The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-23 14:25:10

gyuri

The William Beebe Solution

Dear fans of any art except for William Beebe, I might have found a solution for you. Also those paintings are a no-rob for quite some players so one can use them for defence as well.

I just tested what happens if you exchange a painting in the gameElements/gallery folder for another tga file with the right size and the same name. As I hoped, the new painting is shown in the game. So you can just load any other pic into the William Beebe folders.

This way you can have any painting you want in your gallery (except for the artist's name and the title), and nobody would know, because they see the painting loaded from their own gallery folder. You can use any of the other paintings, the Fortress Theory ones or make new ones yourself.

Of course we could also act as a community and provide pictures for anyone interested to change them, so a couple of us could have the same fake paintings. What do you think?

#2 2014-04-23 14:38:07

iceman
Website

Re: The William Beebe Solution

You can change the artist's name and title of the painting as well- just edit the info file beside the .tga file, changing the stuff in between the quotes to whatever you want to show up.

Also, you don't need to have the file (or even the folder) itself have the same name- all that the game uses to find paintings is the number in the info files.

Anyways, fun idea! I don't think anybody will mind getting rid of the Beebe paintings wink

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#3 2014-04-23 14:41:47

gyuri

Oh, I didn't think of that. So I could have the same painting with the same name and title instead of every single painting in the game?

#4 2014-04-23 14:54:18

iceman
Website

gyuri wrote:

Oh, I didn't think of that. So I could have the same painting with the same name and title instead of every single painting in the game?

You mean have every painting be the exact same?  Yeah- you'd just delete all of the folders in gameElements/gallery except the one you want, copy it 153 times (or whatever the painting count is), and then change the numbers in info to go from 2000 to 2152.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

Board footer