The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-18 23:10:46

DaVinci243

Cheaters

It would be ironic in some point for me to whine about cheaters probably, but yeah.

A guy just came into my house, robbed me blind with no tools w/e even hesitating. ( it was a magic-dance )

And then I realized when I checked his name. He stole around 4000$ with 2 paintings and when I checked his name it wasn't there.

But the paintings are not in auction.

This eliminates some cases:

1. He died on somebody else's house.

2. He couldn't build a proper house. ( it was so fast. I quickly checked his name.)

------

So maybe there are some kind of dual-accounting cheaters also.

Point of this? I don't know.

Last edited by DaVinci243 (2014-04-18 23:12:47)

noob programmer haking on open-source game.

#2 2014-04-19 07:53:01

Kimenzar

Re: Cheaters

Or his other account robbed him to hide his crime.

#3 2014-04-19 08:41:02

DaVinci243

Kimenzar wrote:

Or his other account robbed him to hide his crime.

Your idea is true because I found his name later, and he had 0$ w/e no paintings.

#4 2014-04-19 09:26:44

BoxDrunken

This happened to me a wail Back, SOoOo Shortly after he robs you he's going to go "open" in his house. Then robbing him with his main killing the wife and walking right up to the Vault, they do this when tehy are ready at that second to jump on the alternate account 5 mins after they leave the house. IF your ready and fast you can rob it before he does and then at least get half of your stuff back, I was able to chain rob the guy and get half he then was stealing back that half wail i killed the wife and got the other half it was a violent back and forth robbing state of affair but in the end I lost my painting and half my money but I hey it happens. Same thing happened to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwWiWnT-DH8

#5 2014-04-19 09:28:41

colorfusion

If you checked quickly then the chances are that they was still building their house, otherwise somebody else might have just robbed them. Don't know how many other people tried and failed to your house or how hard your house is, but no tool runs aren't too uncommon and usually "hesitating" (by which I assume you mean just walking back and forth a bit) in a magic dance house isn't the best idea.

People seem to be calling anyone who solves their house a cheater at this point, without any actual evidence. The game is designed so that every house is vulnerable, it should never be a surprise when you get robbed.

They could be a cheater, but I don't see anything to really indicate that they are.

Last edited by colorfusion (2014-04-19 10:18:16)

#6 2014-04-19 10:01:47

Shacklebolts

colorfusion wrote:

If you checked quickly then the chances are that they was still building their house, or maybe somebody else robbed them. Don't know how many other people tried and failed to your house or how hard your house is, but no tool runs aren't too uncommon and usually "hesitating" (by which I assume you mean just walking back and forth a bit) in a magic dance house isn't the best idea.

People seem to be calling anyone who solves their house a cheater at this point, without any actual evidence. The game is designed so that every house is vulnerable.

They could be a cheater, but I don't see anything to really indicate that they are.

I agree here. Everytime it seems these days someone get's broken into, it is because of duel accounts, or something cheating in general. I've had people that have broken into my lovely little home, but in the same turnaround, it has killed far many more people than I've been robbed, so its all good there.
No tools or not, there are some people who just get god awefully lucky, but then you have some people who rob all the time, the trials and tricks we think are so cleaver, they've seen before probably hundreds of times.

#7 2014-04-19 10:24:19

iceman
Website

Yeah, there's a LOT of explanations other than cheating.  He could've still been on his 5 minute grace period, he could've returned straight to his house and tried to edit it, someone might have robbed him before either of you got in (not likely, but still, possible).

When you said he had $0 and no paintings, I'm guessing his house was empty as well? (Otherwise, there's no chance of it being cheating)  That still has a likely explanation- he robbed you, then decided he could rush another house in his 5 minute cooldown.  He took too long in that house, though, so someone else noticed a 4k 0/0 house, entered it, and got everything from him.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#8 2014-04-19 12:45:17

DaVinci243

Yeah possible.

#9 2014-04-19 21:45:50

TheRealCheese

A few days ago I did my starting 2k robbery on a house that had a single painting and around 4.5k for me to build for. I was then robbed by a 2k robber who was then right after (I can only speculate on this) robbed by someone else, because the painting showed up in that third parties house. Don't know if it was a dual account thing or what it was, but my value was too low for the 2k robber to be interested in anything but the painting. Which seems a weird way to start a new life.

#10 2014-04-21 19:48:57

tigerbalm immunity

i robbed the lighthouse painting in such a fashion.  i was the 2k robber who robbed you.  either that or i was the 2k robber who robbed the next guy. but i got robbed soon after.  smile

i got only $675 from the robbery aside from the lighthouse, so obviously my house was very weak. i used a sneaky but easily defeated line of sight trap.  if i 'd had time to stay vigilant i could have made improvements, but i had to work and so the house killed a starter kit who brought no cutter and then gave a painting to the next 2ker who did. 

the guy who robbed me had only about 1300 to build with, and he did set his house, but later that day i saw the painting back in auction

(edit for grammar)

Last edited by tigerbalm immunity (2014-04-21 19:50:12)

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

#11 2014-04-21 20:24:14

TheRealCheese

So it was more a case of people being stupid because of a painting rather than any double account exploit wink

#12 2014-04-21 20:35:50

tigerbalm immunity

that and when you're chilled out of anything over 2k you take what you can get, even if it's just for the thrill.

definitely no dual accounting at play here, though.

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

Board footer