The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-08 13:06:36

tigerbalm immunity

Art Sales: recent acquisitions

Since there are so many paintings thanks to Blip, and prices are low, i imagine they will be scooped up steadily over the next day. 

I have recently acquired "Ceci n'est pas une beetle" which is my personal favorite and one i've had my eye on for quite some time.  This is the first chance i've had to hang it on my wall, and I must say it coordinates well the general motif of the house. 

I have also picked up the entire Dermatillomania series.  Do stop in if you care to admire them. 

I have noticed several of the nicer paintings have been purchased already; is anyone particularly proud of his buy?

edited for grammar

Last edited by tigerbalm immunity (2014-05-08 13:07:47)

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

#2 2014-05-08 13:33:44

TheRealCheese

Re: Art Sales: recent acquisitions

I purchased four paintings at the recently discounted prices and I quite enjoy all four. If you want to admire my art, feel free, though you should know, Spike does not like strangers. He is on a leash though, but if you intend to leave the house again, you shouldn't walk around too much.

Welcome!

#3 2014-05-08 13:41:33

Blip

tigerbalm immunity wrote:

I have also picked up the entire Dermatillomania series.  Do stop in if you care to admire them.

When will you guys realize that owning part of that set is a kiss of death? I have and will continue to pursue those paintings ruthlessly.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#4 2014-05-08 14:46:21

tigerbalm immunity

Blip wrote:

When will you guys realize that owning part of that set is a kiss of death? I have and will continue to pursue those paintings ruthlessly.

yarp, Blip, that is Precisely why i chose them smile

come teach me a lesson

Currently dead

#5 2014-05-08 15:53:01

mala

Blip wrote:

yarp, Blip, that is Precisely why i chose them smile

come teach me a lesson

he will.... he's stubborn as hell big_smile

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#6 2014-05-09 14:17:04

bigSadFace

I'm currently sitting with a nice collection of paintings I like.  Was tempted to hoover up all the cheap paintings but would rather curate a collection I like looking at.  Please feel free to stop by to take a look.  You're looking for Donald David Johnson's house.  I've left the door ajar. 

Collection:

Woman by the sea
Aero
Dead End
Surge After Hokusai
Storm Center
Inspiration
Sentinel
The Escape
The Knowledge of Good and Evil

#7 2014-05-09 14:23:19

tigerbalm immunity

bigSadFace wrote:

I'm currently sitting with a nice collection of paintings I like.  Was tempted to hoover up all the cheap paintings but would rather curate a collection I like looking at.  Please feel free to stop by to take a look.  You're looking for Donald David Johnson's house.  I've left the door ajar. 

Collection:

Woman by the sea
Aero
Dead End
Surge After Hokusai
Storm Center
Inspiration
Sentinel
The Escape

very nice, indeed smile

of those my favorite is Aero. never had the chance to own it, but i've held Cona (Kona?) also by andy nealon, and aero is definitely his best work.  nice grab. perhaps after Blip relieves me of the Dermotillomanians, I'll swing by for some closer looks.

Currently dead

#8 2014-05-09 15:30:55

bigSadFace

bigSadFace wrote:

Collection:

Woman by the sea
Aero
Dead End
Surge After Hokusai
Storm Center
Inspiration
Sentinel
The Escape

very nice, indeed smile

of those my favorite is Aero. never had the chance to own it, but i've held Cona (Kona?) also by andy nealon, and aero is definitely his best work.  nice grab. perhaps after Blip relieves me of the Dermotillomanians, I'll swing by for some closer looks.

I see you popped you head in the door for a glance.  It's a shame you couldn't have stayed longer.  I just popped by twice to invite you; however you didn't appear to be home.

#9 2014-05-11 12:33:31

bigSadFace

bigSadFace wrote:

Collection:

Woman by the sea
Aero
Dead End
Surge After Hokusai
Storm Center
Inspiration
Sentinel
The Escape

very nice, indeed smile

I see the Dermotillomanians are available once more.  Is Blip guaranteed to come after them if I were to pick them up?  Now that you are relived of them, please feel free to stop by.

Last edited by bigSadFace (2014-05-11 12:33:45)

#10 2014-05-11 13:45:24

Blip

bigSadFace wrote:

I see the Dermotillomanians are available once more.  Is Blip guaranteed to come after them if I were to pick them up?  Now that you are relived of them, please feel free to stop by.

Yes.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#11 2014-05-11 22:06:49

TheRealCheese

I've picked up a few more pieces at discount prices over the last few days. Feel free to peek in to take a look. I stil do not own the Dermotillomanians, I mean a few serious attempts would be fun, but no need to tempt destiny that much.

I've been told my name but I keep forgetting. Look earlier in the thread to look at my house entrance. Value as of writing this, 7300 and 12 deaths. That info is just for if you want to come admire my art, please don't help yourself to the valuables. You may look, but do not touch.

#12 2014-05-13 02:32:37

bigSadFace

Blip wrote:
bigSadFace wrote:

Yes.

Well I picked up all but one of them.  See you soon.

Board footer