The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-04-19 17:38:58

Blip

Re: someone saw the cat

mala wrote:

as far as i can tell you've mapped the top half of my house, unless you're disconnect scouting me you didn't get past the cat, so you've still got some work to do.
Beside i'm gonna keep messing with my house in order to mess with you big_smile

From that comment, I think you've been moving your vault up to the top of your house sometimes just to trip me up. And I know how to get past the cat, just got surprised by a house change this last attempt. I think I have about 1/5 chance of getting your vault on any given run about now...

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#27 2014-04-20 04:12:56

mala

Blip wrote:
mala wrote:

as far as i can tell you've mapped the top half of my house, unless you're disconnect scouting me you didn't get past the cat, so you've still got some work to do.
Beside i'm gonna keep messing with my house in order to mess with you big_smile

From that comment, I think you've been moving your vault up to the top of your house sometimes just to trip me up.

i've thought about that, but i think it's useless until i have proof you can go past a certain point.
With 2k runners you can't do much to the system, and i can hold them back with some slight changes to the wiring.

If you want to come in with your main you'll have to force your way through since you cannot verify what's changed before giving it a try big_smile

Blip wrote:

And I know how to get past the cat. I think I have about 1/5 chance of getting your vault on any given run about now...

i really hope i'm not missing something here...
i take the chance to reiterate the cop/disconnect issue, informations are all we have to protect what's ours (and that's the claim of the game) they can't be denied so easily.

Not saying you're doing it Blip, just saying that it can be done (i get 2-3 1step death per day), my brother is disconnect scouting an house, he is really close to the vault and the owner has no idea he's ever got past the initial trap... pretty unfair.

Last edited by mala (2014-04-20 04:17:31)

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#28 2014-04-20 07:43:01

mala

... and what happened to Scott? did he died?

Last edited by mala (2014-04-20 08:05:37)

Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#29 2014-04-20 08:08:32

MMaster

mala wrote:

an what happened to Scott? did he died?

Not yet wink It's almost 2 months since he appeared in neighborhood and he was holding the 1st place 4 times. I'm not sure if I want to let him die. Blip did obliterate his place so he can't fix it easily. I would really like him to survive just to make Blip pissed smile

I don't have new house designed yet. I'm still trying to figure out something new. I currently don't have time to play the game so we will see later what will be the destiny of David Michael Scott.

#30 2014-04-20 11:23:09

Blip

mala wrote:

If you want to come in with your main you'll have to force your way through since you cannot verify what's changed before giving it a try big_smile

Blip wrote:

And I know how to get past the cat. I think I have about 1/5 chance of getting your vault on any given run about now...

i really hope i'm not missing something here...
i take the chance to reiterate the cop/disconnect issue, informations are all we have to protect what's ours (and that's the claim of the game) they can't be denied so easily.

Not saying you're doing it Blip, just saying that it can be done (i get 2-3 1step death per day), my brother is disconnect scouting an house, he is really close to the vault and the owner has no idea he's ever got past the initial trap... pretty unfair.

I currently don't have a main - I only have two robbery/scout accounts. My "main" will become whichever one gets your 100k. tongue
Also, I haven't been disconnect scouting - I'm just very clever and very experienced. I've only reached the cat once or twice, but from what I've scouted I know how to pass it.

MMaster wrote:

It's almost 2 months since he appeared in neighborhood and he was holding the 1st place 4 times. I'm not sure if I want to let him die. Blip did obliterate his place so he can't fix it easily. I would really like him to survive just to make Blip pissed smile

I wasted 23 crowbars to make sure that you would never recover. Just die already, please.

Last edited by Blip (2014-04-20 11:23:17)

#31 2014-04-20 11:29:39

mala

Blip wrote:
MMaster wrote:

It's almost 2 months since he appeared in neighborhood and he was holding the 1st place 4 times. I'm not sure if I want to let him die. Blip did obliterate his place so he can't fix it easily. I would really like him to survive just to make Blip pissed smile

I wasted 23 crowbars to make sure that you would never recover. Just die already, please.

Rotfl big_smile

#32 2014-04-20 12:02:34

jere

Have only played once or twice in the past few months. Decided to do a little chain robbing for fun. Took out Jeffreys for like $19k, then Mitchell with that.

Left a $70k gift to Cutler because I don't have time to build a house.

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#33 2014-04-20 12:05:44

MMaster

jere wrote:

Have only played once or twice in the past few months. Decided to do a little chain robbing for fun. Took out Jeffreys for like $19k, then Mitchell with that.

Left a $70k gift to Cutler because I don't have time to build a house.

Good to see you here again! smile

#34 2014-04-20 12:11:09

jere

Yes! I'm glad to return. Sorry my visits are so destructive. smile Actually, I think I just got lucky on my run today. I tried a few days ago and failed to rob like any of 20+ houses. I was commenting to myself that the houses seemed to have gotten much, much better.

House defense requires a huge time investment, but if you limit yourself to robbing it can be quite the coffee break game!

#35 2014-04-20 12:12:45

MMaster

Back to the topic:

mala, now that you are robbed.. why was the cat so important that you wrote a thread about it?

#36 2014-04-20 12:13:32

Blip

jere wrote:

Yes! I'm glad to return. Sorry my visits are so destructive. smile Actually, I think I just got lucky on my run today. I tried a few days ago and failed to rob like any of 20+ houses. I was commenting to myself that the houses seemed to have gotten much, much better.

House defense requires a huge time investment, but if you limit yourself to robbing it can be quite the coffee break game!

I may have caused some natural selection by robbing every house over $10k in which I didn't run into a magic dance or a combo lock. tongue

It's great to see you back, jere.

MMaster wrote:

Back to the topic:

mala, now that you are robbed.. why was the cat so important that you wrote a thread about it?

The cat did the same thing yours did, I think. It activated at least one, maybe more door traps. I came up with a way past it, which I didn't get to use, that involved laddering down one tile when I saw the cat, so it would walk up and die in a pit.
Now I guess I'll have to rob Cutler... I have a pretty crazy design planned, that costs about $97k, which I'll set up afterwords (maybe).

Last edited by Blip (2014-04-20 12:16:47)

#37 2014-04-20 12:15:50

jere

Ah. You're probably also the reason I was able to get Mitchell because your theory was correct:

From that comment, I think you've been moving your vault up to the top of your house sometimes just to trip me up.

#38 2014-04-20 12:18:45

Blip

jere wrote:

Ah. You're probably also the reason I was able to get Mitchell because your theory was correct:

I'm just sad that I didn't get to rob Mitchell with $2k. I think I could have later today once my chills wore off. I had nearly his whole place mapped, including areas to look out for when they changed.

#39 2014-04-20 14:59:03

mala

Blip wrote:

The cat did the same thing yours did, I think. It activated at least one, maybe more door traps. I came up with a way past it, which I didn't get to use, that involved laddering down one tile when I saw the cat, so it would walk up and die in a pit.
Now I guess I'll have to rob Cutler... I have a pretty crazy design planned, that costs about $97k, which I'll set up afterwords (maybe).

congrats blip big_smile

i'll post house map soon, i was aware of that particular exploit (ladder after being seen by cat) that's why i moved the vault again, i shouldn't have linked the two paths and maybe i would have held you back for another couple of days.

well time for a break, gg again Blip, i will seek vengeance big_smile

#40 2014-04-20 15:02:00

Lord0fHam

it wasn't blip, it was jere.

It's a trap!

#41 2014-04-20 15:11:13

jere

gg again Blip, i will seek vengeance

Yes, Blip. It was Blip. Yes. wink

#42 2014-04-20 16:44:52

mala

jere wrote:

gg again Blip, i will seek vengeance

Yes, Blip. It was Blip. Yes. wink

auch, that's why you went straight there...

Blip was the only one who was scouting my house (beside 2k's), i've moved the vault to mess with his last try but i wasn't expecting a new serious robber this evening... kinda unlucky.

than i guess i'll put the vault back in place and have a little more fun with it before posting the map big_smile

i've noticed that my paintings are already back at the auction

Last edited by mala (2014-04-20 17:23:32)

#43 2014-04-21 06:01:12

mala

well... back on the track, thanks to a tag team with my brother we robbed Jackson, now it's time to correct some flaws and regain what's mine big_smile

back at 1st place in less than 24h... waiting for you folks...

Last edited by mala (2014-04-21 11:58:54)

#44 2014-04-21 15:49:15

Lord0fHam

actually, i'm in first right now with a little over 50k, my house is just in stealth mode for now cause I'm busy.

It's a trap!

#45 2014-04-21 17:09:46

mala

Lord0fHam wrote:

actually, i'm in first right now with a little over 50k, my house is just in stealth mode for now cause I'm busy.

what's that?

#46 2014-04-21 17:36:25

Lord0fHam

i've got a keyboard presser thing because blip knows the way to my vault, and i'm busy right now so i need some time before i can change it.

It's a trap!

#47 2014-04-21 17:58:24

mala

Lord0fHam wrote:

i've got a keyboard presser thing because blip knows the way to my vault, and i'm busy right now so i need some time before i can change it.

i once used something like that to leech alterac valley big_smile

Last edited by mala (2014-04-21 17:58:32)

#48 2014-04-22 20:47:29

mala

sorry Blip... you knew too much...

qEMh2ZM.png

#49 2014-04-23 00:09:47

eppfel
Website

:-( ..just when I saw your cat and figured, how to get around it. I really would like to see what traps are behind your cat. Nice house, because it was scoutable. But the new entrance does not look like that.

#50 2014-04-23 06:01:48

mala

eppfel wrote:

:-( ..just when I saw your cat and figured, how to get around it. I really would like to see what traps are behind your cat. Nice house, because it was scoutable. But the new entrance does not look like that.

you're the 2k scout who died, followed by the second one who reached the cat?
I was pretty sure wasn't Blip, you've showed hesitation where he would have not because of his previous runs big_smile

the last version was made to encourage you to dance, but too many peoples were learning the way, and seeing another player reaching the cat... well it had to be done...

I've lost 100k and 15 paintings to Jere letting him find the vault just behind the corner, that won't happen again.

Last edited by mala (2014-04-23 06:47:56)

Board footer