The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-28 14:01:18

Pohaku

Safest neighbourhood I've lived in...

Is anyone else getting much 'action' on their security tapes these days?

My house value is over $25,000. Of all the houses on the top two pages, my house looks the least intimidating from the front door (wooden walls and frozen dogs). You can see from the first two steps that a $2k toolkit will get you a good look at parts of my house... and yet nobody comes.

Over the last 72 hours (so including weekend) I've had a total of about eight visitors. The only one of these to show any creativity was someone I know from here, who came in with a few tools and mapped out the first section of my house before leaving.

The game is unplayable now - I enjoy scouting other houses while protecting my own, but 99% of houses include a commit-trap at the beginning that costs anything from $1,000 to $3,000 just to make sure I can get out again when I'm done. With all bounties at $100, it means at current rate of income, I need to wait a week to save up for enough tools to have a look at the first twenty squares of someone's house.

Yes, I could use a chunk of my $25k to scout, but my concern is that as my capital dwindles, even LESS people will try to rob me and I'll end up with a $3,000 house that nobody is motivated to try and break.

Is it just me that seems to be repelling robbers, or is everyone else finding the same thing?

#2 2014-04-28 14:22:57

Cylence

Re: Safest neighbourhood I've lived in...

Just checked your house, you're at 24 visits, 10 deaths. And you just visited me.

I've noticed the number of visitors has been declining. Although I get a steady stream at certain of times of day. Most of the time they are people hitting up my house every 24 hour cycle. Some are getting deeper, but haven't gotten deep enough for me to prompt a change.

I haven't gone out to rob in a while myself, since it's very expensive to stay alive while doing it. I definitely will, when a nice juicy target comes around, but I don't think that will be for awhile since the economy is quite low right now. My incentive to rob is quite low right now. I'm sure it is for everyone who has a house. For those who don't, I'm not sure there are enough patient players who will revisit and work out difficult houses.

I'd like for the chills to adjust to the size of the player base, so anybody chilled out can revisit more than once per day when there aren't that many people playing. In the meantime, I'm working on the advertisement ideas, using the free server. You should come help, so we can get the word out and hopefully attract players willing to stay and learn and prosper.

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#3 2014-04-28 14:40:09

Pohaku

Yeah, 24 visits - but it was either Friday night or Saturday morning when I last did a reset!

I poked my nose in your house because you're top - I'd like to stay and poke around, but it will just cost far too much. I could spend 75% of my value on tools for a house like yours, and that would just be to make sure I could get out alive, with no prospect of getting to the vault.

I'm happy to try and help spread the word etc, but I have very little knowledge of how to try and do so. sad

#4 2014-04-28 15:47:55

StefanLindskog

Pohaku wrote:

The only one of these to show any creativity was someone I know from here, who came in with a few tools and mapped out the first section of my house before leaving.

What can I say? I love them kitties. Had to see where they went.

Current life: Unknown

Rotary toggle switches... Sooooo sexy.

#5 2014-04-28 15:53:45

Cylence

Pohaku wrote:

Yeah, 24 visits - but it was either Friday night or Saturday morning when I last did a reset!

I poked my nose in your house because you're top - I'd like to stay and poke around, but it will just cost far too much. I could spend 75% of my value on tools for a house like yours, and that would just be to make sure I could get out alive, with no prospect of getting to the vault.

I'm happy to try and help spread the word etc, but I have very little knowledge of how to try and do so. sad

A place to contribute ideas: http://thecastledoctrine.net/forums/vie … hp?id=2845
A song we are working on: http://thecastledoctrine.net/forums/vie … hp?id=2377
A short we are working on: http://thecastledoctrine.net/forums/vie … hp?id=2878

#6 2014-04-28 17:23:08

cullman

I just scouted your house at great expense $10k-$15k of tools.  I am pretty sure I could come get your vault for less now.  You're welcome.

#7 2014-04-29 01:19:47

Pohaku

Thanks for the scout, cullman. An interesting security tape at last! I knew I was in for a good one when I saw you had taken over 600 steps, brought in $15,000 worth of tools, and survived...

You're right, with some different tools you'd have nailed it. It'll be interesting to see if you come back.

Cylence - I'll check out those threads now.

#8 2014-04-29 01:47:27

Kimenzar

Remember that most houses that get 2k robber, are in the 3k-8k section after that, my house get robbers only slowly.

#9 2014-04-29 11:00:44

Nakula

give me your name and ill gladly check you out wink

#10 2014-04-29 12:33:31

Pohaku

Well I asked for it!

Cullman did a good scouting job - though it cost him - but then earlier today Gonzalez took my vault. It took him three trips, and he used a total of $27,000 in tools (retail price) to get there, but he nailed it for $13,000. Poor investment really, but after his first trip it became worth it to invest a little more and come back. I enjoyed watching him get there.  I've since reinforced a couple of the weak points that he exploited along the way, and changed a combo or two... wink

The real pisser was that I was at work when I saw the robbery, but had no time to repair - I had to log out without redoing self-test, which somehow re-split my remaining money between wife and vault, allowing some pissant naked scout to come in, walk through Gonzalez's path of destruction, and take over $4k from me! Grrr...

Nakula - the damage is fixed, but if you wanna take a look I am Ernst. It's not worth any investment at the moment though, I am down to less than $5,000 and that is between my wife and vault.

Last edited by Pohaku (2014-04-29 12:34:13)

#11 2014-04-29 13:00:25

Cylence

Pohaku wrote:

Well I asked for it!

Cullman did a good scouting job - though it cost him - but then earlier today Gonzalez took my vault. It took him three trips, and he used a total of $27,000 in tools (retail price) to get there, but he nailed it for $13,000. Poor investment really, but after his first trip it became worth it to invest a little more and come back. I enjoyed watching him get there.  I've since reinforced a couple of the weak points that he exploited along the way, and changed a combo or two... wink

The real pisser was that I was at work when I saw the robbery, but had no time to repair - I had to log out without redoing self-test, which somehow re-split my remaining money between wife and vault, allowing some pissant naked scout to come in, walk through Gonzalez's path of destruction, and take over $4k from me! Grrr...

Nakula - the damage is fixed, but if you wanna take a look I am Ernst. It's not worth any investment at the moment though, I am down to less than $5,000 and that is between my wife and vault.

Pumaroma is Gonzalez, or was rather. Gonzalez also paid 2 visits to the Jensen gallery with a total of 8 ladders (and a bunch of other tools). I was looking forward to him visiting again, but it appears his paintings have been sent back to the auction. You may have outlived him.
http://thecastledoctrine.net/forums/vie … 401#p17401

Board footer