The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-15 19:52:33

tigerbalm immunity

Cullman do you have another tiny tricky house up?

i just shot a dog that I could not and cannot comprehend how to move w/o tools.  the house is super tiny and fits in the upper left corner.  The dog is directly on vault path. and there is only one path.

i'm only guessing cullman. but serious kudos to whomever designed it. i have no freaking clue.  i am trying to avoid spoilers.  but damn i really wanna post the map and let cylence, iceman, or blip enlighten me

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

#2 2014-05-15 19:54:28

tigerbalm immunity

Re: Cullman do you have another tiny tricky house up?

lol i just took another look at it. was wondering what the upper buttons did. duh. i'm an idiot. still i like it smile

Currently dead

#3 2014-05-15 22:26:42

cullman

It's funny I do have a tiny trick house going, but there are no buttons...I'd love to see the one you are talking about.

I have been just casually playing the game experimenting with maps where you can see the vault and it looks like you could just walk right to it again - a sort of riff on my old fake leap of faith maps.  Of course, they have an inherent weakness in that you can see how to brute force right away.  No one has solved it, even though there is only 3 halls to go down.  It has been brute forced 3 times, 2 of them for less than the sale amount of the tools.  Here is what my current house looks like :

e4cIfVo.png

#4 2014-05-16 03:31:35

tigerbalm immunity

I have stared at that house and scouted it very heavily lol.  I  was one of the first to die in it a few days ago, was impressed by how simple and deadly (although obvious brute weakness).  I don't want to say too much but I'm pretty sure I have the general idea, which is basically line-of-sight + dance.  I suppose I could take 2 door stops and meats and keep trying. maybe I will later on. 

here is the map for the other house in question, which is gone now, pretty sure.  it's reallllly simple, but walking around it had me scratching my head and I just had to brute it, which is how I got the whole map.  http://castledraft.com/editor/7J8SfC

Currently dead

#5 2014-05-16 06:16:58

cullman

tigerbalm immunity wrote:

I have stared at that house and scouted it very heavily lol.  I  was one of the first to die in it a few days ago, was impressed by how simple and deadly (although obvious brute weakness).  I don't want to say too much but I'm pretty sure I have the general idea, which is basically line-of-sight + dance.  I suppose I could take 2 door stops and meats and keep trying. maybe I will later on. 

here is the map for the other house in question, which is gone now, pretty sure.  it's reallllly simple, but walking around it had me scratching my head and I just had to brute it, which is how I got the whole map.  http://castledraft.com/editor/7J8SfC

That's a very cool, fairly cheap and clever house. 

I won't comment whether or not you are on the right track, wrt to my house.  I will reveal the secret to my map when someone figures it out smile

#6 2014-05-16 07:08:49

poor

I actually did solve a really similar house, and I'm pretty sure I could have solved this one, so I'm not sure why I brought a ladder and three saws.

"Safety" is relative
Current life: None; I'm quite dead.

#7 2014-05-16 08:44:02

Cylence

cullman wrote:

It's funny I do have a tiny trick house going, but there are no buttons...I'd love to see the one you are talking about.

I have been just casually playing the game experimenting with maps where you can see the vault and it looks like you could just walk right to it again - a sort of riff on my old fake leap of faith maps.  Of course, they have an inherent weakness in that you can see how to brute force right away.  No one has solved it, even though there is only 3 halls to go down.  It has been brute forced 3 times, 2 of them for less than the sale amount of the tools.  Here is what my current house looks like :

http://i.imgur.com/e4cIfVo.png

My jensen life will expire soon, so I'll be 2k robbing again with him, does this house have a listing above $4k? I'll come visit if so smile

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#8 2014-05-16 09:37:21

cullman

Cylence wrote:
cullman wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/e4cIfVo.png

My jensen life will expire soon, so I'll be 2k robbing again with him, does this house have a listing above $4k? I'll come visit if so smile

$6125

#9 2014-05-16 10:21:24

Pumaroma

i have stared and stared at this house. did a bit of brute force attempting on it i just dont understand how the hell to beat it without tools.

#10 2014-05-16 10:23:02

cullman

Pumaroma wrote:

i have stared and stared at this house. did a bit of brute force attempting on it i just dont understand how the hell to beat it without tools.

That's the idea smile.  I recommend bringing a lot of tools (but not crowbars) and running straight for the vault.

Last edited by cullman (2014-05-16 10:24:06)

#11 2014-05-16 10:25:35

Pumaroma

i know better then that. I've sawed up and down. I have a complete (mental) map and still have no clue.

#12 2014-05-16 10:29:27

cullman

I will post solution/map when someone cracks it.

#13 2014-05-16 10:32:53

Pumaroma

does bringing a few crowbars count as cracking it?

#14 2014-05-16 10:39:05

cullman

Pumaroma wrote:

does bringing a few crowbars count as cracking it?

Sure as long as you bring 3 or less.

#15 2014-05-16 12:51:15

tigerbalm immunity

ok i do not, repeat, not understand the turner house.  I have scouted with door stops and dog meats every which way.  i am returning with saws.  I do not get 1. unavoidable pitbull 2. that 2nd cat. 3. that first cat!!! 4. the son.

Currently dead

#16 2014-05-16 12:59:36

tigerbalm immunity

15 saws later i am even more confused. my initial idea was incorrect, i feel safe in saying.  i have a new idea. it is not really testable without suicide scouts, though, i'm afraid.  so though i could brute it, i won't, and i can comfortably say: de fuh?  you da man, cullman

Currently dead

#17 2014-05-16 13:18:27

Pumaroma

im with u on that one tigerbalm. I've scouted the places you aren't supposed to go and i dont get it. At one point i sat there going back in forth between the doors like 400 times

#18 2014-05-16 13:38:24

TheRealCheese

Cylence wrote:

If I get my value over 4k (2.7 right now but with a bunch of paintings) will you come visit me too? I long for intelligent robbers! I am Mr Pleasant.

#19 2014-05-16 14:54:58

cullman

This might be my simplest and most successful house.  I am sure someone will get it pretty soon here.

#20 2014-05-16 15:51:20

poor

Okay, it does not work how I thought it did. There are only so many possibilities, though.

"Safety" is relative
Current life: None; I'm quite dead.

#21 2014-05-16 16:25:52

tigerbalm immunity

TheRealCheese wrote:
Cylence wrote:

If I get my value over 4k (2.7 right now but with a bunch of paintings) will you come visit me too? I long for intelligent robbers! I am Mr Pleasant.

My intelligence is nowhere near Cylence's level, however, i shall do my best to give you a fun tape or two. i am EM roberts.

Currently dead

#22 2014-05-16 16:39:32

tigerbalm immunity

well that probably won't be all that entertaining for you. but i did bring a bunch of toolios.

Currently dead

#23 2014-05-16 16:44:39

tigerbalm immunity

それはトラップである wrote:

http://castledraft.com/editor/7J8SfC

I have decided to break my lurk to claim the little house.  Glad it was appreciated.

smile  i still feel bad for posting the map, but i meant it as a compliment if that makes sense. glad the appreciation was appreciated. and welcome. and moshi moshi. or is that just a phone greeting? i feel that it is.

Currently dead

#24 2014-05-16 17:47:57

TheRealCheese

tigerbalm immunity wrote:

well that probably won't be all that entertaining for you. but i did bring a bunch of toolios.

It was more entertaining than most robbers I see.

You got as far as most suiciders do, you just didn't die!

#25 2014-05-16 18:42:15

tigerbalm immunity

TheRealCheese wrote:

It was more entertaining than most robbers I see.

You got as far as most suiciders do, you just didn't die!

i realize there was a very high likelihood that it was safe for me to use my 2nd ladder on the furthest trap door i saw. but i got scared. i have not much real robbing exp.  i will come back when i get another 10k i don't want. or maybe 20k

Currently dead

Board footer