The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-05-26 18:24:50

Blip

Re: Luna's Park Grand Opening

5/5 Stars! Luna Park was an amazing and fun place to go to! Lots of animals to play with, and lots of cool bits and bobs to mess with as well. The best part, though, was the carnival games; I won the grand prize of 45,000 dollars!

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#27 2014-05-26 19:07:19

tigerbalm immunity

Blip wrote:

5/5 Stars! Luna Park was an amazing and fun place to go to! Lots of animals to play with, and lots of cool bits and bobs to mess with as well. The best part, though, was the carnival games; I won the grand prize of 45,000 dollars!

you gonna build a house with that, blip?

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

#28 2014-05-26 20:42:59

mala

Blip wrote:

goddam you blip, you ended up smashing a meaningless wall big_smile

did you got hint on that side or it was pure luck?
btw nice job, here's the map

GyK9Zx9.jpg

as every luna park, it's a complete scam...

all you had to do is send 2 cats up, walk to the first dog of the doggy path (to avoid being killed on the last set of pits by the first cat you sent), free the caged dog, pass the commit gate and walk to the other side of the house, than north.

After 83 step the wife will activate the panic button, and the door will open for a single turn
you should reach the upper red door on your 83rd step (in my solution, but i guess there could be more) so you can walk through the door before it shuts again.

Everything else is just there to mess with you, i don't even know if the lower part works properly big_smile

Hope you had fun in it big_smile

Last edited by mala (2014-05-27 07:31:03)

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#29 2014-05-27 07:56:24

mala

One of the good part of the design is that the whole solution is made in complete safety.

I just had to count the steps, i must set the pitbull free on step 53, than just walk to the vault.
If something goes wrong before the 53rd step, just leave and retry.

Pretty comfortable, never had to use the "safety click" during self test.

Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#30 2014-05-28 19:45:48

Blip

mala wrote:
Blip wrote:

goddam you blip, you ended up smashing a meaningless wall big_smile

did you got hint on that side or it was pure luck?

I could tell pretty early on that the vault was either in the top right or bottom left corner, and since I was already up by the top right and I saw a 1-thick concrete wall behind a pit, I figured that that might be a place worth cutting through the wall. Turns out it was!

as every luna park, it's a complete scam...

all you had to do is send 2 cats up, walk to the first dog of the doggy path (to avoid being killed on the last set of pits by the first cat you sent), free the caged dog, pass the commit gate and walk to the other side of the house, than north.

After 83 step the wife will activate the panic button, and the door will open for a single turn
you should reach the upper red door on your 83rd step (in my solution, but i guess there could be more) so you can walk through the door before it shuts again.

Everything else is just there to mess with you, i don't even know if the lower part works properly big_smile

Hope you had fun in it big_smile

That's both irritating and very clever. I was so convinced at first that the correct route involved going down somehow, then coming back up, and having one of those doors along the right wall open to reveal the vault. Seeing the door at the bottom made me realize the possibility that the vault could be along the family path, and I ended up just running with that.

Overall, it was a really nice house, and I was only able to finally get you for a pretty absurd amount of tools. Also, your house probably forced me to use more tools unnecessarily than any other house I've ever tried; I really had no clear idea of how the house was meant to work even once I robbed you.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#31 2014-05-29 06:36:02

mala

Blip wrote:

Seeing the door at the bottom made me realize the possibility that the vault could be along the family path, and I ended up just running with that.

i was afraid of giving away the idea while adding that room..

Blip wrote:

That's both irritating and very clever. I was so convinced at first that the correct route involved going down somehow, then coming back up, and having one of those doors along the right wall open to reveal the vault.

that was the whole point, the 2way commit gates in the lower section was meant to give that impression, find your way around the house while choosing the right animal to chase or being chased by, while loosing time and tools big_smile

Board footer