to include spoiler alert.

Last edited by Cylence (2014-05-22 21:04:54)

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#2 2014-04-18 17:30:37

Blip

Re: To the visitors of Stephen Thomas Geyer [spoiler alert p3]

I'm assuming the vault is no longer located in the bottom left, and that the dog/cat lockout in the middle of the house is the only passage between the first and second sections of the house. I should be scouting the top area of the first half soon.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#3 2014-04-18 20:29:59

Cylence

Have fun. smile

#4 2014-04-19 17:15:54

Blip

Gotcha!

As for Jensen, I'm saving that robbery for after I get Mitchell, which shouldn't be too long. Then I'll have a house where I can once again showcase the full Dermatillomanian set!

Last edited by Blip (2014-04-19 18:02:18)

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#5 2014-04-21 13:33:42

Cylence

Blip wrote:

Gotcha!

As for Jensen, I'm saving that robbery for after I get Mitchell, which shouldn't be too long. Then I'll have a house where I can once again showcase the full Dermatillomanian set!

Gratz Blip. I just got back from a vaca and saw this post. Told my friend the original vault location got broken, and we'll watch the tapes together later today. He told me he's still not gonna play again though sad

How did you like the house? It was one of my earlier designs. I still like the entrance, however I don't like the end section too much. It took up too much space. I may release the design of it later if I can't convince my friend to come back. I'm sure his wife still has some money if he wants to continue. Oh wait, hmm... actually don't know if his wife is alive at all. I'll know later today.

As far as Jensen goes, I'm still working on the house, any tool donations will be greatly accepted. smile

#6 2014-04-21 14:23:25

pagedMov

Yeah, just robbed Geyer for like 11k using just one drugged meat. It was pretty satisfying because that entrance trap was just... ugh.

EDIT: Just robbed him again for 8k. Where the hell did all that come from?

Last edited by pagedMov (2014-04-21 15:06:54)

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

♪ Hello darkness, my old friend ♪

#7 2014-04-21 15:43:17

Cylence

Blip,
My friend and I just checked the tapes. You came in well tooled, unsure of what lay after the dogs. Then pretty much bruteforced through the rest to get there. Gratz. He's still done sad. However, he felt better after seeing how many tools it took you to get to the far vault location. He no longer thinks you're hacking the map.

pagedMov wrote:

Yeah, just robbed Geyer for like 11k using just one drugged meat. It was pretty satisfying because that entrance trap was just... ugh.

pagedMov
So after Blip robbed it, there were 16 deaths after.

Then, you came in with your alt scout (Gary James Newsome) found the vault, suicided with a ladder, and made the death toll to 17, then your main (James Michael Henley) robbed it for $11150.

THEN... after that, Kenneth C. Schultz came in and died with a $6100 bounty. Then, James Brian Jackson died with a $2300 bounty. Then you came back in with your main account and grabbed up $8899.

I know for sure you have one alt account, however I'm not sure if you have others and were passing a bounties off. If you were transferring you went to a lot of trouble to hide it. So I seriously doubt it. I'm guessing the other two deaths were people who knew the house to be a broken one and went to go map it out and check for the vault, but ended up dying in areas they had no idea that could kill them.

So... this is officially my second account now, since I've given up trying to get my friend back in it. However, I don't plan on taking advantage of it just yet or even if I will (not sure where I stand on alt accounts for myself personally). The house still has plenty of places to hide a vault. So I just moved the vault and repaired the damage. It still has at least a $4k listing and should attract some more people again. It will probably just sit and grow money while I concentrate on Jensen.

Edit: bolded pagedMov's name.

Last edited by Cylence (2014-04-21 15:44:11)

#8 2014-04-21 16:01:04

Cylence

Also, pagedMov,

What didn't you like about the entrance?

#9 2014-04-21 16:16:34

pagedMov

Cylence wrote:

Blip,
My friend and I just checked the tapes. You came in well tooled, unsure of what lay after the dogs. Then pretty much bruteforced through the rest to get there. Gratz. He's still done sad. However, he felt better after seeing how many tools it took you to get to the far vault location. He no longer thinks you're hacking the map.

pagedMov wrote:

pagedMov
So after Blip robbed it, there were 16 deaths after.

Then, you came in with your alt scout (Gary James Newsome) found the vault, suicided with a ladder, and made the death toll to 17, then your main (James Michael Henley) robbed it for $11150.

THEN... after that, Kenneth C. Schultz came in and died with a $6100 bounty. Then, James Brian Jackson died with a $2300 bounty. Then you came back in with your main account and grabbed up $8899.

I know for sure you have one alt account, however I'm not sure if you have others and were passing a bounties off. If you were transferring you went to a lot of trouble to hide it. So I seriously doubt it. I'm guessing the other two deaths were people who knew the house to be a broken one and went to go map it out and check for the vault, but ended up dying in areas they had no idea that could kill them.

So... this is officially my second account now, since I've given up trying to get my friend back in it. However, I don't plan on taking advantage of it just yet or even if I will (not sure where I stand on alt accounts for myself personally). The house still has plenty of places to hide a vault. So I just moved the vault and repaired the damage. It still has at least a $4k listing and should attract some more people again. It will probably just sit and grow money while I concentrate on Jensen.

Edit: bolded pagedMov's name.

Yes, I do have one alt, mostly used for scouting, but bounty transfers aren't really fun to me, so I never really do them.

Cylence wrote:

Also, pagedMov,

What didn't you like about the entrance?

It was complicated to me, I never really figured out how you were supposed to progress.

EDIT: The house is fixed! Damn, I was just about to steal some more from it..

Last edited by pagedMov (2014-04-21 16:18:38)

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

#10 2014-04-21 16:27:32

Cylence

pagedMov wrote:

It was complicated to me, I never really figured out how you were supposed to progress.

I may be compromising the security of my own (jensen) entrance, but I'll give you a little hint. You have to send the cat across. You can play and experiment until you can fully understand how the cat works, but it won't cost any lives. You can play with the cat without releasing the top dog. Stop by with your alt scout and see if you can progress throughout the house. smile

#11 2014-04-21 17:06:25

pagedMov

Cylence wrote:
pagedMov wrote:

I may be compromising the security of my own (jensen) entrance, but I'll give you a little hint. You have to send the cat across. You can play and experiment until you can fully understand how the cat works, but it won't cost any lives. You can play with the cat without releasing the top dog. Stop by with your alt scout and see if you can progress throughout the house. smile

Just tried your entrance with my alt, and died due to a misclick. My original plan was to walk onto the trapdoor which is closed because of the powered floor, and then throw a brick at the first switch to keep the trap door closed, then see what was next to the other switch but I pressed right accidentally.

#12 2014-04-21 17:10:59

Cylence

Cylence wrote:

...Kenneth C. Schultz came in and died with a $6100 bounty. Then, James Brian Jackson died with a $2300 bounty...

Anybody in the forum attempt this house only to die with large bounties?

#13 2014-04-21 17:18:20

Cylence

pagedMov wrote:

Just tried your entrance with my alt, and died due to a misclick. My original plan was to walk onto the trapdoor which is closed because of the powered floor, and then throw a brick at the first switch to keep the trap door closed, then see what was next to the other switch but I pressed right accidentally.

Weird to hear you say "your entrance." Guess I'm not use to having actual ownership of the Geyer house yet.
Anyway, I wasn't sure if you meant you visited Jensen or Geyer.

#14 2014-04-21 17:29:04

pagedMov

Cylence wrote:
pagedMov wrote:

Weird to hear you say "your entrance." Guess I'm not use to having actual ownership of the Geyer house yet.
Anyway, I wasn't sure if you meant you visited Jensen or Geyer.

I visited Jensen's place

#15 2014-04-21 20:17:15

TheRealCheese

I died recently in there with a life that was a few days old, so might have been the 6k or 2k bounty. Came in without tools, knowing the house was broken, mistakingly thinking it was also safe just to die on an electric floor right after the cat/dog transfer entrance.

#16 2014-04-21 21:16:08

Cylence

TheRealCheese wrote:

I died recently in there with a life that was a few days old, so might have been the 6k or 2k bounty. Came in without tools, knowing the house was broken, mistakingly thinking it was also safe just to die on an electric floor right after the cat/dog transfer entrance.

Ah. I think you were Kenneth C. Schultz and had a $6100 bounty. He died RIGHT AFTER the entrance. The $2300 bounty robber died a few more yards from you but went a little further down. Thanks for letting me know smile. My suspicions were right. Hope your character didn't have too much investment.

pagedMov wrote:

I visited Jensen's place

I double checked my tapes and looks like you've visited both. smile
I'll put up a page for Jensen's place. I'd like to keep this thread specifically for Geyer.

#17 2014-04-21 21:20:28

TheRealCheese

Cylence wrote:

Hope your character didn't have too much investment.

How much is too much investment? I had a house headed for the halls of fame, I am pretty sure. No-one had gotten past the first trap and the rest of the house was developing nicely. But putting too much thought in what was lost in this game leads down a dark path.

#18 2014-04-21 21:53:38

Cylence

TheRealCheese wrote:
Cylence wrote:

Hope your character didn't have too much investment.

How much is too much investment? I had a house headed for the halls of fame, I am pretty sure. No-one had gotten past the first trap and the rest of the house was developing nicely. But putting too much thought in what was lost in this game leads down a dark path.

Well, I guess a large investment would be having your house 50% complete (100% would be your final build with fancy walls and all, and only allowing for changes to deter scouts). But yeah, definitely don't want to go down a dark path.

#19 2014-04-24 14:17:52

Cylence

To the person who flipped the dog around in the southern section. That's the longest amount of steps anyone has lasted down there. Gratz.

#20 2014-04-25 01:12:25

Cylence

It has been a while since we've had a malfunction with our recording equipment.
If Mr. Savage could please let us know how he enjoyed his stay at the Geyer residence, we can make improvements and adjustments to the accommodations for future guests.

OT36Wu0.jpg

#21 2014-04-30 09:02:57

Pumaroma

So is this house still being babysat? I just robbed it for quite a bit and now it has been reset.

#22 2014-04-30 09:05:12

Cylence

Congrats to Robert Thomas Morris. He found north west vault location, and got a cool $28k.

The vault has now moved again, and there is still a house value of 12k.

No real structural changes for those who have been visiting regularly, just a vault move.

#23 2014-04-30 09:07:21

Cylence

Pumaroma wrote:

So is this house still being babysat? I just robbed it for quite a bit and now it has been reset.

You were writing your reply at the same time I was. smile
Yeah, I'm just leaving the house up till all the vault locations have been found. Still got a few more left. This house should be up until all of them are found, or I make a mistake with a self test.

Edit: grammar

Last edited by Cylence (2014-04-30 09:08:16)

#24 2014-04-30 10:08:30

Pumaroma

Well good to know. Glad I got a piece of it on what I would consider to be an easy vault location big_smile

#25 2014-04-30 10:47:47

Cylence

Pumaroma wrote:

Well good to know. Glad I got a piece of it on what I would consider to be an easy vault location big_smile

After you understand how to go north (a lot of people haven't yet), there's 2 50/50 flips that you got right there. The first is the when you see the cat on the left, if you don't move straight up, he'll lock the door on you. The second is after the leap, whether you head north or east.

You are actually the only person who has gone in that direction since I've taken over the house. smile That's why I moved it there. It had 70 kills before someone even checked that route. I knew someone was gonna go there, just a mater of when. I'm surprised it lasted so long.

We'll see how long this new location lasts.

Board footer