The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#351 2014-05-01 12:30:12

42dustman

Re: Fortress Theory Mod - Version 3

iceman wrote:

Congrats, 42Dustman!  You have figured out through trial and error what I had trouble figuring out looking at the map!

Damn, that's some top-notch house design right there. No wonder it took me so many deaths tries, it's all complex and compact and there are a lot of places where you can commit an unapparent error and only see that you mucked it up in a far away area. I also like that little modification you made by surrounding the "vault" with pits so burglars could take a peek at it's golden glory if they took this or that wrong turn. big_smile

Self-testing is torture.

#352 2014-05-01 12:31:59

42dustman

And just out of curiosity... What happens to the golden chest if it's owner dies?

Self-testing is torture.

#353 2014-05-01 15:56:10

gyuri

Ok I'm really stupid, I forgot that the Lowery house was a tribute to Stefans already solved and posted house. And of course if there's a switch I have to press it.

Here is the Hernandez house. Who finds the solution?

XC5AJ2F.jpg

Nobody got past the second gas in the north hallway, 90% of the tapes with more than 3 steps looked the same: playing with the dogs in the chihuahua roundabout and then dying in or after one of the commit gates. I really thought someone would at least try to take a leap of faith back through one of those.

#354 2014-05-01 19:04:41

iceman
Website

42dustman wrote:

And just out of curiosity... What happens to the golden chest if it's owner dies?

It is stored at the top of Mount Olympus until next King arises (whoever has the painting displayed has the vault).

gyuri wrote:

Here is the Hernandez house. Who finds the solution?

Wow, that's actually harder than I thought!  I knew you had to cross the trapdoors, see the CAD and combo the cats, but I assumed you had to do a magic dance to get back across the trapdoors.  I still haven't figured out quite how you can cross the commit gates back, though.  I also didn't expect there to be more dogs past the 2 that see you at first.

I'm guessing you have to get the chihuahua stuck where he starts out each time, and then somehow he'll let you back across the trapdoors.  I can't see how it works, though

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#355 2014-05-01 19:23:15

Lord0fHam

iceman wrote:
42dustman wrote:

It is stored at the top of Mount Olympus until next King arises (whoever has the painting displayed has the vault).

smile It's cool to see that my painting inspired that.

It's a trap!

#356 2014-05-04 16:19:50

gyuri

iceman wrote:

I'm guessing you have to get the chihuahua stuck where he starts out each time, and then somehow he'll let you back across the trapdoors.  I can't see how it works, though

That's right and it's not even that hard. Maybe someone figures it out.

#357 2014-06-11 08:42:32

42dustman

Every house in the neighborhood has been wiped out and it's like no one even noticed it yet.

Self-testing is torture.

Board footer